What are you playing now

what I am wondering: does Waterson get any royalties from commercial use of his images?

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Wondering what the "other things that will become clear soon" reason for the delays is, Gog's new service?

I think you're confusing the Original Sin delay with the Unrest delay? Larian have been pretty clear from the outset the reason for their delay (mainly voice stuff), whereas the Unrest devs are the ones who used that line. The best guess however is that they don't want to release during the Steam sale, because that would completely swamp their game under all the sale hype.

No I'm not, from the latest KS update:

Because of the voice recordings (and a few other things which will become clear soon) we have to delay the release of Divinity: Original Sin by 10 days.

Emphasis mine ;)

Or am I the only one who thinks it's odd that D:OS hasn't been announced on Gog yet?

Heh, weird that all that'd only add up to ten days I guess. I imagine I'll download the DRM-free version direct from the Larian Vault though, so not really concerned about alternate vendors.

I guess the rationale becomes opposite here though. They're releasing a full priced title right into the midst of Steam sale hype. Not sure how that'd work.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Heh, weird that all that'd only add up to ten days I guess. I imagine I'll download the DRM-free version direct from the Larian Vault though, so not really concerned about alternate vendors.

I guess the rationale becomes opposite here though. They're releasing a full priced title right into the midst of Steam sale hype. Not sure how that'd work.

Well Larian has been providing their games DRM free for a long while, in that regard they're probably on the same page as the Gog guys, on top of that the lack of decent matchmaking on non-Steam platforms was a bit of an issue for Dragon Commander, so it doesn't seem inconceivable that they've been working with Gog on integrating their new multiplayer service for quite some time already. Which would possibly turn D:OS into a "launch title" for the Gog thing.

Btw, I generally grab a Larian Vault key as well, if only for the fact that this has so far provided me with a DRM free copy *and* a Steam key (has been the case for the Divinity Anthology (currently 33% off on the Vault btw), which I got in a nice box as well as Dragon Commander).

Heh, I forgot that I made two separate pledges for the game on two Kickstarter accounts, totally forgot to register address details for the one with all the special goodies. Would've sucked not getting my pretty trinkets.

EDIT: And now the backer interface shows I gave an extra $50 for add-ons which I don't remember at all. I can't be expected to remember things for two years!

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Heh, I forgot that I made two separate pledges for the game on two Kickstarter accounts, totally forgot to register address details for the one with all the special goodies. Would've sucked not getting my pretty trinkets.

EDIT: And now the backer interface shows I gave an extra $50 for add-ons which I don't remember at all. I can't be expected to remember things for two years!

They refunded some money for people with alpha/beta access (since they ended up giving it to every backer), maybe it's that?

Edited by marelooke

So Humanoid who is your alt here?

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Dammit, I knew I couldn't hide my 3D modelling prodigy of an alt secret forever.

EDIT: Oh, and turns out the extra was just the T-shirt addons I completely forgot about. So should be good now. I'd forgotten to do the Message in the Woods thing as well, they're still accepting the text entry but no idea if it's actually locked down yet.

Edited by Humanoid
  • Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Dammit, I knew I couldn't hide my 3D modelling prodigy of an alt secret forever.

EDIT: Oh, and turns out the extra was just the T-shirt addons I completely forgot about. So should be good now. I'd forgotten to do the Message in the Woods thing as well, they're still accepting the text entry but no idea if it's actually locked down yet.

I just filled in the name-a-pet today, don't really have much inspiration for the other two I have access to (name an undead and the message in a bottle)

Played a bit of the online hacking games for Watch Dogs today.  I stuck with the tailing missions.  They're a breeze when your opponent is new to the game.  Just hide behind an object in a busy part of the city and he spends his time scanning the people he can see.  Easy XP.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Tried fighting Nito in Dark Souls on NG++++++ - second time I'd ever fought him, (I edited my character to go from NG+ straight to NG++++++, ok - didn't feel like doing all that incremental nonsense that all the + difficulties have, so might as well go straight to the hardest). Got riposted by one of the small skeletons on the very last hit on Nito that would've killed him, and died. Made me burst out laughing, because of how ridiculous this game is.

If Nito was actually hard - it was only my..third attempt, I want to say?...I might've been more unhappy. :p

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Currently:

ESO - Just tryin it on, I love that I'm level 22 and aint been in 1 party yet.

Neverwinter Nights:HotU -- Although...I don't think I ever stop playing NwN...so maybe currently isn't appropriate

Arcanum - Same as NwN.. I mean yeah...just yeah.

Bard's Tale - I do it for the lolz. I've never seen a character **** on so many times in a single game play hahahahaha

Pokemon : Fire Red - I'm in class atm and when the class goes on break, Pull out the cell phone and kill ten minutes.

Edited by pnhearer

Whoever designed the police chases in Watch Dogs should never design police chases ever again.  Biggest annoyance/frustration in the entire game.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

So wait, was Watch Dogs a bust, or a success?

it seemed to be sooper-groovy... for about 10 seconds. rare has we seen such quick and harsh revisionism regarding a major title.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Xenonauts, great game.

Love that there armed civies on the maps. Nothing better then seeing a cop kill an alien that had outmaneuvered you.

My recent UFO assaults have looked more like police raids with teams storming the entry points with flashbangs, stun batons and shields. I agree great game, it's also nice how even though it feels like X-Com there are enough important variations that you can't just auto-pilot back to old X-Com tactics and strategies. And oh my god, how great is that airstrike option? It always used to get so annoying when I just wanted that next piece of research and instead I had to do a couple of UFO crashes instead. Huge time saver. 

• Like 2

So wait, was Watch Dogs a bust, or a success?

Overall, it's a good game with a lot of interesting stuff and concepts.  I don't regret my purchase.  It just has some things that make you wonder why they decided to go that route.  The police car chases (IMO) are one of the bigger flaws in the design of the game.

• Like 1

Meh, taking a break:

Tried the DLC for Van Helsing 2. Don't like it. Loved the game. Don't like the DLC. Walk onto bridge, aggro ranged mobs from offscreen, die trying to charge them. Rince repeat. Mobs spawncamp the portal into the zone.

Tried doing some Van Helsing 2 scenarios to maybe become more powerfull. Shouldn't be necessary. If DLC is made for after finishing the campaign, thena  character who breezes through the campaign should be able to do it without long farming of scenarios. Or at least they should note that it is only meant for the hardcore crowd. Loved the game. Seriously dislike the whole scenario thing. Bad enough, when you open the menu to select a scenario, you can't leave without finalizing the settings for the scenario. I just want to quit the game, not click stupid buttons... feth off. I hate bad UI design.

Tried playing Echo Prime. Remembered that I have done everything and the last three echos I am missing are a minute random chance after killing thousands of enemies. Meh.

Tried playing Dungeon of the Endless. Remembered that the update was seriously bugged. The hotfix only made the bugs it supposedly fixed worse. Meh

Sunday I'm off out of town and may stay away for a month. Will only take my tiny notebook with me that has no games on it. Work all day, write all evening. And maybe monitor the steam sale just in case something I actually really want goes on sale.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Replaying The Stick of Truth as a Rogue. Skipping side quests and just going through the main story. 

Did you know there are side quests in the police station during the endgame?

I'm not sure. I know I did one quest for Sgt. Yates. That's the only quest I know of in the PoPo station.

Been enjoying my hours in Payday 2. The newest of the heists (the "Big Bank" heist) is ludicrous with over 500 police dead by the time you finish (usually by Jokering the place and crashing a bus through the wall).

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

You know what else developers need to cut the crap out?  Unskippable credits at the end.  I had to sit through over 20 minutes of credits for Watch Dogs just to get to the point I could access the main menu after I finished the game.

MAKE THE DAMN THINGS SKIPPABLE!

• Like 1