Still playing Dragon Age. But New Vegas is calling my name. :unsure:

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Played some more Whispered World. Can't believe people can do those puzzles. Makes me feel very dumb. Of course I've always been bad at puzzles.

Same as me, but what I find is I am use to quick problem solving. So I tend to be lazy with the puzzle solving process, but if I apply myself then I generally come right

I remember in Darksiders in the beginning I mostly used walkthroughs to solve the puzzles

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Alternately trying out both the Floris Expanded mod and the Silverstag mod for Mount and Blade Warband...  both add, tweak and tidy up a whole lot of features. Mostly in slightly different ways. I can see how they had some of the same modders working on both.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Booted up Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning again last night. Its still a fun game. Reminds me of a single player World of Warcraft with fun combat. The menu system is awful though.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Been playing World of Goo, Bastion and Castle Crashers. The first two are being played for the first time. Castle crashers, I own on every platform it is released on but it's the first time I play it on PC. I have only played it in 4 player local co-op before. This time, I'm playing solo. It's not as fun, but I still enjoy it.

Metro: Last Light and Divinity: Original Sin on and off courtesy of GabeN. Actually really impressed with LL, not so much with Divinity (if I wanted to talk to myself with poorly written lines and rock, paper, scissors I could drink excessive amounts of alcohol and do it on my own. Even with a second player, the lines don't stop being garbage as far as writing goes.)

Booted up Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning again last night. Its still a fun game. Reminds me of a single player World of Warcraft with fun combat. The menu system is awful though.

It was charming enough that I felt bad that the melee between it and the state of Rhode Island resulted in the state of Rhode Island still existing. Visual design a little too WoW, world and story a little too shallow, quests a little too lacking in motivation, but... You know. Rhode Island. If the world were fair, they wouldn't even have half a senator. Amalur's devs could have done better, Rhode Island's denizens and government have proven they cannot in over 200 years of existence.

Edited by AGX-17

Metro: Last Light and Divinity: Original Sin on and off courtesy of GabeN. Actually really impressed with LL, not so much with Divinity (if I wanted to talk to myself with poorly written lines and rock, paper, scissors I could drink excessive amounts of alcohol and do it on my own. Even with a second player, the lines don't stop being garbage as far as writing goes.)

Not a fan of the rock, paper. scissors mini-game either and an option to disable it and just roll the dice (as it used to be earlier in beta) was requested by a bunch of people (including yours truly). The dialogues very early in are a tad cheesy I'll admit, it usually does get better later in the game though if their earlier games are anything to go by. Of course if Larian's sense of humour doesn't appeal to you you're out of luck I guess.

More Blade of Darkness, but now the flaws are piling up. I keep fighting same kinds of enemies over and over with merely buffed stats, even in case of some bosses, and while the game can still provide threatening atmosphere at times and some of the traps are pretty clever, the medieval castles are all blurring together into this gray mess.

Then I got into Gorge of Orlok level, which has a fog effect so strong and bugged out that I need to mod the game to move any further. I hate modding games just to get rid of these very specific gamebreaking mid-game bugs. There is also a bug where your character would just stand still every time a scripted sequence came and not do anything, but I could handle that because usually it was fixed miraculously by Ctrl+Shift+Esc and then coming back to the game.

Well, I picked up Van Helsing 2 on a whim, but haven't play/beat the original since it released last year, so I went back and am almost done with a playthrough as the Thaumaturge class so that I might transfer it into the 2nd game.  While I'm not crazy about the hit impacts throughout the game, I will say that the game has charm as far as environments, some banter between the characters and I really enjoy the music.  I'll finish up this playthrough as I only probably have less than an hour left and will be gone over the weekend, but then I'm probably sad to say, I'll be putting off my transfer into the 2nd game as I'll be starting Divinity: Original Sin on Monday, which I'm extremely excited for.

Shovel Knight. This might be fun for a quite some time. :o

The game is insanely fun.  It's everything I had hoped it would be.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

More Blade of Darkness, but now the flaws are piling up. I keep fighting same kinds of enemies over and over with merely buffed stats, even in case of some bosses, and while the game can still provide threatening atmosphere at times and some of the traps are pretty clever, the medieval castles are all blurring together into this gray mess.

Then I got into Gorge of Orlok level, which has a fog effect so strong and bugged out that I need to mod the game to move any further. I hate modding games just to get rid of these very specific gamebreaking mid-game bugs. There is also a bug where your character would just stand still every time a scripted sequence came and not do anything, but I could handle that because usually it was fixed miraculously by Ctrl+Shift+Esc and then coming back to the game.

It's awesome though despite everything. Now that would be a kickstarter worth having. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Playing Blackguards, probably won't finish. Too many things wrong with it. 4 levels of the same spell and for each increment it suffers a penalty to hit and a bonus to damage and each level take up a different slot on the action bar. You can't equip anything from the comunal inventory during combat but have to wait till it's over. Designed for tablet probably with the super simplistic traveling. I could go on. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

finally tried Guacamelee! and while my initial impression had been very good, in a couple of hours I was already tearing my hair out in frustration. 

it's a console game, and you can't get around it. I'm not sure how it works on consoles, but on PC... first, it didn't see my controller. I figured, "hey, that's ok, I'll go with the keyboard". and omg it was a mistake, I should've just uninstalled it right then and there.

the controls are terrible. unresponsive and clunky, for a platformer/fighting game this is the worst possible thing that could happen. doing combos feels like trying to perform Brutalities in MK. the harder platforming parts make me almost break the keyboard because the character sometimes does one thing, and other times - another, all in the same situation and with the same commands. 

but of course it has redeeming qualities. everything else about this game is great: art, how challenges are designed, level design etc. and it has a 2-player mode!

if I had it on a console I would be happy with it, but on a PC, I don't know if I would recommend it.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark

It's not awful, but it's a cheaply made game. The overwhelming majority of the characters are just reused models from Fall of Cybertron. Not even the single player models, but the multiplayer models with bland color schemes that make everyone overwhelmingly red or purple. The only new models seem to be the movie characters, who don't have that color problem, but they look like crap.

The level design is actually somewhat decent. The big thing holding it back is that they clearly had a small budget, so they pad out every single level with a hold-the-line scenario. And it lacks the spectacular moments of the other two Cybertron games.

The only new mechanics are two new guns (one of which is G1 Megatron, awesome), a power, and an unlock system that might be familiar to you if you've played ME3's multiplayer.

And it has no competitive multiplayer. Only a horde mode.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."