Random Sales

melkathi

Oh I see, for some reason, I always thought you are living more to the west. I remember though that Paradox was one of two or three, who had regional prices for my region, when Pillars came out. But for some unknown reasons, it was still much more expensive compared to Sweden or Norway :-/

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

just bought Tyranny on GOG, since it's only 10$, I've heard mixed things about it, though. some say it's a very good RPG, while others say it's unplayable due to many game breaking bugs. what's the general consensus on these forums?

Unsure about the general consensus here yet, but Tyranny is a great RPG with high replayability, meaningful choices, good graphics and unique magic system. Haven't encountered any game-breaking (e.g. crashes or impossibility to progress) bugs in 5 PTs.

• Like 2

Choices are good for an Obsidian game, though the ultimata set by npcs "Don't be friends with them or we won't be friends with you anymore" do at times stray towards the childish.

I uninstalled yesterday as I realized I will not do a second playthrough.

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

• 2 weeks later...

Choices are good for an Obsidian game, though the ultimata set by npcs "Don't be friends with them or we won't be friends with you anymore" do at times stray towards the childish.

I uninstalled yesterday as I realized I will not do a second playthrough.

Agreed. Considering that that's not how real-life always goes.

The thing I find with Obsidian games is that there is choice but not actual freedom. When you stack something like Tyranny up against something like Divinity: Original Sin, you start to realize just how limiting an Obsidian game can tend to be whilist a game like Original Sin handles those freedoms extremely well.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Hob is on sale now for $17.99 from $19.99. I got my copy and you all would do well to follow my example.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/404680/Hob/

What is Hob? Hob is a new fantasy rpg from the makers of Torchlight 1 and 2 (who are the original makers of Diablo 1 and 2 as well).

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

• 2 weeks later...

So Origin is having a sale and I'm vaguely tempted to buy DAI. Anyone want to talk me out of it? I know it's kind of bland, but it's the same price as a coffee, albeit a fairly large coffee from a premium cafe.

Also Andromeda is on sale for 15usd in kiwibux, which must be the steepest price decline ever.

• Like 1

So Origin is having a sale and I'm vaguely tempted to buy DAI. Anyone want to talk me out of it? I know it's kind of bland, but it's the same price as a coffee, albeit a fairly large coffee from a premium cafe.

Also Andromeda is on sale for 15usd in kiwibux, which must be the steepest price decline ever.

Think of it as an offline MMO with Ubisoft side quest design, add some real time based time counters for some stuff and you have Dragon Quest: Inquisition.

I spent 100 hours on it , completing it in six months, because I wanted to play an MMO, but couldn't

I'd pick up DAI if it has all the story DLC. It's still pretty long if you skip all the fetch and kill MMO type quests and it isn't bad so much as it was just disappointing. It compares pretty unfavorably to the Witcher 3 though so that might lower its worth a bit.

I'd also pick up Andromeda for 15 bucks. I beat it before most of the patches but I hear the animations and faces look better now. I also think the fact that I beat it means that it was, at least to me anyway, good enough to finish... but I also pre-ordered it and paid full price so maybe I was just trying to get my money's worth. I don't know where I'm going with this so I'll just stop here.

• Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

DAI GOTY is more expensive than Andromeda, which is a bit annoying- it's the base game that is really cheap. I am pretty tempted to pick one or the other up, but they are probably the sort of game I need to buy and play immediately so that means one only. I'd probably enjoy either well enough since I have pretty realistic expectations and won't be expecting masterpieces, plus I tend to find cringey writing amusing rather than annoying so long as I'm not expecting Shakespeare.

I am definitely thinking that a bit of distance between DAI and Witcher 3 may be an advantage though in retrospect.

Alpha Protocol is the best Obsidian game, you all should know that!

I'm not sure I would put it above KotOR II but AP is among their better games (not that they've made bad games).

• Like 2

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I would spent the money on something less cringeworthy :-P

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

DAI GOTY is more expensive than Andromeda, which is a bit annoying- it's the base game that is really cheap. I am pretty tempted to pick one or the other up, but they are probably the sort of game I need to buy and play immediately so that means one only. I'd probably enjoy either well enough since I have pretty realistic expectations and won't be expecting masterpieces, plus I tend to find cringey writing amusing rather than annoying so long as I'm not expecting Shakespeare.

I am definitely thinking that a bit of distance between DAI and Witcher 3 may be an advantage though in retrospect.

Inquisition is more polished game of the two and it does everything better than Andromeda, and if you enjoy Thedas lore it's a treasure trove of new things and information (for the record I also enjoyed The Silmarillion more than Lord of the Rings for exactly the same reason).

With Solas and Cole Bioware managed to create two rather interesting NPCs in Inquisition while those in Andromeda are all fairly bland. On the other hand Inquisition also has some terrible NPCs (even by Bioware annoyment gold standard Aerie - yeah looking at you Sera) and let's not forget, all the women have male skeletons, skulls and faces. It's a veritable ****** paradise. Cuz social justice. /luzi

No seriously, if you want to pick up only one of them and you don't have a strong hankering for sci-fi pick Inquisition and for the love of god do not stay in the Hinterlands until you've done every quest there. You'll go mad. I..., I... sometimes I still hear the voices. *sob* I...

Edited by Gfted1
Lets leave slurs out of the conversations, please. :)

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I managed to endure DAI for a full two hours before I was awash with the urge to purge with fire. I imagine the impression will be even worse after going through Twitcher3. Money comes and goes, time doesn't. I guess I could have stopped gathering elfroot in the Hinterlands, but I wasn't particularly gripped by the game anyway, and the first 10 hours or so are supposed to be where devs put most effort and care in AAA titles these days, no?

In other news I just impulse-purchased Shadow Warrior 2 50% off on GOG. Is it any good? I basically stockpile coop games to play through with a friend in -rather infrequent- binges, which leads to the problem of deciding which one to fire up next. #firstworldproblems

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I managed to endure DAI for a full two hours before I was awash with the urge to purge with fire. I imagine the impression will be even worse after going through Twitcher3. Money comes and goes, time doesn't. I guess I could have stopped gathering elfroot in the Hinterlands, but I wasn't particularly gripped by the game anyway, and the first 10 hours or so are supposed to be where devs put most effort and care in AAA titles these days, no?

In other news I just impulse-purchased Shadow Warrior 2 50% off on GOG. Is it any good? I basically stockpile coop games to play through with a friend in -rather infrequent- binges, which leads to the problem of deciding which one to fire up next. #firstworldproblems

Oh, yeah. Bioware messed up the beginning of Inquisition. The game gets more interesting and better paced once the prologue is over but that can take everything from 2 hours to 40 depending on how much elfroot you compulsively pick up in the Hinterlands. Hence the tip. Heh. ;)

No clue about Shadow Warrior though but for co-op shootering business I can recommend Serious Sam if you haven't gotten it already.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

For a multiplayer looter-shooter it's pretty average.

Would recommend only if you played Borderlands to death and are willing to accept a drop in quality.

Would recommend only if you played Borderlands to death and are willing to accept a drop in quality.

Borderlands is underrated in this forum. Borderlands 2 is the best fps/rpg... wouldn't really call it a "grind" as some others here would but I know the game well and become powerful quickly.
  • Like 1

Borderlands: the Pre-sequel is one of my favorite shooters of all time. it's just brilliant and has one of the best "secret" boss fights in the history of FPSs

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

No clue about Shadow Warrior though but for co-op shootering business I can recommend Serious Sam if you haven't gotten it already.

Thanks. Never seriously (groan) considered them. I'll take a look, should be pretty cheap and it seems to be like the kind of simple, mindless fun that's right up my alley for coop play.

Never played Borderlands. I'm just not into that art style, and mechanically the game didn't look that special from what I saw in LPs.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Ducktales, woo-ooo, is on sale for Steam. I might need to grab it.

Great game, with a terrible bit after the last boss fight that had several players give up on the game.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).