What are you playing now?

Rosbjerg

Short: I am okay. I live Kharkov, which is pretty far away from the riots of the capital; Kiev. It is really cold now and I am really worried about those people in Kiev. They must be freezing their Azov.. arse off.  

----

Really long:

As I understand, parts of the population, especially young people and the western part would like to join the EU, but parts of the Association Agreement with the EU includes some legals changes to the country and the current government fears the prosecution for years of corruption and embezzlement and has declined..

It seems that the only people that really get rich and build big houses for themselves here are politicians with a business.. Unfortunately none of them have any road business and unfortunately the EURO 2102 was shared with Poland, because the roads are full of holes and really need fixing and only those roads that were on the path to the soccer events were fixed.. I realized shortly after my arrival, that the reason why they are all driving like drunks here are because they are trying to avoid all the holes in the road. It's a giant slalom to avoid all the pits.

It seems the unrest only express itself in violent outbursts in Kiev, really; obviously you might say, because it's the capital... I live in Kharkiv (Kharkov), in the eastern part close to the Russian border. My wife is very concerned about the events in Kiev of course (she is Ukrainian), but something gets lost in translation or it could be a matter of mentality.. There is really a lot of corruption here, but mostly at high levels apparently. To me it's only evident when dealing with officials and the public 'soviet' administration. Everything can be fixed with a little infusion, but it was a big hurdle to cross that line the first time and it was only because they had been wasting our time for months we had to resort to that to get my visa fixed in the nick of time. 'Normal' people are very decent, respectful and polite, even the police guards at the metro smile sometimes, the daring ones..

Before I went to Ukraine, two years ago, I read all sorts of "tour guides" about various people having problems with abuse of the local militia (the Ukrainian police) and corruption, but they are all very polite, invisible or humble in my presence.. As long as I just avoid smoking in public places (which is the only rule I really know of and haven't tested) like bus stops I foresee no problems of any kind based on past experiences.

Television is pretty weird. Everything is dubbed in Russian, with Ukrainian subtitles like the rest of the nation.. There is still a strong influence of Russia here and more so in the eastern part than the western part. 

Obviously I am playing with my keyboard now and therefore totally on-topic here....

• Like 6

(Signatures: disabled) 

Short: I am okay. I live Kharkov, which is pretty far away from the riots of the capital; Kiev. It is really cold now and I am really worried about those people in Kiev. They must be freezing their Azov.. arse off.  

----

Really long:

As I understand, parts of the population, especially young people and the western part would like to join the EU, but parts of the Association Agreement with the EU includes some legals changes to the country and the current government fears the prosecution for years of corruption and embezzlement and has declined..

It seems that the only people that really get rich and build big houses for themselves here are politicians with a business.. Unfortunately none of them have any road business and unfortunately the EURO 2102 was shared with Poland, because the roads are full of holes and really need fixing and only those roads that were on the path to the soccer events were fixed.. I realized shortly after my arrival, that the reason why they are all driving like drunks here are because they are trying to avoid all the holes in the road. It's a giant slalom to avoid all the pits.

It seems the unrest only express itself in violent outbursts in Kiev, really; obviously you might say, because it's the capital... I live in Kharkiv (Kharkov), in the eastern part close to the Russian border. My wife is very concerned about the events in Kiev of course (she is Ukrainian), but something gets lost in translation or it could be a matter of mentality.. There is really a lot of corruption here, but mostly at high levels apparently. To me it's only evident when dealing with officials and the public 'soviet' administration. Everything can be fixed with a little infusion, but it was a big hurdle to cross that line the first time and it was only because they had been wasting our time for months we had to resort to that to get my visa fixed in the nick of time. 'Normal' people are very decent, respectful and polite, even the police guards at the metro smile sometimes, the daring ones..

Before I went to Ukraine, two years ago, I read all sorts of "tour guides" about various people having problems with abuse of the local militia (the Ukrainian police) and corruption, but they are all very polite, invisible or humble in my presence.. As long as I just avoid smoking in public places (which is the only rule I really know of and haven't tested) like bus stops I foresee no problems of any kind based on past experiences.

Television is pretty weird. Everything is dubbed in Russian, with Ukrainian subtitles like the rest of the nation.. There is still a strong influence of Russia here and more so in the eastern part than the western part. 

Obviously I am playing with my keyboard now and therefore totally on-topic here....

Thanks for the response, you have raised some interesting points based on your observations. I can understand how where you live would be influenced by Russia due to the geography. I have been following this story with interest because its an internal ideological divide between aligning with Russia or joining the EU. Either way Ukraine goes it can set a precedent for certain other countries :)

I know this has nothing to do with what games we are playing so I apologize for those who might have had to read this but we are a global community so I assume people would find this relevant

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Trying to finish off M&B.  Rather amusing in my game that all the Vaegyir lords I started out with have defected (including my character's husband, who I've beaten up and imprisoned 2 times) but as a result the King loves me more than any other so I've got Curaw, Dhirim, Khudan and about 6 castles. 

I guess I'm sort of well staged for a coup, though taking nobles prisoner after defeat seems like it will hamper that

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Trying to finish off M&B.  Rather amusing in my game that all the Vaegyir lords I started out with have defected (including my character's husband, who I've beaten up and imprisoned 2 times) but as a result the King loves me more than any other so I've got Curaw, Dhirim, Khudan and about 6 castles. 

I guess I'm sort of well staged for a coup, though taking nobles prisoner after defeat seems like it will hamper that

Huh, I didn't know people actually finish M&B.   :blink:

• Like 1

Only possible in Warband I think? And it'd be extremely tedious with dozens, if not hundreds of battles involving thousands of troops each required (since the AI cheats and raises instant armies). With that in mind, I'd probably estimate the point where you found your own kingdom represents, oh, about 5% progress to actually "finishing" the game.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Huh, I didn't know people actually finish M&B.   :blink:

Yeah, I had no idea Mount & Blade had an actual end either.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Only possible in Warband I think? And it'd be extremely tedious with dozens, if not hundreds of battles involving thousands of troops each required (since the AI cheats and raises instant armies). With that in mind, I'd probably estimate the point where you found your own kingdom represents, oh, about 5% progress to actually "finishing" the game.

Well when I started I decided making my own kingdom and making it slightly successful would be my end point in terms of satisfaction with the game. Was aware there's no victory condition or anything when starting so, just set a goal.   

Making way too much money now though :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yep, that's the point where I called it a day as well - controlled about a starting faction's worth of territory. Just be aware that it's extremely likely that you'll get dogpiled soon after declaring independence, the game is hard coded to make all leaders have extremely low opinions of newbie rulers. Early days of independence will likely consist of days and days of defending sieges.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I don't think I'm patient/compulsive enough to enjoy Don't Starve for long. 

The worlds are fun to explore, full of entertaining and humorous surrealism, but the base-building that you probably need to do to survive for long just takes too much attention to detail.  It'd be another thing if I could pause the game and peruse the various item-construction recipes-- doing so while the clock is ticking means that I miss things, which edges the game more towards frustration than fun.  (Also, damn those tiles with the construction recipes are low-res.  It can be tough to make out, say, how many rocks are needed for a fire pit, and it's not my monitor resolution.) 

Decided to buy Mars: War Logs.  Only an hour or so in, and so far I'm enjoying it.  I like the setting (so far).  It does look like a budget title, less polished than what I'm used to, but it's not that big of a deal.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Played and finished the first act of Broken Age.

Too easy for my taste which led to a playthrough that felt really rushed even though I had no intention of rushing anything. The game will still be of decent length with the second Act but I hope they can make it *slightly* more difficult (hopefully not to the point of being really frustrating).

Really enjoyed the story though. The dialogue and all that is amusing, but not really downright funny I find. On the other hand, behind the childish and beautiful appearance of the game, there is a dark side to the story as well which works really well. I think I can see where it's gonna go in the second Act, but yeah, it'll be fun to see how it plays out for sure.

• Like 1

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

The voice acting is really sub par in Mars: War Logs.  It's like they paid some folks $5 off the street to read lines.  Other than that, I'm enjoying the atmosphere of the game.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Knights of The Old Republic with the restoration mod.. I never actually finished a game with it, and I have to say Malachor V suddenly makes a lot of sense :p But overall a much much more awesome experience as the story becomes so much more fleshed out. Especially the end, where your choices and companions actually matter.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

And I bet you haven't seen the most of it.

I wonder how many people actually have seen, say, Disciple/Atton or Visas/Handmaiden on Malachor.

Anyway, thanks for the compliment, and stick around for the upgrade ;)

• Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Hey guys. Quick question linking for a hopefully quick answer. After seeing a post on rpgwatch about fulfilling my pledge for Pillars of Eternity, I simply came to the conclusion that I had forgotten to back it however after recently doing so, I wanted to ask a question.

I know it's gonna release at drm free, steam, or gog. Should I have had to pick one when purchasing the game or have they said anything about that being closet to release?

To the best of my knowledge, we haven't had the option to choose distribution yet.  I doubt we will for a while.

I want to run the Valindra's Tower Epic Dungeon in Neverwinter Online, but everytime I go to play some games, I just wind up playing Might & Magic X instead.  Damn that addictive game.  Damn it.  :grin:

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Tried about half an hour of Firefall and uninstalled.

If that's the one with the big mech-suits ... I liked the graphical environment but yeah, couldn't see myself playing it for long.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Spec Ops gameplay is not worse or better than any other cover-based shooter... which is to say, horrible.

Oh It's worse (on PC at least) due to terrible mouse accelartion which makes for floaty uncomfortable aiming, badly implemented cover mechanic, and bland gunplay.

Edited by Fighter

I've played it on PC (no consoles), and nope, didn't seemed worse to me than ME2, ME3, AP's cover (which I ignored), GTA IV's cover (also ignored).

And I am glad to say that's all the boring gameplay cover shooters I had the 'pleasure' to play...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee