What are you playing now?

Rosbjerg

Zor maybe the reason you think that the writing in Skyrim lacked creativity was because you didn't understand what they were trying to explain? It happens sometimes in games. Also did you play the English version.. maybe the NZ version lacks the depth and eloquence of the English version. Think about it...its possible .... :wacko:

I haven't played Skyrim. I don't much like Bethesda games or Bethesda/ Zenimax as companies- plus I almost certainly wouldn't like it and thus won't bother playing just to be able to criticise it properly. I don't think I've ever said anything against Skyrim itself though.

I remember being surprised at encountering a Kiwi in FO:NV. One of the Great Khans, I believe, don't often hear the accent in games (or more generally, in media other than the Hercules/Xena TV shows).

And Spartacus- then they went and made Crixus Manu Bennett an Australian in Arrow. On the other hand, Craig Parker (Haldir in the LOTR films, Darken Rahl in Legend of the Seeker, Glaber in Spartacus) seems to narrate every other documentary of the past ten years wherever they're sourced from. Alan Dale was Miranda's father in ME3, that's about the only NZer doing game vo I can think of apart from some stuff Temuera Morrison did for Star Wars, but since he was playing his movie character(s) I'm not sure that counts.

Zor maybe the reason you think that the writing in Skyrim lacked creativity was because you didn't understand what they were trying to explain? It happens sometimes in games. Also did you play the English version.. maybe the NZ version lacks the depth and eloquence of the English version. Think about it...its possible .... :wacko:

I haven't played Skyrim. I don't much like Bethesda games or Bethesda/ Zenimax as companies- plus I almost certainly wouldn't like it and thus won't bother playing just to be able to criticise it properly. I don't think I've ever said anything against Skyrim itself though.

Oh okay, my bad. I misunderstood you :blush:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I've decided that I'm going to play Deus Ex  (the first one) now, its one of the games on my Steam list that has untouched for a while. I'm excited...I know its one of the classics :dancing:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

A movie can have spectacle or a game gameplay that makes the good/bad writing irrelevant if the other aspect is appealing.

The pro-Michael Bay argument, in a nutshell.

If you enjoy it for some reason, I'm not sure it matters if others aren't as high quality as you might like. This applies whether its a noisy summer blockbuster or late December emo Oscar bait.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I forgot how dreadful some of the sections in Witcher 2 are. "Follow in my footsteps" or get instakilled, forced stealth, playing as random fat undead soldiers.

Witcher 3 better be awesome and importing saves leading to more than two lines from a few NPCs and an extra entry in the journal.

• Like 2

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I wonder why everyone wants importing saves so hard. Me personally, I couldn't care less about it, especially because such a feature will never have big impact on the game.

• Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I forgot how dreadful some of the sections in Witcher 2 are. "Follow in my footsteps" or get instakilled, forced stealth, playing as random fat undead soldiers.

Witcher 3 better be awesome and importing saves leading to more than two lines from a few NPCs and an extra entry in the journal.

If you hate Witcher so much, why even bother with the next game? Just so your complaints about the series can be up-to-date?

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

One must play the game to know how much it sucks.  Why else do I play FIFA.

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

If you hate Witcher so much, why even bother with the next game? Just so your complaints about the series can be up-to-date?

Haha I never got that either.

"I hate this series so much that I absolutely HAVE to play the new game just to have something to complain about.  I hope they never make another game! ... but I'll buy it if they do."

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Well, the physics cheating the AI pulls does feel like they're screwing you.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

One must play the game to know how much it sucks.  Why else do I play FIFA.

FIFA-14-glitch.gif

I see EA has expanded BioWare's gay romance option to even their sports titles now.

• Like 5

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I was trying to play Medieval 2, but it looks like something's gone wrong with Steam's build of the game in the past few days, because I can't start up the game suddenly and others have been reporting the same problem...the .exes just don't do anything, haha. Even tried doing a complete reinstall...neh.

Some indie game called 10,000,000 that a friend gave to me because it was on sale for like $1 on Steam, and he enjoys making me play games I don't want to and/or suffer in general.  :p It's actually not as bad as I thought it'd be, for what is essentially a Bejewlwed-RPG hybrid...

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I wonder why everyone wants importing saves so hard. Me personally, I couldn't care less about it, especially because such a feature will never have big impact on the game.

I actually hate imports. The idea that I need to keep my saves is burdensome to me. I hate that to see content in Mass effect 2 or Dragon Age 2, I need to do replays of the original games in ways I'm not really interested in.

I'd much rather games be self-contained and vague about references to past events. Choices should pay off in the games they were made in.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I actually hate imports. The idea that I need to keep my saves is burdensome to me. I hate that to see content in Mass effect 2 or Dragon Age 2, I need to do replays of the original games in ways I'm not really interested in.

But you don't need to do replays or keep your saves.  The internet will provide you with savegames with every conceivable combination of important choices.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The internet will provide you with savegames with every conceivable combination of important choices.

They really don't.

So one time I grabbed a Mass Effect 1 save from MassEffectsaves.com. It had all the the major choices I wanted, true. He even had not picked a romance, which was a rare thing indeed. But his name was Vulcan, he was a soldier, and he was a survivor, when I really wanted Spacer.

And that's as close as it got.

But it's lucky that I played on PC. Because console gamers don't even get that opportunity.

Did you look into the save editor ? Been a while, but I think you could change the background.

Sorting through third party websites and save editors don't really seem to contest the idea that dealing with all of this is a burden. Though I'd agree it helps lighten the load.

Finished Witcher 2 on Roche path - bro ending & Roche path - waifu ending. It seems a couple of new quests were added courtesy of enhanced edition, so spending those hours downloading 10 gigs was worth it.

Now to play Iorveth path.

But as of now I'm not sure what save I'll import into Witcher 3. Roche bro ending leaves a very bad aftertaste, hopefully Iorveth path will be more uplifting.

• Like 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Finished Witcher 2 on Roche path - bro ending & Roche path - waifu ending. It seems a couple of new quests were added courtesy of enhanced edition, so spending those hours downloading 10 gigs was worth it.

Now to play Iorveth path.

But as of now I'm not sure what save I'll import into Witcher 3. Roche bro ending leaves a very bad aftertaste, hopefully Iorveth path will be more uplifting.

The Iorveth path is my "canon" path.  It has a more fun Act 2 also.

Edit:  My "canon" path:  

TW1: Scoiatel, Adda lives

TW2: Iorveth, spare Aryan LaValette, spare Saskia, spare Letho.

I'm probably being far too lenient sparing all these people.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I activated the Archimedes laser for the first time last night, I'm going NCR (second time) but I'm being a bit more mercenary to avoid making the same decisions as last time, I tend to put myself in the role with RPGs and it leads to me basically playing the same game over and over  :getlost:

I've noticed NCR related quests quite often give you a sabotage option, it makes the idea of a Legion character more appealing...

Haha, I tend to have my archetypes that I prefer too.  I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people do.

My problem with the Legion is that I find it so impossible to reasonably motivate my character to join with them.  I think they are a bit too extreme.

• Like 1