What are you playing now?

Pidesco

Picked up Diablo III for the XBox 360.  So far, I'm not understanding the Diablo hype.  It's like Dungeon Siege III, but with worse graphics and combat.

I guess I feel a little differently, mainly due to the lack of a good aprg loot game on the console.  Before this, for me, there was really Dungeon Hunter : Alliance, which was a IOS port, so this has been good and it seems like they've taken a lot of suggestions from the pc community and added some stuff such as a better loot system and paragon across the board.  I think the polish on this game and entertainment factor are above those similar in genre, including Dungeon Siege.

Rome 2

Wish I could too, but the game just isn't starting anymore. It was running ok-ish till yesterday evening, then after clicking play in the launcher the last time... Nothing happened anymore. Now I've validated the game cache, deleted all files, downloaded it again, checked driver updates, etc. etc. but I simply can't get it to launch anymore.

Oh well. At least the ArmA3 dev branch updated worked great.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Finished the prologue for Rome 2. The UI and campaign mechanics are different from the previous games -looks like I have to learn and familiarize myself with this more. Like all previous TW games... A little buggy at launch but nothing a few patches won't cure. Apparently CA will be releasing weekly patches for the next few weeks too.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Tried Sleeping Dogs. Maybe it was because I played SR3 before that, but it just felt... super lacking. :(

Also it's quite silly the 'full pack' I got launches you to lvl 8 with 500k money right at the start... *sigh*

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

..and there ends my Misery 2.02 playthrough. The game crashed while I was in a shootout somewhere. I tried to reload the latest save, but it crashes before even entering the game. So I tried my next newest save (which is annoying in and of itself) and it, too, crashes before even launching into the game. The third latest save is an auto-save three hours back. No thanks.

This experience has reminded my why I hate mods and never, ever use them.

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

im about 3 hours into The Last of Us

so far the atmosphere is impeccable, but the main character moves with the agility of a treadless tank.  its kind of distracting, hopefully i get used to it.  luckily the pace of the combat in the first few chapters is very very methodical and slow, so being so lumbering hasnt been as much of a hindrance as it seemed it would be.

also a bit strange, the main character walks like his feet are made of lead, and yet he can sneak past people in broad daylight just by crouching.  like a magically stealthy cat who just had it's 20th birthday and suffers from terrible arthritis

definitely a "game" thats really more of a movie than anything else.  but at least its a good movie

4 more hours into The Last of Us

new thoughts:  the game feels very much like a survival horror game, but with sneaking.  I'm getting used to moving so slowly, and when i stopped thinking of the game as "from the makers of uncharted" and started thinking of it like a continuation of the style of game found in classic survival horror like silent hill 1-2 or resident evil (without the puzzles!) it all started clicking a bit more for me.

i'm 7 hours in, and guessing im not quite halfway done, but the game thankfully opens up a little bit in terms of exploration and level design after the first few extremely linear levels.  I hope the trend continues into bigger and bigger levels as the game progresses but it remains to be seen.

im not quite ready to gush about the game yet, the linearity and sluggish controls put me off early on, though slowly the game is winning me over.

and finally, i must re-iterate:  the atmosphere is exceptional, I haven't been this convinced by a video game world in a very long time. it often reminds me of how i felt playing half life 2 when it was released (in terms of the game world, not the game play).

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Rome 2.

Not exactly a fan of the new politics system. Doesn't feel very involved overall. Basically you're looking at "You control your faction for all intents and purposes, but certain characters should be more important to you!".

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Got my pig companion, pig mount, water balloon gun thingie, enough Sunite pants and headgear and 1 of the mounts for all my alts...will soon have my boar mount for my main too, + Sunite Garb.

...takes my lvl 60 DC 30 minutes to get 400-500 petals via picking flowers, which I do once or twice a day. Still too much grind. If I want more pig companions or shirts I'll spend AD. They'll get cheaper...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Running around in Diablo III with a templar companion.  My demon hunter's rapid fire special attack is ridiculously strong.  It's like a machine gun that cuts through swarms of enemies like they're made of paper.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Finished off the Myth series, the third game is definitely a different creature and to my mind destroys a lot of the great ambiguity that the first two games thrived on. That said I thought the plotting was brilliant in many respects, and it was extremely satisfying to finally have an identity for the head.

This gameplay is really what I was expecting when I first heard that Dawn of War 2 was going down a similar path, with a small squad rather than the large scale skirmishes of the first game, pity it didn't really.

Must say I thought the Black Company comparisons were not particularly striking, they were rather different in many respects.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Finished off the Myth series, the third game is definitely a different creature and to my mind destroys a lot of the great ambiguity that the first two games thrived on. That said I thought the plotting was brilliant in many respects, and it was extremely satisfying to finally have an identity for the head.

This gameplay is really what I was expecting when I first heard that Dawn of War 2 was going down a similar path, with a small squad rather than the large scale skirmishes of the first game, pity it didn't really.

Must say I thought the Black Company comparisons were not particularly striking, they were rather different in many respects.

The Black Company stuff is only for the first two games and the Books of the North. Past that it becomes a whole different creature (what with magical troll people and Croaker being the boss of fantasy-India).

• Like 1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

myth imo never felt like a straight ripoff of black company, just that the writers must have been inspired by it in terms of tone and atmosphere

• Like 1

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Was playing Defiance. The DLC added some new weapons (charge blades) which can only be bought at a specificfaction vendor for excorbitant prices. The best one costs 500k. I have been playing since around May and had to farm the last 100k to afford it. I have been pondering since yesterday whether I should now spend all my hard earned cash on the blade and then be broke. Today I decided once more to step away and think about it before clicking the buy button. While I was stepping away, Defiance had maintenance. When I came back three hours later, an unanounced patch was added which made some sneaky changes: it reduced the prices at this specific vendor.

The rare blade I was considering buying and hadn't, instead of 500k, now costs ... 15k... people who had bought it more than a couple of hours ago are furious - obviously.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Gothic 3. I figured I'd give it a shot, since it was just lying there in my library. Similar lol combat as found in Risen 2 - he who doth stun lock first, shall prevail. Good lord. It has good scenery though and it is best in the series, I think.

And it feels more like a TES game, if I had to describe it with anything. 

Edited by Inyourprime
  • Like 1

Gothic 3. I figured I'd give it a shot, since it was just lying there in my library. Similar lol combat as found in Risen 2 - he who doth stun lock first, shall prevail. Good lord. It has good scenery though and it is best in the series, I think.

Gothic 3 was not finished when it was released. They did however finish it later with the help of the community.

Gothic 3 Community Patch 1.75: http://www.madvulture.de/wp/media

Don't play it without the patch.

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Gothic 3 was not finished when it was released. They did however finish it later with the help of the community.

I'll do that and thanks for the link. Heh. So all the Gothic games needed a community patch -- no Gothic 4, I doubt the community bothered to work on a patch for you. PB sure did learn with the Risen series, that's for sure. Stable right out of the box.

Was playing Defiance. The DLC added some new weapons (charge blades) which can only be bought at a specificfaction vendor for excorbitant prices. The best one costs 500k. I have been playing since around May and had to farm the last 100k to afford it. I have been pondering since yesterday whether I should now spend all my hard earned cash on the blade and then be broke. Today I decided once more to step away and think about it before clicking the buy button. While I was stepping away, Defiance had maintenance. When I came back three hours later, an unanounced patch was added which made some sneaky changes: it reduced the prices at this specific vendor.

The rare blade I was considering buying and hadn't, instead of 500k, now costs ... 15k... people who had bought it more than a couple of hours ago are furious - obviously.

Trion doesn't seem to think things through very well.  They seem to just make random changes without thinking about the reaction/consequences of those changes.  Is this the first game they've ever worked on?  They seem to be making quite a few "newb" mistakes.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I enjoyed Gothic 3 but I second the view that the community patch is a must :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I heard that the G3 community patch is full with ****ty fetch quests.

For me, nothing beats Gothic 1. After that is G2 with addon. I'd love to replay them again, now that I am thinking about it. Never played more of Gothic 3 than the demo. It killed all my interest in this title forever.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I liked Gothic 2 the most.
What's funny is that I liked Gothic 3 for the most part, but some little and not-so-little things just irked me so much I lost the will to paly it. :lol:

The end(?) of Lee's subplot, the silly paladin armors after G2's gorgeous full plates, the You Won't Get A Single Hint quests, the one man sieges against orc cities...

Still, I did enjoy it most of the time.

I heard that the G3 community patch is full with ****ty fetch quests.

Not the community patch, that fixes bugs, puts in better AI, and adds graphical options.  The quest packet and content mods add quests.  Yes, a good number of them are fetch quests.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Running around in Diablo III with a templar companion.  My demon hunter's rapid fire special attack is ridiculously strong.  It's like a machine gun that cuts through swarms of enemies like they're made of paper.

I love my DH. Ive gone full crit stacking and with Sharpshooter fully charged I sit at 504k dps, with frequent crits over 1M. For maximum lulz, look into the Cluster Arrow with the Loaded for Bear skill rune.