What are you playing now?

Pidesco

Out of mild curiosity, has anyone tried Fallen Earth before? A post-apoc mmo/mmp sounds kinda cool...altho it sounds a bit time consuming. Maybe there's a better online post-apoc game out there. 

I did not like it.

It seemed rather ambitious, but the gameplay was such that I could not play it.

Mind you that was a long time ago.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Out of mild curiosity, has anyone tried Fallen Earth before? A post-apoc mmo/mmp sounds kinda cool...altho it sounds a bit time consuming. Maybe there's a better online post-apoc game out there. 

I did not like it.

It seemed rather ambitious, but the gameplay was such that I could not play it.

Mind you that was a long time ago.

It did look a bit crude ... and I don't mean the graphics, but controls/combat perhaps. The crafting aspect, with the farms or something, sounded kinda interesting tho.

Any other (not fps) post-apoc games out there these days? Most seem to be zombie games. Why is it always zombies...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Finally made my way to San Francisco in Defiance's main story.

What I'm finding is the game has massive balance issues.  For instance, I've yet to have trouble with a single "end boss".  Yet friggin' "grunt" raiders seem to take my shields down so easily after a couple of shots that I find myself having to retreat from them and recharging.  It's just silly that a random raider that I stumble across while walking around the countryside is more of a threat to me than the main boss I face at the end of a chapter.

That is because enemies never miss. Only explosives you can actively dodge can miss: grenades, rockets etc. Thus while boses can have amazingly powerful abilities, as you can dodge them if you learn the tells, you can beat them (I find the Volge Visceras are the worst. It is very easy to get the timing wrong when dodging their charge attack...). A raider with an SMG though can't be dodged and as the rate of fire is very high and the reload time is low, he'll chew through your shield and stop it from recharging and your health from regening.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

It did look a bit crude ... and I don't mean the graphics, but controls/combat perhaps. The crafting aspect, with the farms or something, sounded kinda interesting tho.

Any other (not fps) post-apoc games out there these days? Most seem to be zombie games. Why is it always zombies...

I'm waiting for Forsaken Fortress

Then of course there is Primordia ;) Though I doubt that is your type of game.

And as people have proven, you can always turn a game of Civilization into an atomic wasteland :p

Finally made my way to San Francisco in Defiance's main story.

What I'm finding is the game has massive balance issues.  For instance, I've yet to have trouble with a single "end boss".  Yet friggin' "grunt" raiders seem to take my shields down so easily after a couple of shots that I find myself having to retreat from them and recharging.  It's just silly that a random raider that I stumble across while walking around the countryside is more of a threat to me than the main boss I face at the end of a chapter.

That is because enemies never miss. Only explosives you can actively dodge can miss: grenades, rockets etc. Thus while boses can have amazingly powerful abilities, as you can dodge them if you learn the tells, you can beat them (I find the Volge Visceras are the worst. It is very easy to get the timing wrong when dodging their charge attack...). A raider with an SMG though can't be dodged and as the rate of fire is very high and the reload time is low, he'll chew through your shield and stop it from recharging and your health from regening.

Speaking of the Volge, they're overdoing it recently with the Volge spawns.  The last couple of days I've been playing, there's a Volge party literally scattered every 100 km.  Worst of all, they're always spawned/camped right where the side mission starter points are, so I can't even start a side mission without a bunch of Volge running after me.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Ooo, that one does look interesting. *bookmarked as a reminder*

...and in other news, I just realized (or just remembered, I'm not sure which, due to that brain cell atrophy) that Torchlight2's editor thingie is available now. I may have to revisit that game sometime soon. Never did quite finish, but I did like it. Mods may reinvigorate my interest.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Speaking of the Volge, they're overdoing it recently with the Volge spawns.  The last couple of days I've been playing, there's a Volge party literally scattered every 100 km.  Worst of all, they're always spawned/camped right where the side mission starter points are, so I can't even start a side mission without a bunch of Volge running after me.

They are just building up for the sieges comming with the DLC. I think in a month they'll dial them back down again.

Ooo, that one does look interesting. *bookmarked as a reminder*

If you find it interesting feel free to upvote on greenlight ;)

I'll eventually get into beta, so I'll let you know what I think (once I get in and once it will be ok to say things obviously ;) )

Still playing Legends of Dawn.  After you get used to the awkward controls, they're not that bad, and there's an almost halfway decent game underneath all those faceplam inducing design decisions.  The open world is fairly large, I appreciate the no hand holding approach with quest targets not being clearly marked or even looking different or standing out, and the fact that you can wander into territories where you have no business being at a low level and get promptly brutally slaughtered for your stupidity.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

This is my third map for my Shadowrun Returns project. You can probably guess that I dissected the secret lab. The current plan is to have this be the base of operations for most acts. It's actually the home of the PC's partner. Where I made a 3 story luxury home for the PC with a basement tech lab, for the partner it's all tech lab. The design is meant to be expansible in case I need to use it for something else later, like a combat area. I'm thinking the empty entry area can be made to look more interesting by turning it into a cargo receiving area.

I've decided upon some design rules. 3 2x2 tiles or 6 blocks is minimum for a travel area. 8-10 blocks is the general for an action area. The game tends to reserve one block near walls, so 6 blocks drops to 4 with both sides.

After this, I plan on doing my first area that will only get used once!

workshipWIP.JPG

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

This is my third map for my Shadowrun Returns project. You can probably guess that I dissected the secret lab. The current plan is to have this be the base of operations for most acts. It's actually the home of the PC's partner. Where I made a 3 story luxury home for the PC with a basement tech lab, for the partner it's all tech lab. The design is meant to be expansible in case I need to use it for something else later, like a combat area. I'm thinking the empty entry area can be made to look more interesting by turning it into a cargo receiving area.

I've decided upon some design rules. 3 2x2 tiles or 6 blocks is minimum for a travel area. 8-10 blocks is the general for an action area. The game tends to reserve one block near walls, so 6 blocks drops to 4 with both sides.

After this, I plan on doing my first area that will only get used once!

Very nice. Is the editor pretty intuitive? I'm going to take a crack at a module when Berlin gets released.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Intuitive at the most basic level, no.

Intuitive if you've played around with other editors to an advanced degree, yes.

This is a whole new editor with a whole list of weird quirks. Those props and walls aren't actual 3D objects. They're 2D images every last one of them. And rotating is really just going through a sequence of related images or mirrors. The biggest quirk, however, is that placing props near the seams of two wall tiles is wacky. It really doesn't like that, so you have to place the prop in the middle of the tile or finesse it with alt+keypad to get it where they're not clipping.

And by "intuitive if you've played around with other editors" I mean "you know well enough to view the tutorials and reverse engineer the existing maps."

You also need to be somewhat familiar with scripting logic.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

My main character in SWTor is making a determined run for the endgame. Now level 53, approaching level 54 fast. Grinded out two tauntauns. Emailed them to other characters. Now doing GSI missions. A nice change of pace, at least the binocular missions. For once just explore and find stuff instead of grinding enemies that can't hurt me, yet takes 20 minutes each to die (without giving anything worthwhile in return).

Also got a quest to find some dreadseeds, but it gets rather messy because I haven't actually progressed the story that far yet where it makes sense (currently on Belsavis, checking up on the dread lords).

Edit: and a quest to visit Makeb, Section X and some other places. Trying to focus just on the story and bounty stuff at the moment.

Edit2: Bloody hell, those space combat missions are hard. 5 tries, not completed a single one successfully :blush:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

So much for a nice relaxing Sunday of gaming. After a routine restart, Windows is acting up, popping up error dialogs everywhere. The file checker reports errors it can't correct, and chkdsk threw up thousands of errors. Trying a repair install now, but fearing my old 2009-vintage SSD might be at fault here. I have a second, newer SSD in the system I could use, but I'd rather keep it as a games drive and just buy a new system drive if it's indeed the fault.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

@ Gorth;

The dreadseed is a completely seperate sideplot, not connected to any other plotline in the game. So if it doesn't make sense now, it still wont do proceeding further down the game XD.

Space combat is only hard if you don't know what to do. The heroics really require you to pop the 'immunity' power up and EMP at very specific times. Once you know those times, it becomes a breeze. And rather boring, since there's really no leniety there. Just having to do those very specific actions each time again :/

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Finished the first Dishonored DLC The Knife of Dunwall. I like the game once you turn off all the little helpers and markers, but Arkane really has to improve their narrative. Now preloading The Bureau: XCom Declassified.

Guest Slinky

Finished the first Dishonored DLC The Knife of Dunwall. I like the game once you turn off all the little helpers and markers, but Arkane really has to improve their narrative. Now preloading The Bureau: XCom Declassified.

Are the DLC worth getting? I agree completely about the narrative, but at least the gameplay is fun.

@ Gorth;

The dreadseed is a completely seperate sideplot, not connected to any other plotline in the game. So if it doesn't make sense now, it still wont do proceeding further down the game XD.

Space combat is only hard if you don't know what to do. The heroics really require you to pop the 'immunity' power up and EMP at very specific times. Once you know those times, it becomes a breeze. And rather boring, since there's really no leniety there. Just having to do those very specific actions each time again :/

Well, I didn't really pursue the dreadseed plot (yet), just in case there was an overlap. I noticed a number of references in the "high level" stuff referring to things as if I had already been somewhere or done something on certain planets (it specifically mentioned a prison break on Belsavis which hasn't happened yet in my story line). Thought it safer to ignore it and just continue the main Bounty Hunter story until finished. Yeah, I suspect the heroic space combat is all about trial and error and work out what the one and only working sequence of actions are. Not my favourite type of game :(

Handed over a few handful of solved henchmen tokens and bought 3 kingpin contracts. Just to play it safe, the character purchasing it picked something 5 levels below his current level. Surprise... not only does the quest claim to be for his current level (so much for offering a choice) and it claims to be a group quest (no mention of how many people are required, i.e. 2+ or 4+). Not only that, it says in the quest log my level 33 guy needs his macro binoculars and seeker droids to locate the kingpin... wth? =]

I think I'll just go visit the planet and see if it's an error in the description or if there is no point in doing it for levels below 50.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Are the DLC worth getting? I agree completely about the narrative, but at least the gameplay is fun.

I can't say anything about the second DLC, The Brigmore Witches, yet, but both DLC will offer six additional missions. You play as Daud and the story takes place during the events of the original game. The level quality in The Knife of Dunwall varies a lot. I really liked the first mission (great visuals and great atmosphere), but the second one was already weaker, except for exploring Timsh's estate. The final mission was a huge let down for me, because they reused a map from the original game. Overall it took 9 hours to finish the DLC, but please keep in mind that I'm playing with all the markers and helpers off.

Giving Firefall a try, seems like it might be fun, even if the NPCs are ADD-addled on the radio.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yeah, I suspect the heroic space combat is all about trial and error and work out what the one and only working sequence of actions are. Not my favourite type of game :(

Takes a few tries, but once you get a feel where to pop the power ups, you're pretty much 95% guaranteed to always win it next time.

no mention of how many people are required, i.e. 2+ or 4+

It's kinda like Ilum, variable. I've been able to solo them all so far, but lvl 51's/55's on Hutta/Ord Mantell, so that doesn't say much...

Not only that, it says in the quest log my level 33 guy needs his macro binoculars and seeker droids to locate the kingpin... wth? =]

The quest gives you a copy clone of the macro binos to finish the quest. And I've yet to see a need for seeker droids yet. So that's either an error, or on a different planet? I assume you get a clone copy too then for those not having them.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee