Movies You've Seen Recently

Tale

I don't think Robocop needed a remake...

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Looks like the Total Recall remake. Non-offensive but watchable.

Exactly.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Where the heck is Peter Weller?!?

It does look pretty decent, although I don't get the black suit.

From what I gather from the trailer, his classic suit is just slightly better than the 80s original, a little bulky, etc. The black suit is more "tactical" with his weapons in his arms instead of stored in his legs and such. And the Black... what do you expect when you ask Batman for colour scheme.

• Like 2
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The Devil's Brigade

Real rip-roaring war movie fodder. Big galoots! Kilts! Punching! A mountain full of gnazis! Not two, but ONE ginger moustache!

The only thing wrong with this movie is it came out in 1968. Probably the worst year possible to try and sell a movie about discipline and determination winning wars and being great.

Watch it.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Chasing Amy.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

The classic that was: Biggles - An Adventure in Time.

Peter Cushing's last film.

Plus an ending scene with an impeccably delivered line:  "Get us out of here before they realise you're NOT a God. You're JUST an American!"

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm perpetually behind on this thread so I've skipped some pages. I've watched The East, now that's a good movie about corporate espionage. And what a lead, wow that's acting. Strong cast, excellent script, I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't watched it. Watch it if you can.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

I've watched The East, now that's a good movie about corporate espionage.

holy ****, that's Brit Marling's new film! didn't know it was out already. and Skarsgard in there as well?!  :wowey: a must-see

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I've watched The East, now that's a good movie about corporate espionage.

holy ****, that's Brit Marling's new film! didn't know it was out already. and Skarsgard in there as well?!  :wowey: a must-see

yeah I loved her acting in Another Earth, I dare say she is even better here.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

she's a good actor, yeah. but I value her for her scripts. although, she uses the same themes in all her movies, they're still good movies. I'd say she and Shane Carruth are two of my most favorite independent filmmakers today

Walsingham said:

watched it. a bit underwhelming. 3.5 out of 5. very similar to The Sound of My Voice in the beginning, but then it just gets too predictable and optimistic. 

but it did turn me onto a movie by Robert Redford called The Company You Keep, and that one is very good. stellar cast, Redford is a great director, good story, good script. it's about a young journo who stumbles upon a story about a murder that happened 30 years ago. and unintentionally uncovers a conspiracy. Redford plays a fugitive on the run from the FBI accused of the same murder, trying to clear his name.

watching this movie's characters struggle with their circumstances is like watching dominoes tip over one another. and it has a happy ending.

Walsingham said:

The World's End.

It produced a fair few chuckles. It's Simon Pegg and Nick Frost work their magic, pulling in a few pop culture references and a damn good supporting cast. Plus, it has some amazingly well choreographed fight sequences when the bar fights break out with the aliens...

50/50 - I expected a bit more comedy. Seth Rogan is annoying until near the end. Other than that, an ok film.

Saw the trailer/s for the next Thor movie. It looks fun.

Also, this:

Looks like the Total Recall remake. Non-offensive but watchable.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Robocop is to Detroit what Rocky is to Philly ... and the tattered, bankrupt city (in real life) could use a morale boost. A new movie might help the tiniest bit. There was a successful Kickstarter for a statue of Robocop in the city.  

All Stop. On Screen.

Robocop is to Detroit what Rocky is to Philly ... and the tattered, bankrupt city (in real life) could use a morale boost. A new movie might help the tiniest bit. There was a successful Kickstarter for a statue of Robocop in the city.  

Because they do need an android that shoots evil CEOs.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Saw World War Z. It was okay. It was very rushed, it jumped from set piece to set piece. It was refreshing to see a zombie movie that actually shows the worldwide zombie apocalypse instead of being stuck in one location to conserve budget. You know, up until the last act where they got stuck in one location to conserve budget.

Watched a pair odd-couple-break-out-of-prison movies back-to-back; both bookends to the wonderful 80s. Weird how it works that way. The Stallone/Russell vehicle Tango and Cash, then the Pryor/Wilder collaboration Stir Crazy. Not the first time watching either, but the first time in a sufficiently long time as to make everything old new again. Both fun in that inimitable 80s way, but both also somewhat confused in the occasionally schizophrenic tone they try to take.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Watched...well lets see...

Penguin Pool Murder (1932) first film in the Hildegard Withers detective series.  Thought it was pretty fun if you like 1930s-40s funny mysteries.

Silent Hill: Revelation - a decent follow-up to the previous film.  Fairly gory.

Riddick - Riddick kills a bunch of stuff.  Plus some humor and monsters.

The Birds - Always an interesting film to watch; with so much attention given to Tippi Hedren its easy to forget how good Rod Taylor, Jessica Tandy, Suzanne Pleshette and Veronica Cartwright are.  The superimposition effects still look good.  Also this time around I saw two edits that I now wonder why Hitch edited that way...

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Cloud Atlas

At first it just seemed a jumbled mess, but as it went on and the editing started making sense and the story started to click together I enjoyed it more and more andby the end when everything had played out and all the connections made sense I had decided it was one of the best movies I have seen. Its really a beautiful piece of work.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Odd Thomas

An adaption of the Dean Koontz book, although I haven't read that yet to see how it compares. Quite a well done film to my eye though.

If you like those slightly kooky supernatural tinged thrillers it's definitely worth a watch.