Movies You've Seen Recently

Tale

If Jason Statham was in it, Drive would've been good.

Christina Hendricks looked terrible in that movie, too. Like an overweight Felicia Day.

I think my brain just pretended to forget who Christina Hendricks was, so I'd have to look at photos of her.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I watched

DAY OF THE ANIMALS (1977) - Christopher George and Michael Ansara lead a group of hikers (including Susan Day George, Leslie Nielson, Richard Jaekel, Ruth Roman, and Paul Mantee) into the mountains.  Unfortunately, a hole in the ozone layer triggers a viral outbreak driving animals and some people insane.  Animals attack in hordes and people begin to lose it.  Goofy fun Animal/Environmental 70s horror film with a great highlight where a crazed Nielson attacks a crazed bear during a thunderstorm.

DRAGON HUNTERS (aka Chasseurs de dragons) (2008), French movie based on a cartoon I've never seen, apparently.  Strange but fun in a fantasy all-ages cartoon kind of way.  Nice visual sense to the world that makes it unlike a lot of other cartoon fantasy films.

MURDER ON THE BLACKBOARD (1934), second in the Hildegarde Withers schoolteacher-detective series.  Amusing, like the first (Edna May Oliver and James Gleason had great comic timing with one another) but I thought the mystery to be rather thin in terms of hiding who did it.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Leslie Nielsen. Fighting a bear?

*beat*

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Yeah, that's it. :)

For context, Nielson's character had split with George's and Ansara's group and taken four campers with him to a ranger station - a mother and son and a boyfriend and girlfriend.  He ends up killing the boyfriend because he wants the girlfriend, attacks her, then the bear shows up...

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085859/

haven't watched it for near a decade, which is kinda odd as we is an unabashed burt lancaster fan. gonna have to get dvd-- doubt it has gotten a blu-ray treatment.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

The Breakfast Club.

Man did I love that movie when I was 17. And 20. And 25.
I haven't watched it in a very long time now and it was on Netflix. And while I still liked it, I don't think I love it anymore. :(

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The Richard Cheese version of The Sickness was the hilight of that movie. Zombie newborn with teeth, not so much.

• Like 2
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Now You See Me  - really enjoyed this one.   Great effects, good plot, good cast - well worth watching.   

The one I like about this.. is that all of the "how they did this" is explained by Morgan Freeman's character, but that's only how he thinks they did it. Apart from the very first trick he walks through, they never actually say how close he got to how they pulled off the various magic tricks. Which is how I don't worry so much over that silly big ass mirror / safe trick.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Drive Angry. At one point my wife simply got up and left ( :lol:) but I dug it.

I enjoyed the film a lot - I thought William Fichtner was all kinds of awesome.

Dare I ask what point she waked out during...?

watched Syrup.

what a waste of time. even my fav, Amber Heard, can't save it. I can't believe that script was adapted from a bestseller book. really tells what kind of people buy books today and how they choose what books to buy... it just couldn't be salvaged 

it tries to be witty, tries to be a satire on the whole marketing business world. but either I'm so far from marketing that I can't appreciate the humor/irony/sarcasm, or it's really ****e.

anyway, I'll use this opportunity to remind you all again of miss Heard's beauty:
amber-heard-brunette.jpg

(yes, I'm a fanboy)

Edited by sorophx
  • Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

She had enough during the scene where the Accountant saved him during the road block.

doesn't sound familiar, so we must have walked out earlier. we considered leaving 'bout 6 times before the gunfight-during-sex scene. dunno. am not sure why we thought kill bill camp were fun and drive angry camp were just stupid. kill bill struck us as being more... clever? 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Well this is one I'm planning on picking up next week, but it's interesting to see a layout for just how much Whedon likes to use that stable of friends for so much...

1377038_475456019219246_1434383446_n_zps

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."