Movies You've Seen Recently

Tale

Knuckleball!

...of course I had to watch it. Tim Wakefield, man, Tim. I wish they'd talked a bit more about mechanics of the pitch (just a little), but I loved seeing the famed knuckleballers together on a couch, yapping about their careers.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The Watch - Comedy about a neighborhood watch taking on aliens.  It was pretty funny, worth a watch.

Ugh. :p:lol:
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Bullock is solid, but her co star in that one is so overrated.  I tried watching her sitcom and I had to quit after a few epis b/c of her.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Watching "Storage 24," which is basically a sort of Alien set in a public storage unit facility or something. It's rather mediocre/average for it's type, but with some decent acting moments by a couple of the actors and a decent creature. But also some bad acting moments. :lol: Nothing special, but an ok late night Netflix watch.

Snow Beast, with John Schneider, on the other hand ... not even worth the Netflix time. I got a few laughs out of the bad abominable-snowman like monster, the whiny daughter, and John's craggy face, but I couldn't watch it all. John, you'll always be Bo Duke to me (he was a decent Mr. Kent, too).

Snow Beast, with John Schneider, on the other hand ... not even worth the Netflix time. I got a few laughs out of the bad abominable-snowman like monster, the whiny daughter, and John's craggy face, but I couldn't watch it all. John, you'll always be Bo Duke to me (he was a decent Mr. Kent, too).

I can't imagine Snow Beast (2011) can top 1977's Snowbeast - Bo Svenson, Clint Walker and Yvette Mimieux vs a killer sasquatch-esque monster at a ski resort in a TV movie written by Joseph Stefano (Psycho, The Outer Limits). :)

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

The Numbers Station - John Cusack looking tired as a CIA Black Ops guy protecting a girl who sends codes to agents.  It was a decent action flick, not very long.  There were some fairly nonsensical parts, but I enjoyed how they retraced the story of the team before them.

I was watching Cowboy Bebop: The Movie the other day, man I never get tired of this opening scene which is followed buy this other awesome scene! Though I personally prefer Japanese voice+English subs, it sounds more authentic that way. :)

Edited by Astiaks

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Argo **** yourself.

World War Z wasn't too bad.  Not quite the usual gore fest that you see in zombie movies, but it still seemed to build a little bit of tension here and there.

I'd watch it again, but not in the theaters.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Dark Knight Rises - once again, Batman is one of the least compelling characters in his own movie. I loved the young cop and  Not. Catwoman.  the most. 7.5/10

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

My problem with the Nolan Batman movies is Christian Bale wasn't a very good Batman. He has a narrow chin that makes him look terrible in the mask, and his Batman voice just sounds like he has a cold. After seeing Equilibrium I figured he'd be a great Batman, I was wrong. Also, Batman is borderline obsessed with "The Mission", so having him quit so easily... twice... bugged me.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

My problem with the Nolan Batman movies is Christian Bale wasn't a very good Batman. He has a narrow chin that makes him look terrible in the mask, and his Batman voice just sounds like he has a cold. After seeing Equilibrium I figured he'd be a great Batman, I was wrong. Also, Batman is borderline obsessed with "The Mission", so having him quit so easily... twice... bugged me.

I mostly take solace in knowing that this was a deliberate sabotage by Nolan so they wouldn't make him make a fourth one.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I thought Bale was good as Bruce Wayne, but not very good as Batman.  I also really think it was less Bales' fault and more how it was directed.  Thankfully the villains and other characters more than made up for it for me.  

Kevin Conroy from batman's animated adventures is the only one I can think of when I hear batman mentioned. Internal intone for the win!

-Secondarily, This is the end was hilarious, the wife and I loved it, highly recommend if anyone wants to see a fun funny movie and watch a lot of actors 'die' as 'themselves'.

• Like 1

Despicable Me.

Certainly a fair few wry smiles and half-giggles...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."