Gorth

Honestly, the all inclusives in Antigua are retardedly expensive. Then you have to eat there for the majority of the time.

My inlaws rented a duplex, so we just had to pay for our flights.

We're also scamming free wifi from the people upstairs.

But I must go, for I am in charge of burning the shrimp for our supper.

• Like 1

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Honestly, the all inclusives in Antigua are retardedly expensive. Then you have to eat there for the majority of the time.

My inlaws rented a duplex, so we just had to pay for our flights.

We're also scamming free wifi from the people upstairs.

But I must go, for I am in charge of burning the shrimp for our supper.

Sorry to change the subject and be  morbid but did you guys hear about the horrific rape that occurred to those Spanish tourists in Mexico, there must be nothing worse than going on an idyllic holiday and this happens

http://news.yahoo.com/mexico-authorities-seeking-masked-attackers-raped-6-spanish-065322666.html

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Woke up from weird frakking dreams about an ex. Now the whole day feels out of kilter somehow.....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Woke up from weird frakking dreams about an ex. Now the whole day feels out of kilter somehow.....

Know the feeling.

Though I woke up because I dreamed John Travolta had kidnapped me (among other people). He wasn't very good at the kidnapping thing, so I told him that if he was going to waste my time this way I'd just close my eyes and sleep 'til the kidnapping was over. That made me wake up...

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

As many of you may recall, I am an employee of the United States government.  I am working from home today, and I am this close to convincing myself that "playing Civilization" counts as "working from home," provided that I am playing as Washington. 

All this "statutory analysis" and "legislative history research" stuff pales in comparison to the importance of "defending America against Aztec invasion" and "researching Currency." 

• Like 6

Nice snow today, rather annoying that it's still going so my shoveling was of not much significance, but that'll be my fun activity tonight.  Which Civ are you playing ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Snow aaaaaaah. I have certain fondness of snow as its only snowed once in South Africa where I live and it wasn't really snow, more like sleet.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Reading about the LAPD situation is pretty wild, guy hunting down cops and their families.  Of course, cops shoot 3 innocent people due to being scared or something.  Hope none of you in LA is driving a grey car :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

^I read the guy's manifesto. If true, it will make one hell of a movie.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Is that the full manifesto, or the edited copy? I saw a couple of bits about how they'd edited out chunks of his pro-obama, anti-nra rhetoric or some such...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Snow sucks arse. Lived in midwest my whole life. Snow sucks, cold sucks, shovelling sucks, driving in it sucks, watching people who have lived here forever "relearn" how to drive in it every year sucks. My personal hell is snow covered. ;(

Is that the full manifesto, or the edited copy? I saw a couple of bits about how they'd edited out chunks of his pro-obama, anti-nra rhetoric or some such...

http://armedpatriots.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44&p=81#p81

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Snow, desert temps etc. are fun for a 2-3 day visit .. which is why it's nice to live 5-10 hour drive from such ... but I wouldn't want to live in it.

Not too much going on in my world. One of hubby's vans needs a new part and the neighbor's huge multitude of non-neutered tomcats are driving me crazy again (our house is a magnet for territorial spraying for some reason). Other than that...same ol' same ol. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Snow, desert temps etc. are fun for a 2-3 day visit .. which is why it's nice to live 5-10 hour drive from such ... but I wouldn't want to live in it.

I don't think I could live somewhere that does have 4 distinct seasons. Permanent 25C would be nice, but I think after a few months of that it would start to drive me crazy.

I haven't actually checked to see how much came down, but I think we got about a foot of snow today. We had nothing yesterday. It's finally stopped. Cleared four driveways with the snowblower for myself and a few neighbours. Will be interested to see how big the snowbank will be when the decide to come around and clear our street properly. Right now they've cleared the middle, but there is about 4 feet (width-wise, not height :p) on either side of the street.

Snow is awesome. Conversely, football is still on tomorrow. (Snow football is totally awesome until someone shoots and the ball hits you in the face, and you feel like you've been slapped by a female Barbarian.)

Yesterday I had a really productive day, I had to present to a  potential customer an overview of the primary  software product I support. So I created some slides that included marketing, technical and the methodology we use when implementing. This customer has about 140 branches throughout South Africa and southern Africa so there were some really good questions and discussions. Its always good when people ask relevant questions during a presentation because then you know they are actually thinking about the practicalities of what you want to sell them and they didn't just attend for the free lunch :)

John Milton 

Realized I forgot there even was an Arsenal game on today, and strangely don't care that much.  I guess my days as fan are ending :p

Nah, it's exciting to watch them.  Mostly midfield being asleep causes bad things for them, 1-0 to them today, so huzzah.  Now to clean.