Gorth

I've been sleeping on the recliner for most of the week to stay in an upright position (health issue, nearly over with). This has led me to discover that one of my (adopted as adults) cats likes to wake you up at 6am by paw-scratching/tussling with the top of your head. Cats aren't allowed in the bedroom here (allergy reasons) so I didn't discover this earlier. At any rate, this has made me glad that I tend to trim their claws with a claw clipper. :cat:

...and yesterday I napped, watched bad TV, napped, surfed the web from the recliner (cordless tech is awesome sometimes), napped, played a game for an hour, napped....you get the idea. Today will likely be more of the same. Maybe tomorrow I can finally get out and do something more interesting than being a slug with a cat for a hat.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Ah, I assumed he meant IE.

I'm taking care of my daughter who has the flu, and contemplating writing one of those choose your own adventure novel games.

I grew up on those, I remember the first time I picked one up with the red binding. I couldn't believe that their existed books where you could chose your own story. I then moved on to  the famous Fighting Fantasy books by Steve Jackson and Ian Livingston. Who remembers "The Warlock of Firetop Mountain"

A lot of them had great artwork.  I must have coerced my mom into getting almost all of them when I was a wee lad. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

If I never sit in this stupid recliner again, it will be too soon.

*bored*

Think I'll rent some pay per view movie. Must be something.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

*bored*

Hope you feel better and get up and about. Of course this is coming from an inert individual like myself :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Scheming to get a jam band going. We have a dude that used to perform Dream Theater live, a dude that used to perform, well, Korean stuff that sounds a bit like indie pop, and a dude who can barely play anything (me). Should be a recipe for glorious combustion.

Meanwhile, in the real world, in the office till 11 as usual. Oh, BG2 LP, how you call out to me.

Meanwhile, in the real world, in the office till 11 as usual. Oh, BG2 LP, how you call out to me.

Yes, you really need to get your priorities sorted out :-

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

*bored*

You should get a recliner thats designed and looks like a giant cats belly, imagine how cute that would be?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Yesterday I got a date this coming weekend with the most beautiful girl I've ever been involved with. Of course I'm more of a pick up girls at parties/bars type - so I actually have no idea what to do on a date.. Come on my Americans Bros, if Hollywood has taught me anything, you guys date all the time - what's a good date? (thinking about taking her to a theater show and then go dancing)

Fortune favors the bald.

Personal experience, a _first_ date that involves anything else than talking and drinking at a close proximity tends to fail. You don't succeed in building the necessary rapport, and beautiful women have a lot of options so are quick to move on :p.

Not sure how you've met each other, but I'd go to a swank lounge type bar, maybe grab sushi before hand, something along those lines.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Yesterday I got a date this coming weekend with the most beautiful girl I've ever been involved with. Of course I'm more of a pick up girls at parties/bars type - so I actually have no idea what to do on a date.. Come on my Americans Bros, if Hollywood has taught me anything, you guys date all the time - what's a good date? (thinking about taking her to a theater show and then go dancing)

My advice is take her somewhere where you feel comfortable but be realistic. For example don't take her to the theater if you don't like it because then you set a false expectation about what you really enjoy. I find a good restaurant where you can drink a little and get to know her always works :)

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Make sure wherever you take her is somewhere you can actually talk without having to scream over background noise... The theatre can work, but doesn't provide huge amounts of room for talking during whatever show is on, and likewise dancing tends to have lots of background noise (especially depending on what type of dancing and where you go). You need some place you can converse, and see what connections you can make and just what interests you all might have.

That and be calm and confident.

Heh, I remember hearing a thing about how beautiful women actually don't get hit on sensibly a lot because most guys will feel they are "out of their league" and as such don't bother. So when someone does, if they're half-way charming they're already ahead of the game...

• Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

And it never hurts to be flexible. When you meet, ask?

No point dragging her to the theatre if it turns out she isn't into that. Then again, the prospect of going to the theatre can be a good conversation in and by itself.

Edit: and don't take advice from Nep, remember he's a lawyer. He charges for advice given by word count ;)

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Thanks guys, good advice so far. I think I'll opt for the going seeing the theater early (I love the theather Bruce, so no worries it's totally honest :)) and then eat afterwards. Then depending on how we feel we might call it a night or go clubbing.

Heh, I remember hearing a thing about how beautiful women actually don't get hit on sensibly a lot because most guys will feel they are "out of their league" and as such don't bother. So when someone does, if they're half-way charming they're already ahead of the game...

That's exactly how I got the date.. I walked up to her in the street, said I thought she looked lost and beautiful, smiled, chatted a bit and got her number.. and so we made the date over the phone.

Fortune favors the bald.

Wow, amazed that worked, I'd end up listed as a sex offender if I said that to a girl on the street here :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Thanks

That's exactly how I got the date.. I walked up to her in the street, said I thought she looked lost and beautiful, smiled, chatted a bit and got her number.. and so we made the date over the phone.

Thats impressive, having the guts to do that and also actually getting it right is much harder to do than it sounds. You obviously come across as genuine and sincere. Nice one :)

Its funny but I met someone at a club on Saturday, she is is a chef and we going for waffles tomorrow night.

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

For the somewhat amusing anecdote, I was out at a restaurant with a group of mates and they'd all brought their assorted girlfriends..  But for some reason I was the only guy who was doing things like opening the door for the girls with us or pulling out the chairs to help them. Then at the end of the meal when we were sorting out the bill, I randomly turned the receipt into an origami crane and propped it on the bottle of wine...

The girls promptly had this talk about how if their bf's had acted the way I had, and then ended a date with a "charming gesture" such as the origami crane, they'd have probably gotten lucky that night. And I then had them quizzing me on why I didn't have any date along since I was behaving like that naturally rather then putting it on for their benefits.

Edited by Raithe
  • Like 1

For the somewhat amusing anecdote, I was out at a restaurant with a group of mates and they'd all brought their assorted girlfriends..  But for some reason I was the only guy who was doing things like opening the door for the girls with us or pulling out the chairs to help them. Then at the end of the meal when we were sorting out the bill, I randomly turned the receipt into an origami crane and propped it on the bottle of wine...

The girls promptly had this talk about how if their bf's had acted the way I had, and then ended a date with a "charming gesture" such as the origami crane, they'd have probably gotten lucky that night. And I then had them quizzing me on why I didn't have any date along since I was behaving like that naturally rather then putting it on for their benefits.

And of course you lied and told them "this is how I always behave"

I like the way you operate, I like the way you operate :)

• Like 1

John Milton 

And of course you lied and told them "this is how I always behave"

I like the way you operate, I like the way you operate :)

Hey that is the way I always behave. Except for the origami. I can't do origami cranes.

Though if I realy tried (and practiced at home a LOT) it would be more likely to turn into an origami teddy bear as I am not all that interested in cranes...

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Make sure wherever you take her is somewhere you can actually talk without having to scream over background noise... The theatre can work, but doesn't provide huge amounts of room for talking during whatever show is on, and likewise dancing tends to have lots of background noise (especially depending on what type of dancing and where you go). You need some place you can converse, and see what connections you can make and just what interests you all might have.

Yeah and no. In my experience beautiful women get hit on so much that with them, the ridiculous advice of "just be yourself" is actually sound. Most beautiful women could have whoever they want, so the best thing to do really is be relaxed and yourself and accept the fact that she will either choose you or somebody else; there is very little you can do.

I know a lot more people who'll just approach amazing-looking women since the cost/benefit ratio is so good. Could be cultural differences, could be me knowing too many arrogant **** and economists. :p

Raithe: one-upping your friends that way is a quick route into finding that you are no longer invited. ;) I know I get left out a lot, and have to tone it down myself.

Of course, cultural differences, again. Most women my age around here will get into a feminist tizzy over "old-fashioned manners", so helping a girl put her coat on is one of my key tests in whether I should spend more time with them. :p

Edited by Nepenthe
  • Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Yeah, it's not like it's planned to one-up them like that. It's just the way I act. I got hammered with the old school chivalry and politeness which a fair few lost when it was considered non-pc and anti-feminist.

As for the origami cranes.. If I'm not careful I tend to go on autopilot and make frogs.  And it was more just a doodling around while a couple of folks vigerously discussed their parts of the evenings bill. So again, not exactly a planned "hit". :shifty:

Bring flowers.  If you are in phone contact with her, find out what her favorite color is and bring flowers in that shade.  It is seriously the most important part of the date.  Also holding open doors and all that stuff Raithe said is great too.

But seriously, bring the dang flowers.

• Like 1