Gorth

I wonder why Rugby is not more popular in the US?

Because they think that Rugby should be played with 40 lbs of protective gear, and time outs every 5 minutes. So they call it American football.

"Rugby, how to explain it to an American? Hm. Well, it's kind of like american football, but it's played by real men, without padding."

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Nwo I kow tat I'm drnuk buyt sometimes I woonder if anywon ven cares about the and all that I do. I kepe tryniing to be hpellful but significant and somtimes I wonder fi all I do ammerts to anywon. I men I tive these orms, I reallu love tem but does anywon crae? Maybe I suold just quit tying so arhd.d niot tat it matters btu I fel not aprecated adn I try hard.d

leik wen I write fation or ogd posts noen cares. Save maggotheard. he's cool an osvfir too,an lepys tryin hadr tooo antrx860kows watsup yeahcool butnwo I go to bed cus imtired. Love you al!!11 Oh an Fiiforget uyo sorry buyt Ilove uyo too. teshe ar teh bet orms. I men tat!1

• Like 2

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

I wonder why Rugby is not more popular in the US?

Because they think that Rugby should be played with 40 lbs of protective gear, and time outs every 5 minutes. So they call it American football.

"Rugby, how to explain it to an American? Hm. Well, it's kind of like american football, but it's played by real men, without padding."

Not quite. Rugby has few head on tackles. In American football you have two huge guys colliding with each other at full speed from opposite directions. Most rugby tackles are from behind or at an angle and seldom at full out speed.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Ok, so my RV trip didn't quite go as well as expected.  We hit about 2,000 feet and encountered a heck of a snow storm.  We pulled off and bought chains, we only had about 20 miles to go to reach our park.  We put on the chains, but on the freeway one of them snapped off.  I pulled over on the shoulder, but from there I got stuck and started sliding towards the guard rail whenever I accelerated. We called the highway patrol and my insurance company, and they said it was going to take 4 hours to get to us because of all the accidents on the roads from the storm.  We were not in a good spot, someone could slide and hit us easily, so we were not happy.  

Thankfully a tow truck came by after about 30 minutes and pulled us out of the snow.  We were able to get off the freeway and wait out the storm.  Rather than pushing on, we headed back down the hill to a nearby park and now we are resting comfortably.  Phew!

Nwo I kow tat I'm drnuk buyt sometimes I woonder if anywon ven cares about the and all that I do. I kepe tryniing to be hpellful but significant and somtimes I wonder fi all I do ammerts to anywon. I men I tive these orms, I reallu love tem but does anywon crae? Maybe I suold just quit tying so arhd.d niot tat it matters btu I fel not aprecated adn I try hard.d

leik wen I write fation or ogd posts noen cares. Save maggotheard. he's cool an osvfir too,an lepys tryin hadr tooo antrx860kows watsup yeahcool butnwo I go to bed cus imtired. Love you al!!11 Oh an Fiiforget uyo sorry buyt Ilove uyo too. teshe ar teh bet orms. I men tat!1

What about me? I care about your posts, I always support your Design a Monster?

Give me some positive attention as well ????   :)

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Up betimes and on holiday.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Yes, I love you too, and the likes I get for my entries in design a monster are what I do it for. I'm sorry I forgot to mention you, but I was drunk. I especially appreciate your insightful posts in the Palestine thread, and I still think you should write a monster yourself. Now let's forget this ever happened. ;)

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Booze is bad, m'kay ?
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yes, I love you too, and the likes I get for my entries in design a monster are what I do it for. I'm sorry I forgot to mention you, but I was drunk. I especially appreciate your insightful posts in the Palestine thread, and I still think you should write a monster yourself. Now let's forget this ever happened. ;)

Thx JFSOCC, and I must add you do contribute loads of interesting forum discussions. So keep it up, you won't always get recognition or at times responses  but I guarantee you people appreciate it. So don't think its wasted because I can understand how it can feel like that for anyone :)

Booze is bad, m'kay ?

I would argue that alcohol allows us to say things at times that we normally wouldn't say. And sometimes these things need to be said. So its definitely not all bad even when we appear to be very inebriated.

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Meh, my experience dealing with drunks has been rampant idiocy or pathetic whining. They're fun to laugh at though, so there is that. Still, friends don't let friends surf drunk! :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Without even the joys of an evening before hand in getting drunk, I find I'm trying to deal with the day whilst a grinding headache surfs along with occasional bouts of the "stabby-sharp-behind-the-eyeballs" moments. >_<

• Like 3

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

yes, stop shouting :p

---

Hubby: "I'm closing in on 50..."
Me: "Does this mean we can buy that cool sports car now?"

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Beautiful post JFSOCC, no idea what you are saying except you love someone.. What is "Orms" as in "teshe ar teh bet orms."

Anyway, for the first time since the December I've had a chance to sit down - and truly relax.. Consequently, my sensation of time has been totally warped. The last 2 months feel like years due to all the new experiences, while the previous 3 years feel like weeks in comparison. Very interesting feeling.

Fortune favors the bald.

I must be missing out on why everyone hates Barcelona (although it's funny when United folk do it, heh). I do like how she peels that guy's arm off her.

Amazing how almost every single word was misspelled. I think the part you quoted says "these are the best ones".

beats me. forums, I think.

---

Hello, and welcome.

I was home because I'm ill. Spent a couple of hours playing Arcanum. When I play like this, I don't like to play them in short burst, wich unfortunately has been happening a lot lately. Today, when I finally could put in some time, I really got into the world.

Hi everyone,

Today I posted my first message. Love Obsidian games and looking forward to Project Eternity!

Welcome :)

You'll have a blast on these forums, and remember all the cool people hang around the Obsidian community area :)

John Milton