What are you playing now - the plays the thing

LadyCrimson

"Really Hurly, sometimes I think you would give money for a man who brakes in to your house and pisses on your cerials, because "he clearly went much trouble getting to my house and should be awarded"

Yeah, because BIO broke into your, forcefully installed KOTOR OL, and amde you play it. Come on. YOU chose to buy the game. YOu chose to play the game. YOU can choose to quit the game.

But, seriously, to compare a game company to a burglar who breaks into your house is abolsutely ridiculous.

Of course, but that shouldn't mean I don't have right to give my opinion. Would make this forum so very boring place if that would be so.

And I didn't mean that as a comparison between the two, just made a snark at Hurley.

Volourn is my new BFF :)

Currently I'm trying to finish up Assassin's Creed 2, I believe I'm at the end. I've got Altair's armor at least.

• Like 1

Never stopped playing Borderlands 2, now using TORGUE EXPLOSIVE WEAPONS IN PREPARATION FOR TOMORROW'S EXPLOSIVE DLC TO DROP.

Finally made my way to Denerim. Been mixing up my party formations a bit in order to unlock their personal sidequests. Thus far, only Zevran's doesn't seem to have triggered.

I've played through DA:O twice and didn't use Zevran at all in either playthrough, not even to do his personal quest. For whatever reason, I really really dislike him.

Because he's an unlikable donkey-faced douche. First run I brought him along, every other time I stabbed him in the neck with the magic instant permadeath knife but he magically came back to life for DA2. lolbioware

Edited by AGX-17

Speaking of TOR did get that familiar feeling when I was running around in WoW, spent an hour or so questing and didn't see a single PC :p My server's seen better days, I guess (that and I'm behind everyone on the levelling race :p)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

New Vegas, and Nehrim: At Fate's Edge. Nehrim has awesome atmosphere, it feels like an old fantasy cRPG.

I didn't liked most of Nehrim's quests. They were poorly done or stupid / the pacing was bad. The game world was good looking, though. But just the graphics didn't really saved the game for me. As a mod, it is quite good, though.

Oh yeah, the quests so far are really boring and poorly done with only one solution and no real consequences for choice that does exist.

Edited by Yes Man

"Well, there's many things they have forgotten sitting in their bowls. Friendship. The thrill of discovery. Love. Masturbation. The usual." -Dr. Mobius

Speaking of TOR did get that familiar feeling when I was running around in WoW, spent an hour or so questing and didn't see a single PC :p My server's seen better days, I guess (that and I'm behind everyone on the levelling race :p)

Man I still haven't seen an MMO that didn't feel exactly like every other MMO.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Wait, there's more than one MMO?

...seem to be in a "building" mood game wise. Fired up Roller Coaster Tycoon for 30 minutes and amused myself with building a few bizarre coasters.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yes, lets complain about the fact that a company is trying to make money off the game they spent hundreds of millions of dollars producing. :facepalm:

Honestly? They "wasted" most of it on VA. What makes it even worse is that IIRC every ...what do they call those? ...Data something.

Anyway, both in ME and DA about 80% of players skipped the voice over, if memory serves.

It's best to not make assumptions over how much money was spent on VA (or even the total budget of the project), nor make up numbers over how many people skip the voice overs in our other games.

Never tried EVE ? GW2 is a different feel from WoW, even Rift had that of sorts. TOR really could have lost VA for the non-class story and be no worse for wear. And the protocol droid could lose his voice as well. :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"every other time I stabbed him in the neck with the magic instant permadeath knife but he magically came back to life for DA2. lolbioware "

Welcome to BG2. :) Just BIO keeping up with 'ol skool tradition. :D

"It's best to not make assumptions over how much money was spent on VA (or even the total budget of the project), nor make up numbers over how many people skip the voice overs in our other games"

Wait... So, i heard wrong? KOTOR MMO didn't cost 1 billion dollars?!?

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Never tried EVE ? GW2 is a different feel from WoW, even Rift had that of sorts. TOR really could have lost VA for the non-class story and be no worse for wear. And the protocol droid could lose his voice as well. :p

I'm talking about the feeling that the game could play itself, but it needs me to grind its numbers the same way people need monkeys in a zoo. To see something swing on a tire for entertainment.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I'm not much of a fan of Zevran's either, but since I'm playing a mage and every party needs at least one rogue, he's the only other option unless I want to drag Leliana along all the time.

In an "ideal" play through, my party usually remains Alistair or Oghren acting as my tank, Leliana as my rogue, and Morrigan as my mage. Besides from anything else, that formation seems to have the most party banter as well. Shale's alright, and Sten's pretty good at combat. Wynne and Zevran are party members I only bring along if I go out of my way to try a different party combination.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I was just going to praise them for having that option to immediately kill him, until I saw that thing about DA2 bringing him back. I've taken that option twice out of the two times I've attempted a playthrough long enough to reach that point (though both playthroughs were terminated soon thereafter). I've also left Sten to rot in his cage every single playthrough. Despite the characters I was playing being vastly different every time, I feel none but a chaotic stupid character would have a good reason to take either of them.

DAO is a game I still openly dislike, but is one that still does illustrate the design about-turn that has happened since, where "because we don't want you to miss the cool stuff we made" is a good enough reason to invalidate your choices.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I always had a weak spot for Zevran in DA:O. Together with Sten and Dog he was my regular companion and team mate (I found those 3 to have the most interesting personalities). I suppose I think of Isabella in DA2 as his female counterpart.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Zevran being back is less of a "BioWare really wanted to bring him back" and more of a "Tell that Allan Schumacher guy he did a ****ty job and is a useless twit."

(i.e. it's a bug)

Is Leliana returning a bug too? :D

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The Leliana one is at least a conscious decision. Though IMO the only weight people have is if she happened to suffer from one of the deathblows in the game that cut off her head. So meme ended up becoming "I cut off her head and she still came back."

So what was originally rationalized as a "she wasn't actually killed" didn't have as much of a leg to stand on with those respects. It is interesting see the various lines in the sand people are (or are not) willing to cross with respect to player choice being carried over throughout games.

Some, for example, are perfectly okay with BioWare completely defining canon, with the exception of the Warden's romance. It'll ruin "their immersion" (an oft overused term I find increasingly meaningless) for THAT to be canon, but not other stuff (like, say, Alistair being killed).

• Like 1

I just figure we'll find out in DA3 that Leliana is Andraste and thus her being killed near Andraste's ashes ... well, space magic err... fantasy magic and voila, she's resurrected by her own ashes and thus, explanation for why she's back. :shifty:

Started playing a little bit Uncharted 3 alongside with Dragon Age: Origins and I must say, so far, uncharted 3 has been alot better than 2 and alot closer to U1.

I always had a weak spot for Zevran in DA:O. Together with Sten and Dog he was my regular companion and team mate (I found those 3 to have the most interesting personalities). I suppose I think of Isabella in DA2 as his female counterpart.

I personally prefer to have morrigan and liliana together in the party. Love it when they fight over me! :dancing:

Edited by Astiaks

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I just figure we'll find out in DA3 that Leliana is Andraste and thus her being killed near Andraste's ashes ... well, space magic err... fantasy magic and voila, she's resurrected by her own ashes and thus, explanation for why she's back. :shifty:

Well, at this point it'd probably be best to not come up with any strange explanation for why she is back and just ignore the fact that she can get decapitated in the first.

Well, at this point it'd probably be best to not come up with any strange explanation for why she is back and just ignore the fact that she can get decapitated in the first.

I still don't understand why anyone would want to kill her in the first place...

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

The amount of "I'd like to kill NPC [X]" threads that come up make me go "huh?"

I think some have this idea that if some party members can be killed, then ALL party members should be killable, and that if a party member annoys a person they feel justified in wanting to kill that character off in some way.

• Like 1

The amount of "I'd like to kill NPC [X]" threads that come up make me go "huh?"

I think some have this idea that if some party members can be killed, then ALL party members should be killable, and that if a party member annoys a person they feel justified in wanting to kill that character off in some way.

Most threads that come up make me go that way. People get... passionate.

Or maybe it's just because I'm not in the habit of starting any.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif