What you did today

Tale

Did brief stop in Helsinki airport before arriving in Copenhagen. Grey, cloudy and a constant drizzle. Only improvement during the morning was that the drizzle ceased and you could see the surround area. I wonder if the Finns live amongst those pine trees?...

Used to be a training ground for the army, there's a fairly significant off-limits area due to noise. Spent quite a few days in those woods, back in the days.

Not that there's much else than trees elsewhere, either.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Had the McDonalds corp officials evaluate our lunch and dinner crews. Dinner beat lunch by 2% (a 94 to 96), Breakfast is being examined tomorrow. I'm pleased because at this point it appears that our store is going to come out as the top in the state (we're fourth busiest, but have the best metrics out of the state). And I am a part of the dinner crew.

Also reading a very......... strange book. It's called Darkwar, by Glenn Cook. I still like his Black Company stuff better because the protagonists are more likable, but this is strange mainly because it starts out in a sort of Native American style (no tech, everyone lives in tribes and longhouses, there are hunts... yadda yadda yadda) and then just starts building the world. Every "Book" in the thing just expands the world and increases the tech (right now we're dealing with Nukes).

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Today is my first day back after a trip up to San Francisco to meet a dear Canadian friend I've known for about 12-14 years but never met until Tuesday. He's also a member here, but we didn't talk much about the Obsidian board and I never asked him about posting pics. For myself, having put on a hundred pounds over the last few years as I fought my own inner demons, I'm not all that excited about posting pics myself anyhow. ...But, having exorcised said demons, losing weight, and found a return to productivity, I'll have to get back into fighting trim and meet up again so I can post pics, assuming permission of course. As for my Canadian friend, he's a lean, mean, fighting machine. Definitely in good shape, and I was sure he could whup me, which is why I made sure to keep him liquored up the whole time. We hit wineries in Sonoma, Taverns in Mill Valley, and drained many bottles of wine at a retreat with his wife and several pastors from all around North America. Of course, we didn't want to be 'one note,' so we downed several pints of beer also.

The drive up the 5 continues to be brutal. I haven't traveled these last five or six years like I did in the past and yet this year I made two trips to Tahoe and one to San Francisco. It's the first time I've really felt my age sneaking up on me, to be honest, although I can still throw down the booze. My liver might be cryin' home to momma, but, after the last round, I'm still over the table without being passed out on it. :Cant's huge grin icon:

Anyhow, most of my days are filled with things that aren't really noteworthy here at Obsidz, but I thought it was interesting to meet another one of the members for a few days.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Adios and so long for a while everyone. I'm leaving tomorrow for a job in South Dakota and I'll be gone for a few months. The pay might not be as good as it was in Mexico but at least I don't have to worry about getting kidnapped or getting amoebic dysentery.

Plus on this job my dog can come with so that will be good. I'm down to just one now. All the old guys and gals have passed on now. It's sad and I miss them but they were all over fourteen and one made it to sixteen so I can't complain. The one left is only six so we've got a lot of time left. He's a Rhodesian Ridgeback mix with a little mastiff in there. Big boy but he's sweet as could be.

There is a great quote by Steve Allen, "Old men miss many dogs". That is so true.

Anyway I'll see you guys in the fall and if you live in the rural areas around Sioux Falls your days of relying on dial up are numbered!

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Hope it goes well for you Guard Dog, come back in one piece and let us know.

Finalising the lease for my new apartment in Philadelphia, all with the Agents From Retardo-Land who finally figured out how to hit the Reply button on their emails after 3 months and several polite phone calls. Now, of course, I have to figure out how a Personal Liability Insurance works in the US and all other kinds of silly hoopla.

You'd think they'd teach you this stuff somewhere.

Adios and so long for a while everyone. I'm leaving tomorrow for a job in South Dakota and I'll be gone for a few months. The pay might not be as good as it was in Mexico but at least I don't have to worry about getting kidnapped or getting amoebic dysentery.

Plus on this job my dog can come with so that will be good. I'm down to just one now. All the old guys and gals have passed on now. It's sad and I miss them but they were all over fourteen and one made it to sixteen so I can't complain. The one left is only six so we've got a lot of time left. He's a Rhodesian Ridgeback mix with a little mastiff in there. Big boy but he's sweet as could be.

There is a great quote by Steve Allen, "Old men miss many dogs". That is so true.

Anyway I'll see you guys in the fall and if you live in the rural areas around Sioux Falls your days of relying on dial up are numbered!

Fall. Pffffft. See you in the autumn old chap!

sonsofgygax.JPG

Would be ironic if Guard Dog did get kidnapped or something in SD, but good luck and safe travels to him even though he won't be reading this. Have my birthday today, nearing one of those milestone ages too when I realize I'm not young anymore, heh. But still, will have to have some fun today

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I might be getting a raise at work soon. (by soon, I mean it might have started today, but that's not confirmed)

It would have to start after I rack up a weekend of overtime.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Would be ironic if Guard Dog did get kidnapped or something in SD, but good luck and safe travels to him even though he won't be reading this. Have my birthday today, nearing one of those milestone ages too when I realize I'm not young anymore, heh. But still, will have to have some fun today

Just saw the Red Dawn trailer. Guard Dog will be upstate when the scary North Korean paratroopers land. He will dig a hole and drink heavily until they go home. xD

sonsofgygax.JPG

Just saw the Red Dawn trailer. Guard Dog will be upstate when the scary North Korean paratroopers land. He will dig a hole and drink heavily until they go home. xD

Sounds like a typical weekend.

We really need to save some of this material for when he gets back :)

• Like 1

I booked a flight for the missus and I tonight. Come February, we'll be frolicking on a beautiful white beach in the tropical climate of Antigua.

Is it February yet?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

That could just about be enough time to work off this pot belly I've been working on and evening out my golf tan.

edit: http://photos.igougo.com/pictures-photos-p280529-Jolly_Harbour_Villas.html

this is where we'll be staying, on one of the docks.

Edited by Kor Qel Droma
  • Like 1

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Hung out in Irvine, Cali ... finally met some of the OBS peeps! Pretty awesome to be associated with a gamehouse that is committed to nurturing a community ... in others words you/us!

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Last few nights haven't been able to get to sleep till going 4-5am. So kind of having a few off-days of not being quite so sharp and aware.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Last few nights haven't been able to get to sleep till going 4-5am. So kind of having a few off-days of not being quite so sharp and aware.

I've been having one of those I hate my life, my work and the people I work with episodes that has resulted in a lot of fairly late-night swtor. Along with a daily wakeup of 6am, this isn't exactly making me like the abovementioned things more.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

The fun of insomnia reducing th joys of the day, and then leaving you poking at a few half-healed emotional wounds in the silence of the night.. Joy.

And to further increase the fun, one of my harddrives has suddenly disapeared from Windows and Bios.. So I shall have to have a poke and see what's causing that and if the whole drive is trashed or what.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I've been having one of those I hate my life, my work and the people I work with episodes that has resulted in a lot of fairly late-night swtor. Along with a daily wakeup of 6am, this isn't exactly making me like the abovementioned things more.

Look on the bright side, you could be one of those people that hits the bottle during those episodes!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra