What you did today

Tale

Went for a 10k in -30 - first time in that amount of cold with the new pack member!

Are you by any chance a Husky? ;)

or a cubscout?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Went for a 10k in -30 - first time in that amount of cold with the new pack member!

Are you by any chance a Husky? ;)

or a cubscout?

Or a playing card.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The HH books really are a mixed bag. Before The Outcast Dead, my least favourite was probably Prospero Burns (mostly ruined by then last quarter of the story). On the other hand, chatting with store staff, I know my favourites aren't exactly universally popular either (Legion and Flight of the Eisenstein) ;)

Thought everyone loves Legion, those crafty AL boys are behind everything (soon we'll find out an AL operative posing as Horus Aximand lowers the shields to let the Big E on the Vengeful Spirit...) They are a mixed bag, to be honest, I liked a suggestion where they have silver and gold covers, the gold ones move the main plot of the Heresy along and the silver ones have the ancillary stuff like Lorgar's fall, or DA origins, etc.

Also Fionvar - hardcore.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Green Dragon everyone - I can only anthropomorphise one thing @ time :ermm:

:lol:

~~

I was up in London yesterday. Found a pretty good coffee bar in a church near the Tower of London, if you chaps are ever doing the tourist thing. Called 'Kitchen @ the tower', I think. Not fantastic, but ten times better than the tourist traps nearby.

After work (more on this later) I went out drinking with pals and a 'certain' young lady. None of us could work out if she's keen on me or just unfortunately over-enthusiastic body language. But more dates are afoot, so I guess I'll just have to fall in love with her and see what happens.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I've been planning my big summer RV trip. I think we've got it worked out. I'm going to head up to Tillmook, Oregon for a couple days and do the factory tour as well as enjoy their ice cream. Then we will head to Washington and take a Ferry across to Vancouver Island (with the RV, which will be neat.) We will psend a week on the island, a few days in Victoria and a few days further north near Nainamo. We will take another ferry across to Canada, and then start the long drive home, stopping in Salem for a couple days.

I'm pretty excited, it looks like about a 16 day trip. I'll start making the reservations in march, but I like to have a plan early.

That sounds awesome!

Very cool sounding trip Hurlie. I've always wanted to get up that way, it's the one part of the country I haven't seen yet.

I've spent the last few days sanding and sand blasting the body of the plymoth. Plus I ordered a new top and convertable motor. You can really see the progress now. I'm modifying the front for bucket seats and have decided not to install a back seat at all. Saves a few bucks, cuts the weight a little and opens up room for other things. Not sure what yet.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Not a good day. Two applications I've put in for workshops/conferences this summer have died. I have about 8-9 various things in the works for the next 6 months and I'm hoping half of them will live, but you never know. Based on my short life the rule seems to be that you'll never get quite as many things as you want.

Not a good day. Two applications I've put in for workshops/conferences this summer have died. I have about 8-9 various things in the works for the next 6 months and I'm hoping half of them will live, but you never know. Based on my short life the rule seems to be that you'll never get quite as many things as you want.

Well, when God closes a door he opens up a window....just to see if you jump off.

Maybe the Universe its trying to tell you to do something else with your summer holiday.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

IMO 1 in 10 is a good hit rate. Afraid 50% may be too optimistic.

-Elwood Blues

Note: that's in no way intended as a slight on you, Tigs. The best guy I've ever met at pitching projects only has a 20% success rate.

-Elwood Blues

No, I agree. 1 in 10 seems to be the way of the world, often enough. Maybe that just means I need to make more pitches. :lol:

Going bonkers trying to identify a song I heard in an ad, my sister luckily got a audio recording, but not a very good and long one. But going on that trying to feed this to programs to spot it, damn voice over messing it up too.

Audio clip is there. Now I camp the TV waiting for that ad to come back on, ahhh the ways I waste my time.

01_Memo_m4a.wav

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

For some reason the last couple of nights something keeps waking me up around 5 or 6am.. so about 3 or 4 hours after I got to sleep in the first place. One of these days I'm going to turn off my alarms, and ignore the family and just see how long I can stay in bed for the day... :)

Did manage to take a lazy monday with minimal work for my birthday, although having to spend a chunk of time dismantling the vacuum cleaner and repairing it didn't quite fall into the original plan. Got about 4 "electronic" happy birthdays, and a bottle of port from my gran. My immidiate family kind of dropped some loose cash on my computer desk and did the "well, I couldn't get a card for you, so here's some cash" :*

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Talking about Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy came up with a rather funny conversation with friends

"So he's trying to determine their...moleness"

"Moleness? So their...molarity?"

"Yes. he's Avogadro hunting moles"

"Would be better if it were set in a concentration camp"

"Yes, as they're making the final solution"

Other than that, customer is at sea today. Need something 5 days, when it needs about 30 or so to achieve safely.

For some reason the last couple of nights something keeps waking me up around 5 or 6am.. so about 3 or 4 hours after I got to sleep in the first place. One of these days I'm going to turn off my alarms, and ignore the family and just see how long I can stay in bed for the day... :p

Did manage to take a lazy monday with minimal work for my birthday, although having to spend a chunk of time dismantling the vacuum cleaner and repairing it didn't quite fall into the original plan. Got about 4 "electronic" happy birthdays, and a bottle of port from my gran. My immidiate family kind of dropped some loose cash on my computer desk and did the "well, I couldn't get a card for you, so here's some cash" ;)

HBD!

Cracking myself up with the fact that my new employer happily sends me to all the legal conferences all expenses paid - when I was at the university, I generally had to do them out of my own pocket, with a net salary of roughly 1/4 of what I get now. Only had one other person (also a lawyer) tell me that getting a degree in jurisprudence doesn't make me a real doctor. Good times.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

WTF!?

Happy Birthday, man! ;)

I think you mentioned this in advance, but I completely forgot. I'm going nuts with work at the moment. Had what I call an 'Indiana Jones' moment handing in a project just before deadline. Feel pretty guilty pulling crap like that at my age. :p Feel worse because I am now thinking about my age.

-Elwood Blues

Feel pretty guilty pulling crap like that at my age. :( Feel worse because I am now thinking about my age.

Heh, it's when you run into people you were at first and middle school with, and you see them married, carting 2.5 kids around, and putting shopping into a family wagon...

I can never tell whether that makes me feel too damn old, or as if I've never actually gotten around to growing up.... :shifty:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Feel pretty guilty pulling crap like that at my age. :( Feel worse because I am now thinking about my age.

Heh, it's when you run into people you were at first and middle school with, and you see them married, carting 2.5 kids around, and putting shopping into a family wagon...

I can never tell whether that makes me feel too damn old, or as if I've never actually gotten around to growing up.... :shifty:

I usually try to suppress a smug laugh over the fact that I didn't fall into the same trap, then I go back to my empty home and watch Family Guy :(

Happy Birthday Raithe.

Drink lots.

I can never tell whether that makes me feel too damn old, or as if I've never actually gotten around to growing up....

Strange when I've seen that I've always thought I dodged a bullet. That's not to say I don't want kids and a family, I do, it's just I've got plenty of time for that. *Gets hit by a car tomorrow

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

There's no denying that I'm getting broody. The troubel is that all the good women have got married by now. I'm hence gambling on Nepenthe's point about the second round after the divorces.

-Elwood Blues

sigh

friend who cheated on her bf a few weeks ago has now broken up with him

don't know if it's because she told him what happened, or if she's still trying to keep things secret

either way it was a stupid move on her part and she's ruined a good relationship because of it

i'm going to a party on saturday to see someone who's coming back from Canada after being there since March last year, then after that i'm going back into hermit mode

can't be bothered with people's dramas, and going to be picking up a lot more weekend shifts to try and get some more money together

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!