What you did today

Tale

Ear infection. This hurts far more than I think it should.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Car smog/registration.

I can't believe my car is 14 years old. Still low, low mileage, still runs great. But it's unlikely I'll ever buy a brand-new car again.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Submitted my taxes, pretty nice return that will all go towards paying off credit card debt. I can't wait until I'm done paying for day care.

Meanwhile, I will keep loving the fact that I can't submit my taxes before... May? and get the returns until early December. >_<

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Rather sucky day but had a rather amusing dream where I was in a gang fight with my Rogue Trader GM and friend, Liam Neeson and Robin Van Persie. The whole "WTF" nature of it did at least make me laugh enough upon waking to get out of bed early though.

You would just have to touch Van Persie and he'd be injured. Liam Nesson though, better to just run.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

I did catch an interesting article on Yoga from one of the big Yoga Instructor's in New York over how people aren't aware how much damage they can do to themselves with Yoga. Heh, he even pointed out how silly it can be that some renowned Yoga instructors have done so much damage to various joints they have hip replacements and teach their classes while laid out because they're unable to actually "lead" the routines they take the classes through.

On the not so related note, I woke up from weird dreams with an aching neck and a mysterious small cut on one of my fingers. Hazy dreams, involving some massive undercover sting operation in Germany..that for some reason had Roman Legionaires involved, and kept flickering from "real world" style look to 8 bit 2d graphics. Very..disconcerting.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Found a metalworker to help me with a Valentine's day project, and wound up treating him to free beers by way of a thank you. Utterly unable to work today. Am off now to go get a huge luncheon wrap from a place I know, then go to the bank where I intend to terrify my account manager by staring vacantly at him until he wets himself.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

While I actually find deadlines rapidly following each other quite refreshing after my stint in academia (and working on the same unending project for almost three years now), am absolutely knackered right now. Almost got to cancel one of the committees I'm secretary to, except got some new legal text from the ministry for comments at almost literally the last second. Still, a refreshing change from the uni, and the salary still puts a smile on my face.

Paycheck already gone, due to back surgery for the dog. Amazing how quickly he's recovered from that though, tough weiner. Project Epic Fail just keeps getting better when I'm snuck on to internal emails that have the tone of "So, what the heck are we doing here anyway ?" :banghead:

At least due to the ear infection, I've managed a 4 day weekend of sorts. Then next weekend is another 4 day one, then a 3 day one.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I can't stop laughing at this:

Sorry it's in Finnish. But those hobos/drunks will look funny even though non-speaking Finns :)

Anyways the video is about this great plan to move the hobos from a "park" to somewhere else. Social workers and police found them a new spot. The copper even bought them beer from at his own expense. The plan worked perfectly, straight opposite from the church and all, they were there for few days and just moved down to the middle of the town in the market square.

Hate the living, love the dead.

I'm typing up briefing notes for my successor since I couldn't manage earlier. I'm actually surprisingly emotional about it.

It's a bit like writing a "Please look after my baby. I can't be bothered." note.

EDIT: some of my colleagues know I post on here, so :p.

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I just read up on an alternate theory of the universe that's called plasmacology. It was only slightly more intelligible than Time Cube.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Got in an argument with dad over school plans.... well not so much argument as "getting lectured about how I should do things"

Then realized after hanging up the phone, my dad had personally triggered more mental incidents than any other factor in my head because he seems to think that school and work environments and expectations have stayed the same since 1968 and thus I should be able to do exactly what he did.

Tis a wee bit frustrating.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Got in an argument with dad over school plans.... well not so much argument as "getting lectured about how I should do things"

Then realized after hanging up the phone, my dad had personally triggered more mental incidents than any other factor in my head because he seems to think that school and work environments and expectations have stayed the same since 1968 and thus I should be able to do exactly what he did.

But common. The good part about having parents in academia is that they've worked their whole life with young people and have had to follow how things change. The bad part is being respectable, but poor. :p

• Like 1

But common. The good part about having parents in academia is that they've worked their whole life with young people and have had to follow how things change. The bad part is being respectable, but poor. :p

Well my dad just retired from being an exec in charge of environmental for a defense contractor, not in academia....

But he does so love to remind me that "I did drywall to get through college! You should be able to handle college and a job!"

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Well my dad just retired from being an exec in charge of environmental for a defense contractor, not in academia....

But he does so love to remind me that "I did drywall to get through college! You should be able to handle college and a job!"

Which would place his latest impressions on the matter into the Reagan era, right? :)

For the first time in my life I actually saw a woman who had eyes man could drown in. I remember thinking "don't look into her eyes, kiro, if you look into her eyes you'll fall in love". So I stared at her boobs instead.

• Like 1

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Had some rather in-depth dreaming. Very.. spy thrillerish thing going on, betrayal, intrigue, being hunted.. Then I woke up. Had that combo of just..not wanting to get up, along with wanting to go back to sleep to figure out the plot of the dream...

For the first time in my life I actually saw a woman who had eyes man could drown in. I remember thinking "don't look into her eyes, kiro, if you look into her eyes you'll fall in love". So I stared at her boobs instead.

I presume therefore that this was successful and that her chest wasn't even more amazing?

-Elwood Blues

You're married to the president of Finland?

You're married to the president of Finland?

Hah!

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Sitting down with a plate of scampi for dinner.

For some reason just had one of those days where I've been in a totally spacey headspace. Haven't really focused on anything or gotten anything done.