What you did today

Tale

Indeed. May Gods damn every species of statute writer, and save the few who convey the public good in their hearts and hands, not in books.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Not sure if its related to the lurgy, or whatever had my throat acting up the other day, but I seem to have spent a ridiculous amount of time this weekend sleeping or dozing rather then actually accomplishing anything really useful..

I still feel as if I only half my brain is awake this morning.. I'm hoping tea will kickstart the rest.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

le sigh

found out a friend of mine had cheated on her bf

most of the guys she's gone out with since i've known her have all been idiots, but the one she's with at the moment is actually a really cool dude

i gave her a bit of a telling off and told her to have some sense of consequences

in other news, first day back to work after the xmas holiday today

i work in a small office and today there were only 2 of us there

my workmate however was quite sick and spend most of the afternoon lying on the floor

at least there was hardly any actual work to do. i just sat around reading and doing crosswords :p

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Woke with awful hangover. Got straight down to work and actually got a lot done. Gallons of coffee, big spanish omelette for fuel. Am now contemplating taking a break and getting in some more fodder.

Got offerred a new job today. I really can't make up my mind, so I'm playing for time. It is pretty crap work, but extremely close by, and pretty secure.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I can type in a blank keyboard as long as I look at the keys.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

From across the street, ppl might still believe I'm 30ish.

Closer up, more like late 30's.

But on day's like today, I probably look 60.

...tired, shoulder-hunching, long day, and it's only half over. Har.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I kind of want to curse.

Attempting to produce a document, keep banging my head against the proverbial wall, then managing to figure something out and write. Then the flash of semi-inspiration.. and as I start to chase it.. boom. Family interupts. "Can you just quickly run the hoover over." "Oh, can you go get food for the dogs". "Can you sort my drugs out."

o O (note, that's prescription pharmacuticals, not recreational)

All the little things that do need to be done, but really, why do they not ask when I'm having a blank moment..but always in the 30 seconds after a flash of brilliance that needs to be written down?

From across the street, ppl might still believe I'm 30ish.

Closer up, more like late 30's.

But on day's like today, I probably look 60.

...tired, shoulder-hunching, long day, and it's only half over. Har.

It ain't the age Lady... it's the milage.

I think my odomoter has already turned over.

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Rahr! 11 hours and 2.6 million files later.. a full system virus scan completed.

Kryten: And we're going to... live!

-Elwood Blues

Woke from a rather strange dream where I was involved in a knife throwing duel during a party at one of my friends places... ;)

One of those dreams where you wake up with short feelings of cold and tense muscles in all the spots I'd been "hit" in the dream.

Working with insane client staff - pay for something, but are too lazy to tell us what specifically to do, banks sure are lucky they have money to burn. On the bright side, I can slack at work and have a legitimate reason to do so.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

And doing research on Anti-Gang related issues and methods.

There is a ridiculous amount of early 90's documents and articles to wade through to find current (or at least, post 2000) ones.

And its quirky to note how much anti-gang slides into Human Trafficking apparently.

Heh..and the Japanese had a rather unique group of "stalker gangs" , where lone stalkers have actually organised themselves to groups who stalk someone..thus getting around some of the anti-stalking laws they have.

I took the College Prof out to dinner tonight. I can definitely tell that is cooling off. Just as well I guess, she didn't seem to like the dogs anyway. Dating in your 20's is fun and exciting. In your 40's it just sucks. I don't have the money to attract the young ones (plus being burned out and cynical does not help) and the older ones are all as screwed up as I am. Dysfunction is attracted to dysfunction that is true, but it rarely makes for a healthy relationship! Now I'm going to pour myself a double highball of fine Kentucky bourbon with ice and a splash of ginger ale and sit on my porch and count the stars.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Massive milestone workwise yesterday, and today I feel hinky as hell. Shoulders are a mess, like an excited kitten has been at my sinews. Left eye hurts like someone has punched me. Can't focus.

Made ginger and apricot jam. Pretty damn good, if I say so myself.

-Elwood Blues

I've been planning my big summer RV trip. I think we've got it worked out. I'm going to head up to Tillmook, Oregon for a couple days and do the factory tour as well as enjoy their ice cream. Then we will head to Washington and take a Ferry across to Vancouver Island (with the RV, which will be neat.) We will psend a week on the island, a few days in Victoria and a few days further north near Nainamo. We will take another ferry across to Canada, and then start the long drive home, stopping in Salem for a couple days.

I'm pretty excited, it looks like about a 16 day trip. I'll start making the reservations in march, but I like to have a plan early.

Working with clients I'd feel happy about stabbing in the neck is still proceeding, or not, apparently a signed contract is only a suggestion to them. But at least there's no shortage of things to do. Browsing some books today, going to get a nice big haul, 2 WH40k HH books because I've bad taste, and maybe a couple of Forsyth novels and looking for a Roman history book as well.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

2 WH40k HH books because I've bad taste

Stay clear of "The Outcast Dead". The story isn't bad as such, but it fits into the rest of the established setting like a foot in a glove. Enough contradictions and inconsistencies to grate on the readers nerves.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Well was going for that, might as well read it, have gone through Battle for the Abyss after all. The DA HH books get people's ire, I found them to be passable, but I like the DAs.

Well was going for that, might as well read it, have gone through Battle for the Abyss after all. The DA HH books get people's ire, I found them to be passable, but I like the DAs.

The HH books really are a mixed bag. Before The Outcast Dead, my least favourite was probably Prospero Burns (mostly ruined by then last quarter of the story). On the other hand, chatting with store staff, I know my favourites aren't exactly universally popular either (Legion and Flight of the Eisenstein) ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Went for a 10k in -30 - first time in that amount of cold with the new pack member!

Are you by any chance a Husky? ;)