What you did today

Tale

Don't know if it's any help, but my butcher got me a whole cow hip. Boiled it until the flesh fell off, and then gave that to the dog. Kept the bugger busy. Of course it was larger than he was...

We have been getting various knuckle-bones and the like.. the trouble being if they're inside the house they stink up the carpets...

If they're outside the house.. he's coming back in covered in mud...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Don't know if it's any help, but my butcher got me a whole cow hip. Boiled it until the flesh fell off, and then gave that to the dog. Kept the bugger busy. Of course it was larger than he was...

We have been getting various knuckle-bones and the like.. the trouble being if they're inside the house they stink up the carpets...

D'oh.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Reminds me of all my dogs, R.I.P. all of them :(

Except for the one that bit me of course. :shifty:

Got my Farscape Complete Series Blu-Ray set today! Farscape is my favorite series of all time, so I'm very excited.

Somewhat tempered by knowing it won't really take advantage of HD or Blu-Ray. I knew a while back that the series wouldn't be able to make a good HD conversion, so I never thought it would get a Blu-Ray release. Many shots are completely digital and made strictly for SD. Until I saw season 1 at Wal-Mart. I promptly did the smart thing, checked Amazon on my phone to see when a series set was coming out, found out it was already released, checked reviews to make sure it wasn't just the DVD set on new discs, ordered it that moment. Several hours later I finally lifted my jaw off the ground.

Reviews indicate that they mostly just upconverted PAL. Which makes it a little better than my NTSC dvds. Some are complaining of issues in motion sequences. But if it's better than my DVDs by a smidge (heck, I have a faulty disc on season 1), or lasts longer, it'll be worth it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Got my Farscape Complete Series Blu-Ray set today! Farscape is my favorite series of all time, so I'm very excited.

Nice! I remember watching that show with my dad when it first aired on TV. Only got through the first half dozen episodes before I stopped. Didn't get the rest of the series until I marathoned it over the summer thanks to Netflix. Awesome show.

Had such an enjoyable bout of insomnia. Didn't manage to fall asleep until it had gone past 05:14 - Well, the last time I checked the time before I managed to achieve some modicum of sleep...

The day has arrived with constant rain for the last few hours.. I am contemplating what mental gears need pushing to actually achieve stuff ..

Went for a drink with the hot analyst... but she dragged two of our (female) co-workers with her, so no progress was made. No regress either, which frankly might have been preferable. Incredibly sweet girl, though. ;)

Also, 18 yo Talisker is great.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Not a good day for kitty.

I had a reason to suspect a urinary tract infection. So, take him to the vet yesterday. They can't get enough pee to test, so they hold him overnight to test this morning. Tests come back before I even get off work and he has crystals. So he needs a special diet and medicine. No big deal.

On the way back from the vet, he decides to crawl under the carseat to hide. And gets stuck. Freaks out, cuts his paw. The bleeding has stopped, he's still walking on the foot and jumping, so I'll check on him again in the morning. I don't think the cut is bad, but still... poor kitty.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

We had a great three days in San Francisco. Tuesday we went to The Presidio, which was fun to look around but not much was open. Wednesday we spent around Macy's and all the shopping areas, we picked up a few items to keep the wife happy. Today we hit the wharves, eating crab and clam chowder on the waterfront. We also got sundaes at Ghiradelli Square. The weather held up nicely, and we had a good time using the ferries, buses, and trains. It was a very crowded week, but the spikes I installed on the stroller helped us clear a path.

Tomorrow we head home.

Rather typical Friday, looking forward to the weekend and not having to see my coworkers for three days. Will have to deal with all the New Year's garbage (family seem to like making something of it), but a good chance to catch up on sleep!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Been puttering back and forth on a few things. Managed to slip in about an hour of Tor-play. And some running the dogs around. Tis being quite miserably wet and rainy outside as well.

Utterly lost in Skyrim today. It's like having a holiday in a cupboard.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Is this an elaborate setup for "stepping out of the closet" with the new year? :lol:

Got back from my evening out.

Round at a friends, general small gathering. Fire out the back, throw in the new years with some fireworks and sky lanterns.

Some port and cigars.

Oh yes. And Whiskey Clouds. Trust a phd chemist to follow in james may's footsteps after seeing that show. I will say, tis an interesting experience.

Was a fairly pleasant time, although had a section of conversation with a friend and his bride to be about the upcoming wedding next year. The whole trip to mexico for it, her family, his family, that it probably won't be the full formal church wedding since she's catholic and he's not. Although he's got a brother, he probably won't be the best man for various reasons, and I got told I was on the short list for that role. Heh, had my friend do the whole " the important thing is that the best man is there to take the groom's place if he disapears or can't make it for any reason, up to and including marrying my fiancee". So she was all "What, is that some weird English tradition??"

Home, and having a mug of hot chocolate and feeling strangely depressed for some reason that I can't quite figure out.

Is this an elaborate setup for "stepping out of the closet" with the new year? :(

LOL

-Elwood Blues

After not vigorously cleaning my apartment since the ex took off, and having spent July-October doing nothing but working, eating and sleeping I'm now four days into a herculanean tidying effort. In fact, the stables of Augeas had nothing to that joint. Slowly starting to see results, will probably be able to invite people over for NFL playoff matches. :(

Have managed to do something egregious to my biceps, using a bulwarker. Now I've got comedy shooting pains up both arms.

I'm a crippled eedjit! :(

-Elwood Blues

Have managed to do something egregious to my biceps, using a bulwarker. Now I've got comedy shooting pains up both arms.

I'm a crippled eedjit! :(

I don't know what you said but it sounds dirty. :o

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Thoroughly miserable weather. Heavy winds, slating rain. Kept waking everyone in the family up repeatedly through the night.

Got a nice pounding headache to accompany it. Shoved some laundry through, sorted out mom's pharmacy supply for the day.

Having a cup of tea and about to hit the asprin.

Wondering whether I need to keep an eye on the dogs or if I'll just try crashing back to bed for a few hours.

I'm a crippled eedjit! ;)

A bulwarker is basically just a big spring in a piston arrangement. You push the two ends together.

-Elwood Blues

I'm a crippled eedjit! :o

A bulwarker is basically just a big spring in a piston arrangement. You push the two ends together.

;)