What you did today

Tale

FORK YOU TOOO RANDOM PERSON FROM ANOTHER SCHOOL!

We beat Oklahoma we can beat you.

We have home field advantage, unless any of you Iowans are gonna make the trip to Yankee Stadium!

Given how little there is to do in Iowa... I'm willing to bet on it.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

We have home field advantage, unless any of you Iowans are gonna make the trip to Yankee Stadium!

:lol:

ah well if you happen to watch the game look for me in the student section, I'll be holding a sign that says "HI VOLOURN"

:lol:

ah well if you happen to watch the game look for me in the student section, I'll be holding a sign that says "HI VOLOURN"

I might not be able to watch it because I'm gonna be traveling across the US.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Had a number of freakish dreams that I kept waking up from.

Now I keep thinking/feeling its monday all over again rather then a tuesday.

Edit:

And to add to the joys, apparently the phone line is out. Or at least not giving a dial tone. :lol:

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

For the most part Finals is the last exam of the semester and worth a small pile of credit when compared to the other tests in the semester.

In my day finals were the exams you did at the end of your university career, decided almost all your eventual mark.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Woke up three times during the night, at 12:00, at 3:15 and ~5:27. It was... odd. (In case that needs explanation I was checking them off an analogue watch). Another heavy day at work, but I had the ultimate luxury of being at home at five, so kinda ecstatic. All for shorter intense days over the grad student schedule.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I think my favorite thing to do is sit on my porch now and watch the sun set. There is something so dramatic about the change between night and day that you never notice unless you sit down and really watch it. The way the bird calls change as the night birds come out and the day birds nest up. Crows change their caws right around sunset. Sounds seems to carry better, you can hear dogs barking on far distant farms, owls that roost down on the riverbanks, barges on the Mississippi. Then after the last bit of orange has bled from the sky you can see stars by the tens of thousands, as well as jupiter and saturn and mars making their way across the sky. It is the most amazing show and it is put on just for me every night.

I've gotta tell you, I will never live in a city again.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I think my favorite thing to do is sit on my porch now and watch the sun set. There is something so dramatic about the change between night and day that you never notice unless you sit down and really watch it. The way the bird calls change as the night birds come out and the day birds nest up. Crows change their caws right around sunset. Sounds seems to carry better, you can hear dogs barking on far distant farms, owls that roost down on the riverbanks, barges on the Mississippi. Then after the last bit of orange has bled from the sky you can see stars by the tens of thousands, as well as jupiter and saturn and mars making their way across the sky. It is the most amazing show and it is put on just for me every night.

Where are you in the US (if you don't mind me asking)?

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Jersey

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Tennessee, I work in Memphis but I live about 40 miles north of there.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Jersey

I'm literally laughing out loud

I love Tennessee. Was stationed in Millington ~91 for "A" school and met some of the nicest people anywhere. Good times on Beale street too. I remember this one bar right outside the base where every Wednesday was "All you can drink night" for $7.00, yes seven dollars. Crazy bastages.

I love Tennessee. Was stationed in Millington ~91 for "A" school and met some of the nicest people anywhere. Good times on Beale street too. I remember this one bar right outside the base where every Wednesday was "All you can drink night" for $7.00, yes seven dollars. Crazy bastages.

I was there in '89 & '90. That bar you're thinking of was Sonny & Sher's. Abour 1/2 mi south of the main gate. It's long gone I'm afraid to say. So is the base. The VA runs the hospital and there is a small reserve compound & recruiting center. The Northside air field is a private airport now. Millington shrunk since you last saw it. And it was never big to begin with. Morrie's pub is still here believe it or not. I stop by every once in a while when I'm feeling nostalgic.

Thomas Sowell

Spend a great evening eating good food and discussing Jacques Derrida with a friend.. Also I'm laughing at Norway and their butter shortage. The Colbert Report about it was especially hilarious.

Fortune favors the bald.

Spend a great evening eating good food and discussing Jacques Derrida with a friend.. Also I'm laughing at Norway and their butter shortage. The Colbert Report about it was especially hilarious.

Oh yeah, how is the "Donate butter for the poor Norwegians" campaign going back in Denmark? :thumbsup:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I was there in '89 & '90. That bar you're thinking of was Sonny & Sher's. Abour 1/2 mi south of the main gate. It's long gone I'm afraid to say. So is the base. The VA runs the hospital and there is a small reserve compound & recruiting center. The Northside air field is a private airport now. Millington shrunk since you last saw it. And it was never big to begin with. Morrie's pub is still here believe it or not. I stop by every once in a while when I'm feeling nostalgic.

Thats the place! Wow, what a small world.

Jersey

I'm literally laughing out loud

:thumbsup: Worried it was just me got that.

-Elwood Blues

Oh yeah, how is the "Donate butter for the poor Norwegians" campaign going back in Denmark? :thumbsup:

They are "invading" some of the coastal cities and buying up all the butter.. So no need to donate..

Fortune favors the bald.

They are "invading" some of the coastal cities and buying up all the butter.. So no need to donate..

Like the proper vikings they are. ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Oh yeah, how is the "Donate butter for the poor Norwegians" campaign going back in Denmark? :lol:

Like the proper vikings they are. ;)

Go for Gold

edynamicwebnetsolutions.jpg

With this you can apparantly bribe a Norwegian to do anything these days...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Had the slow start to the day. Ran through a friends dissertation to provide a grammar/language check since english is her second langauge.

Now mom's got a doctor's appointment to go to. Check up on various blood tests and wotnot.

Hm, then throw some of the empty christmas decoration boxes up in the attic and get them out of the way..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Storm broke my roof. Keep snowing. Did some christmas shopping then back to work. Am now wrapped up in five layers.

-Elwood Blues