What you did today

Tale

Why my job rocks, client calls up and asks " How do I input 7 am: 07:00 or 00:70?"

Well, North Americans do sometimes write 31st of December, 2011 as 12/31/11 or 2011-12-31, so it might have been a fair question :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Well I, at least, haven't seen anyone, or any digital clock, call 7am as 00:70... :p

Today I'm sitting in front of the wall heater & relaxing a lot....main PC still needs fixing but I'm tired of thinking about it. Wasn't gaming much lately anyway, so it's not like I miss the pc-power rig much to begin with.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

barely spent any time at home lately

just been working lots and catching up with people

looking forward to xmas this year as it'll be a chance to take some time to chill

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Why my job rocks, client calls up and asks " How do I input 7 am: 07:00 or 00:70?"

Well, North Americans do sometimes write 31st of December, 2011 as 12/31/11 or 2011-12-31, so it might have been a fair question :sweat:

Indeed. Listen up North America:

28.06.11 = Fine

11.06.28 = Fine

06.28.11 = INSANE

Or perhaps I've missed a million other examples where formatting is done out of ordinal sequence?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

You know you've joined the right company when they give you a company credit card before you've taken your coat off.

Absolutely deluged with information today, should put an icepack on my head.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Hm, between the weather and the dogs the garden has turned into a veritable mud-pit. Joys.

Trying to figure out when I can get my sister to take them out for 4 hours or so, then I can get the cleaner out and have a big go at the carpets before we get the christmas decorations out. Pondering where to put the tree..

Having the joys of a lingering headache to keep me company this morning, and I seem to having a case of brain-dead about writing up a case-study style documentation type of thing.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Been in a good mood for the past few days, rather disturbing as I can't think of a reason why this is. Another day of battling a crappy spec and uncommunicative clients, but at least time flies by. Definitely need to start Christmas shopping too, bleh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Why you never buy nice things.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Oh I wish - I would have had a chance it I was simply being mugged.. a guy was hit by a car not 500m from the shop, I rush out to help him out, leaving my bike alone - when I get back 3 minutes later someone had taken the bag from the bike..

Fortune favors the bald.

Oh I wish - I would have had a chance it I was simply being mugged.. a guy was hit by a car not 500m from the shop, I rush out to help him out, leaving my bike alone - when I get back 3 minutes later someone had taken the bag from the bike..

Karma. You do good things and good things happen to you...

Hate the living, love the dead.

FFS, that really sucks. So the organsack who stole it must have seen you rushing to help the guy who was hit? I'd talk to your local media, get an appeal out for witnesses. You'd be amazed what can turn up if the community turns on someone from righteous indignation.

~~

Today I have been doing admin, including filling out a personal statement in the third person. It's incerdibly creepy. I feel like that guy from Silence of the Lambs.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

That sucks. A lot.

Also learned today that the HR manager had decided to withhold my salary (which should've been paid on the day I arrived to work), ie. not paid on the date myself and her superior had agreed on, not informed me or anyone else about it and not even specified a date when it should be paid to bankroll - and I had a longish meeting with her yesterday! Sure, I understand that if you're a typical HR douchebag you want to make sure that the new hire comes in before you give them money (getting paid on the 1st is irregular, I know), and I would've been ok if I hadn't had to go ask our executive assistant today about the whole thing just to hear about it. Oh well, at least the ever-slow Finnish tax machine paid me my returns today so I don't have to starve during the weekend. :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Well, North Americans do sometimes write 31st of December, 2011 as 12/31/11 or 2011-12-31, so it might have been a fair question :)

Indeed. Listen up North America:

28.06.11 = Fine

11.06.28 = Fine

06.28.11 = INSANE

Or perhaps I've missed a million other examples where formatting is done out of ordinal sequence?

Any sequence where month and day can be confused = insane. It goes : day, month, year. How hard is that. Don't blame the metric system either, it's just common sense.

At least the guy didn't steal your bike too. It's something.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

FFS, that really sucks. So the organsack who stole it must have seen you rushing to help the guy who was hit? I'd talk to your local media, get an appeal out for witnesses. You'd be amazed what can turn up if the community turns on someone from righteous indignation.

Hmm that could be worth a shot - of course it would rather have 5 minutes alone with the guy/gal in a room without cameras.

At least the guy didn't steal your bike too. It's something.

Hah, yeah - my bike is old, rusty and looks like it's gonna fall apart - that little piece of jewlery was worth about 10x the market price for the bike so obviously it was a smart thief.

Fortune favors the bald.

Did the person hit by the car live ?

Well that's not all bad then. Heh, here, I wonder if anyone would have helped in a similar situation.

I just use UNIX time.

Edited by Malcador

New HDD bought & initially tested. Installed HDD, booted up to format & install Windows....and my DVD-Rom busted/won't work. Figures. :lol:

Hubs USB DVD-rom drive to the rescue! ... then I guess I'm going shopping again. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I still write it in military format: 2 Dec 11.

No room for misinterpretation :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I've been very busy of late wrapping up all the license and compliance paperwork for the FCC for all of our clients. Finally finished. Nothing to do at work now but cruise until next year. And of course not get drunk and make a jackass of myself at the Christmas party.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell