What you did today

Tale

Large, happy, comfy, feelin' safe cats are apparently copious amounts of poo and pee cats.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Got my sister to take out the dogs for many hours..and then steam-cleaned the carpets downstairs.. If the timing works, they should all be dry by the time she and the animals get back...

Then I'll have to give some thought to getting the decorations out of the attic and put the tree up at some point this week...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

There are days I'm really happy not having a "smart" phone... ;)

Bye bye privacy

I don't remember if it wasn't already mentioned in the science thread, but I thought it interesting. Not sure how I found it, as I was looking for news about the disarming of the 2 tonne WWII bomb in Koblenz :ermm:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The local CBC radio station has some 'tech' guy that repatedly says that "well, there are some privacy concerns, but not a big deal", will wait to see if he mentions anything about that. Today had to laugh. Doing work on the weekend, Winamp's randomizer gives me "The End", "All is Misery" and "Your time has come". Not a very good start to it ;)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Had a friend's wedding, got drunk and made rather ill-conceived passes at his cousins. Worst part that I wasn't really drunk enough for it to be an excuse, more like a little bit tipsy.

That and other stuff too numerous and individually trivial to mention resulted in a weekend so depressing that I'm glad to go back to work tomorrow. Especially since everybody else had taken a day off due to the holiday on tuesday - so even I have an easy day before another day off...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Had a group meeting for one of my projects today. Only had half the group show up, another 3 were accounted for as having mentioned that they couldn't make it. Last three were nowhere to be found and as far as we know have done nothing to contribute to the project this far.

However, to be fair most of the people that showed up today contributed nothing because two members of the group decided to get together yesterday without informing anyone and complete 90% of the project by themselves. I'm not sure how I feel about this. The project is almost done, but most of the group was completely cut out of the loop when it came time to actually do anything for the project. Not cool.

Had a group meeting for one of my projects today. Only had half the group show up, another 3 were accounted for as having mentioned that they couldn't make it. Last three were nowhere to be found and as far as we know have done nothing to contribute to the project this far.

However, to be fair most of the people that showed up today contributed nothing because two members of the group decided to get together yesterday without informing anyone and complete 90% of the project by themselves. I'm not sure how I feel about this. The project is almost done, but most of the group was completely cut out of the loop when it came time to actually do anything for the project. Not cool.

Fire the project manager ;)

I don't know what the project was about, but it sounds like a number of team members failed the "real life" test.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Fire the project manager ;)

I don't know what the project was about, but it sounds like a number of team members failed the "real life" test.

;)

Can't fire my fellow students as much as I may want to at times.

"No offence, but I don't trust anyone else to work on my projects, so I just did all the work. If we could have chosen our groups I would have worked with person A, B and C." Explain to me why I'm not supposed to be offended when you've just stated that I can't be trusted to participate in my own project?

The project is for my Training and Development class. Create a training program for one of the assigned topics and make a 30 minute presentation to the rest of the class to sell them on our service.

Not being a great monday start. That lurking headache, general tiredness and a feeling of depression making it kind of hard to find my oomph today.

The wind is cutting coldly outside, the pooches are being up and down. My thoughts seem to be skittering rather then producing work.

Found that mom forgot to order up her prescription last week, so now we're out of some of her meds and have to try to get them tomorrow.

But I've got some warm bread pudding that gran made, and a fresh cup of tea. So I shall see whether that manages to roll the day onto a better direction.

Have done that in a school project, deadline was kinda close and we'd done zip for it, so I decided to just solo it, but eventually dragged in 50% of the team. Usually was the case in school for freezing out others (well was one group where they excluded one, but that was race, heh) not some sort of "you can't handle this, untermensch" attitude.

Realized the client wants something hinted at in the spec (yay for craptastic project management) and that something is really, really, really nasty to implement. Have no idea on how to do this, so typical Monday, heh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Steamcleaned the downstairs carpets yesterday.. This afternoon the puppy threw up on them. :thumbsup:

Went back to an old stomping ground this weekend. Ran into two of my exes at a party. Naturally, female logic being what it is, not speaking to them for over a year apparently more attractive than all the preceding eras of conscientious wooing. Spent much of my subsequent time wreathed in cigarette smoke and kisses. Fantastic.

EDIT: I know I'm a massive retrophile. But I _like_ my late night romance wreathed in smoke.

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Taken care of a batch of christmas shopping via Amazon. Then my headphones broke.. so I've had to place an order for some new ones.

With a few other things..my budget and savings have reallly shrunk. Dang it, and I've got to start planning for a highly likely trip to Mexico City in 2013 for a wedding.

It's cold and windy outside, but luckily not wet yet. Have to chase mom up on placing her prescription, then I'll have to go up and deal with that later this afternoon.

Realised I've got a huge chunk of laundry to sort out, and the kittylitter needs to be completely emptied, cleaned then refilled.

Urf..and furniture in the front room needs rearranging before I brave the dangers of the attic and seek out the lost treasures known as "christmas decorations"..

Between which I'm hoping to spark some creative brilliance for some actual solid work, that may in time actually bring in some money to provide relief to my budget...

Yeah, I remember one of the group projects I got stuck with at university. The team leader would divide up the work between us, but every week, he'd have done the work he gave me as well, and would invariably use his versions rather then mine. Which kind of makes it a bit hard to ge tthe enthusiasm to keep doing the work when it never gets used. To take the cake, he then complained to some of my friends that I was a slacker who didn't do the work.. :shifty: