What are you playing now?

Gorth

Start of old thread

End of old thread

I've been playing a bit of Fallout 3 lately (since I bought the big box with all DLC's cheap). Things sort of went fine until I went to Point Lookout. Currently stuck with an unsolvable main quest, because the game CTD's every time I try to reenter Calverts Mansion after finishing the Sacred Bog quest and talking to the addle-brained guys at the Cathedral.

Not going to start over again. Bye bye Fallout 3... :(

Well, I'm nothing if not stubborn. Not sure what made the difference between rebooting my pc, changing resolution, disabling AA and a few other things. Only the great CPU will ever know.

Anyway, finished this DLC and found it fun within reason. I don't understand why it needed to be "high level" area, when it completely ruins the suspension of disbelief that a bunch of hicks are harder to kill than combat veterans in power armour :)

Nice atmosphere though. Besides, I love swamps :)

Accidentally triggered Mothership Zeta while going elsewhere. There is probably a special Fallout hell set aside for me for thoroughly enjoying it. Sure, it has nothing to do with Fallout, but I enjoyed the trip. Sort of Mars Attacks meets Plan 9 from outer space.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm still working on Deus Ex. Really good game. Decided to ditch pistols and instead went with rifles. Sniping with my modded sawed-off shotgun and sneaking on enemies with my Dragon Tooth sword is way too much fun.

I just killed Gunther (kinda felt bad for him) and saw the infamous "A BOMB!" scene. I'm at Vandenberg. How much more do I have left?

Nearing the end.

Let me rephrase that (since I can't edit any longer), I had a memory failure: Still some way to go! :(

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I just played Counter-Strike Condition Zero: Deleted Scenes for the very first time and... and I will never wonder again why it was deleted scenes. This is like a parody of all bad first person shooters and especially Counter-Strike. Pretty lol.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Fallout 3. I missed the ruin city and the metro tunnels which is lacking in FNV.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Playing DX:HR, and listening to my friend play TOR.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Fallout 3. I missed the ruin city and the metro tunnels which is lacking in FNV.

You missed the metro tunnels? I don't understand this comment. It almost sounds like you think the metro tunnels were a positive feature rather than a negative. :sweat:

I've been playing around with Borderlands again with some friends and a little bit of Rollercoaster Tycoon on the side.

Edited by Deraldin

Been doing a slow paced 2nd playthrough of Deus Ex Human Revolution off and on between moments of reality...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Not playing FNV I miss the weapon and food crafting.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Everyone who misses the metro tunnels should check out the New Vegas sewers. I prefer them anytime over the damn metro tunnel of Fo3.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Alpha Protocol. Finally got the skills working.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

After finishing Deus Ex, I got back into Age of Conan. This game is unbelievable looking. It might beone of the best looking games I've ever played, and for an MMO that is really saying something. I've reached the lands of the Kithai, which is basically China. They have a Great Wall and I'm doing quests for a bunch of Mongols at this point. They have other names, but all the areas are pretty much based on real stuff. I just left Egypt, which was pretty amazing as well.

My character was a level 21 Aquilonian Conquerer I made back when the game came out 3 years ago. I played around with some new characters until I remembered how to play, and then started in on him again. He's up to level 25 now, it seems to have a pretty quick leveling pace. I'm still a bit confused about some of my abilities, but it's coming to me. The gameplay is pretty quick and definitely requires a bit of concentration, which is a change from most MMO's.

i tried the demo for space marine. not my cup of tea. too bad though, cause i like warhammer, and i like relic. the game seemed like it could be fun for some people, just not me.

finished 2 plays of deus ex HR. not sure what to play now :)

need to kill a month till dark souls, then batman AC, and then skyriiiiiim.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

FOR THE EMPERAH!

I thought you died in Kaureva.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

You missed the metro tunnels? I don't understand this comment. It almost sounds like you think the metro tunnels were a positive feature rather than a negative. :p

The FO3 metro tunnels were a positive-- they were just massively overused (and unavoidable), such that everyone got sick of them. If they were more varied and not necessary gateways for many game locations, you wouldn't see the complaints that you do. Also, as someone who spends about an hour every workday in the actual DC Metro, it was fun to see a rather humdrum part of my routine transformed into an opportunity for adventure.

I am lousy at action games, and easily frustrated into quitting them. Everybody seems to criticize Arkham Asylum for being too easy, but I've hit a difficulty spike that had me walking away from the game. It's the fight that takes place where the electrified floor toggles from one area to the next-- I just can't handle it once there are 2 mooks weilding those freaking shock-prods. I've tried it about 5 times, and I'm getting closer to getting by (putting explosive-spray "mines" at the transition areas to set off at opportune moments certainly helped), but my patience is running thin. Can't I just go back to solving riddles instead??

When AA frustrates me or makes me woozy (I have some motion-sickness issues with it from time to time), I've been going back to advance an old BG2 save. I'm essentially re-playing with the same setup I first ran through the game over a decade ago-- a multiclassed F/M, Keldorn, Anomen, Jahiera, Jan, and Rotational/Imoen-- and just arrived at that town outside Spellhold.

Edited by Enoch

You missed the metro tunnels? I don't understand this comment. It almost sounds like you think the metro tunnels were a positive feature rather than a negative. :p

The FO3 metro tunnels were a positive-- they were just massively overused (and unavoidable), such that everyone got sick of them. If they were more varied and not necessary gateways for many game locations, you wouldn't see the complaints that you do. Also, as someone who spends about an hour every workday in the actual DC Metro, it was fun to see a rather humdrum part of my routine transformed into an opportunity for adventure.

I am lousy at action games, and easily frustrated into quitting them. Everybody seems to criticize Arkham Asylum for being too easy, but I've hit a difficulty spike that had me walking away from the game. It's the fight that takes place where the electrified floor toggles from one area to the next-- I just can't handle it once there are 2 mooks weilding those freaking shock-prods. I've tried it about 5 times, and I'm getting closer to getting by (putting explosive-spray "mines" at the transition areas to set off at opportune moments certainly helped), but my patience is running thin. Can't I just go back to solving riddles instead??

When AA frustrates me or makes me woozy (I have some motion-sickness issues with it from time to time), I've been going back to advance an old BG2 save. I'm essentially re-playing with the same setup I first ran through the game over a decade ago-- a multiclassed F/M, Keldorn, Anomen, Jahiera, Jan, and Rotational/Imoen-- and just arrived at that town outside Spellhold.

in AA if you do things right on that fight, you can set it up so the floor fries your opponents.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

dear Enoch:

play it on easy, it will save you a lot of hassle.

also, learn the fast takedown skill and use it constantly, if i remember right you just need to string together 5 button presses and you get a free auto-knockout attack.

dodge more, and use the cape stun attack to dizzy those shock prod guys without worrying about them hitting you mid attack string.

maybe practice your group fighting in that side mode of the game? forget what its called, challenge mode? run through that a few times and the main game will feel WAY easier.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.