What are you playing now?

Gorth

Are you playing AA on easy? I play everything on easy now, I'm too old and crotchety to worry about being challenged enough.

Yeah, I increasingly feel like that, too, but if i feel like playing the game multiple times, I'll generally start bumping the difficulty.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Are you playing AA on easy? I play everything on easy now, I'm too old and crotchety to worry about being challenged enough.

Yeah, I increasingly feel like that, too, but if i feel like playing the game multiple times, I'll generally start bumping the difficulty.

I switched a few years back to easy and I find I finish a lot more games now. I just don't have the time to grind through the hard parts of games and get better at them. I play for the story, and once it stops moving, I go on to the next game.

Finished fighting FOR THE EMPERAH!

Now maybe I'll do it some more, but online.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Hm, Marines would use cover, getting plastered by a support weapon is for the dumb after all. I'll nick that on a Steam sale I guess, 40k bias and all.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The game can be schizophrenic with the "no cover" thing. Yeah, there's definitely no formal cover system. But there's a few points in the game where you're encouraged to hide behind something.

This may be a loadout problem, though. Power hammer limits you to bolter and pistol, so you won't have access to any of the powerful long range weapons. You can tear people up at close range, but they can pin you down at long. And those Orks with rocket launchers....

This made me take a hide, regen shield, pop out and take potshots strategy at times. If I'd used the Lascannon or Stalker Bolter, I might have had a better time with those encounters.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm up to level 27 in Age of Conan. I'm still struggling a bit with my character build and skills, but I don't feel completely helpless out there. Although it really requires some concentration to not get torn up when fighting more than one mob. Most MMO's are pretty slow, meaning if my kids are distracting me and I get attacked, I have time to saunter back to the computer and get going. in AoC is I don't start out well I'm dead.

I haven't actually gone through the Great Wall, I'm just doing stuff on the outskirts.

Space Marines demo was quite fun but I got that feeling that the gameplay gets really old really fast. So I think I'll pass.

You loved Bodycount so much you wrotes a song... HOW KIND OF YOU!

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Space Marines demo was quite fun but I got that feeling that the gameplay gets really old really fast. So I think I'll pass.

I got tired of the gameplay already in the demo. It felt like the 6/10 Eurogamer gave it. Kind of surprised the 40k brand has this kind of power, or we're hitting one of those "GTA4" spots were I find a game a lot of people seem to like unbearably tedious.

I think GW in general is in danger of a schism in its oferring. It needs to get back to the dark roots. Kid market be damned. Why do they think kids fell in love with it in the first place?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I think GW in general is in danger of a schism in its oferring. It needs to get back to the dark roots. Kid market be damned. Why do they think kids fell in love with it in the first place?

hell yeah this.

the old books and games were so DARK, gothic and grim and far-future. the necrons and tau were the beginning of the end, they turned it all a little too sci-fi (i actually like both races, but they didn't fit the universe).

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Problem is they have become used to scooping up said kids money by the truckload. Once you get used to a revenue stream, it's hard to let go, even if the four rough riders of the apocalypse is telling you, that this is a fickle group with attention spans the size of singularities. No matter how much they try to dumb down the rules (it can hardly get any worse), eventually their current target group will lose interest and find new gadgets/hobbies/whatever. They currently feel the squeeze from the market. It's really weird since they have built this network of retail stores, that for all intent and purposes is geared towards bulk sales of easily digestable commodities, yet they price their goods as "luxury" items and their only answer to red numbers on the balance sheet is price increases. Eventually they will have to engage in some heavy handed cost cutting measures.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

i definitely worry that the whole game will collapse on itself. it seems to be too expensive for most casual hobbyists, and they have all these stores to support... i honestly don't see how they are still maintaining as they are. but maybe they really do sell enough at these prices to keep afloat?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I see that Gamersgate has Mysteries of Westgate for NWN2 for $9.95. Anybody here ever played it or did everybody get tired of waiting for Atari to get their act together?

If anyone played it, is it any good (for somebody who liked NWN2)?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Problem is they have become used to scooping up said kids money by the truckload. Once you get used to a revenue stream, it's hard to let go, even if the four rough riders of the apocalypse is telling you, that this is a fickle group with attention spans the size of singularities. No matter how much they try to dumb down the rules (it can hardly get any worse), eventually their current target group will lose interest and find new gadgets/hobbies/whatever. They currently feel the squeeze from the market. It's really weird since they have built this network of retail stores, that for all intent and purposes is geared towards bulk sales of easily digestable commodities, yet they price their goods as "luxury" items and their only answer to red numbers on the balance sheet is price increases. Eventually they will have to engage in some heavy handed cost cutting measures.

I think the so-called Finecast was a step in that direction. 1) Replace expensive material with dirt-cheap resin 2) rise prises 3)don't even need this! 4) profit! :ermm:

A couple friends have recently started playing Borderlands for the first time so I jumped in with a new character to go through with them. Never used Brick before, but I have to say I'm starting to like rocket launchers more than I used to. Brick has been an absolute monster so far. Just running into the middle of large groups of enemies, soaking all the damage and then getting 4-5 second winds whenever he goes down because of the insane damage a triple rocket launcher will put out.

IMO it's the way that they've handled Chaos which shows the rot best. Rick Priestley came up with this completely mental set of gods which are genuinely scary. Decay, lust, rage, the will to power. These are all actually evil things. And they've been replaced with Marvel super-villains. Abnett's about the only writer left with them who actually gets it. And even he gets distracted.

The consequence is that as the bad guys have got less bad, the good guys have become more confusing. And I don't think that either is what teenage boys are looking for. I know what drew me in was the contrast of light and dark. The moral chiaroscuro.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Decay, lust, rage, the will to power. These are all actually evil things. And they've been replaced with Marvel super-villains.
You lost me, what do you mean?

If GW wants to get it's act together, they need to lose Matt Ward first.

Decay, lust, rage, the will to power. These are all actually evil things. And they've been replaced with Marvel super-villains.
You lost me, what do you mean?

If GW wants to get it's act together, they need to lose Matt Ward first.

I presume you've never seen a copy of The Lost and the Damned or Slaves to Darkness?

http://wargamestuff.blogspot.com/2011/06/b...s-of-chaos.html

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues