Dragon Age 2

Gorth

Man this game is going to suck

but will it be epic suckage?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Thanks for those files Maria.

I tried nightmare with a 2 handed warrior, and it was pretty good. I wasn't expecting melee AOE attacks to have friendly fire but I found it refreshing. I had to be careful in positioning my fighters and make sure they weren't getting in the way of each other. Aveline in the center with Hawke and Bro on the flanks worked well. I also noticed that sword and board could also inflict damage to multiple opponents with their default attack if the animation passed over multiple enemies. Aveline was doing her stabby move and two enemies happened to line up together. They both were damaged and eventually fell.

Overall it wasn't noticeably more difficult than normal. Just positioning, timing and cross class combos were more important and I had to pay more attention. I didn't get the feeling that the enemy HP had been artifically inflated. I enjoyed it over normal a lot.

Edited by Azure79

Guest Slinky
The console has autoattack.

It has? Didn't notice where you could put it on.

Though I tested the demo on 360 just to see the dark and epic combat system, where every push of button does something awesome.

Heh, one thing I did notice when you unlock the character creation side..

If you don't want to import your saves from DA:O, they actually provide several different optional "world histories" you can choose from (with notes highlighting the key differences) such as king / queen / joint rule, if the main character died killing the archdemon or not.. all of that. So that's a step up from ME2's "everything is renegade" style of automatic play.

Of course, it's probably because it's just the demo (and a fan-mod unlocker for character creation) but I also noted when I ran through the "import save" that while it tells you all the key plot points of your save.. it identified half of them as wrong for my saves... :sorcerer:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Of course, it's probably because it's just the demo (and a fan-mod unlocker for character creation) but I also noted when I ran through the "import save" that while it tells you all the key plot points of your save.. it identified half of them as wrong for my saves... :)

Same for me. Apparently Loghain killed the Archdemon valiantly... with Alistair as king. And Anora thrown in prison. Yay! :sorcerer:

"Overall it wasn't noticeably more difficult than normal. Just positioning, timing and cross class combos were more important and I had to pay more attention."

From your description, that seems noticabley more difficult.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Dark, epic cleavage.

That reminds me, if you create a black Hawke, will your entire family be black or will Hawke be adopted again?

The family will be black.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

i tried the demo last night on normal, it convinced me that I'm going to play the game on hard.

thoughts: game was more fun to look at than part 1, but the combat.... im not sure how I feel, its either going to end up a total disaster, or it will be not any worse than DAO, its definitely not going to end up better (though, "yay!" if im wrong)

more thoughts: femhawke has a weird nose, i will need to fix this in the real game.

more thoughts: i hate demos

more thoughts: I started up Awakening last night before trying the demo, i lasted precisely 3 minutes before turning it off, the first enemies in the game are MORE GODDAMN GENLOCKS AND HURLOCKS. I'm so sick of those two enemies it makes me crazy. At least the ones in DA2 look different than the ones in DA1, so im not sick of looking at them, even though they look stupid.

Anyway, the other problem I had with awakening? these exact same genlocks and hurlocks that i've been fighting since level 1 or whatever in DAO, well now they have like 100hp each. It doesn't make any goddamn sense, in dungeons and dragons/baldurs gate/ every other goddamn rpg, you don't keep fighting goblins once you hit level 5, and you ABSOLUTELY don't see any more goblins when you're at level 20, by then the regular enemies you fight are like vrocks and giants and ****, not goblins.

Imagine if in baldurs gate you just fought tasloi and bandits the ENTIRE GODDAMN GAME. no one would have liked it, and yet bioware doesnt seem to notice that they forgot to make some enemy variety in DA so you don't want to stab yourself in the face every time the same little turd piles run up to you.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Anyway, the other problem I had with awakening? these exact same genlocks and hurlocks that i've been fighting since level 1 or whatever in DAO, well now they have like 100hp each. It doesn't make any goddamn sense, in dungeons and dragons/baldurs gate/ every other goddamn rpg, you don't keep fighting goblins once you hit level 5, and you ABSOLUTELY don't see any more goblins when you're at level 20, by then the regular enemies you fight are like vrocks and giants and ****, not goblins.

You'd still meet those enemies on occasion, but they'd be dead in less than a second.

Save, of course, those epic gnolls.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

There's nothing really dark about Dragon Age (2). I thought BG2 had much darker themes and characters...

Decline of B.... ah forget it.

as far as we can tell, bio made two obvious mistakes regarding dark.

1) they confused dark with horror.

2) "dark, but not too dark"

when Gromnir pressed gaider regarding da:o darkness, we were told that bio would make da:o "dark, but not too dark." in the thread that sent us reeling from the bio boards, there were some number o' folks who admitted that they didn't like darkness, moral ambiguity, and hard choices in their crpgs. we were actual genuine surprised at the number o' peoples who lobbied for easy, clear, and bright. what is the freaking point o' choices if those choices is obvious and easy? lady shayna (sp?) were at the forefront o' the candyland proponents, but she were hardly alone. so, to appease the vocal minority, gaider says, "dark, but not too dark." how can you craft dark if you is being careful so as not to discourage the candylanders? the possibility o' dark in bio games died that day, and only Gromnir and a few other folks noticed.

for more than a few years Gromnir has been talking 'bout how bio attempts to make games for the mythical Average Gamer, but the truth is that bio is even more greedy than our descriptor implies. is not that bio is trying to appeal to the largest possible number o' games-- bio is genuine trying to make games that appeals to everybody. to us, such an approach is inherent flawed and necessarily leads to mediocrity. bio don't share our fears.

also, bio gots horror confused with dark. were branka and her experiments more dark than irenicus and his treatment o' his people in bg2? maybe. possibly. but if there were a difference in the dark level, that difference were slight. bio added "dark" to da:o content by making broodmothers monstrous... giving 'em tentacles, a diseased pallor, and additional breasts. is horror, not dark.

*shrug*

bio would benefit greatly if they woulds run some o' these ideas past Gromnir in the early stages o' development... save 'em much wasted effort.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

"Imagine if in baldurs gate you just fought tasloi and bandits the ENTIRE GODDAMN GAME. no one would have liked it, and yet bioware doesnt seem to notice that they forgot to make some enemy variety in DA so you don't want to stab yourself in the face every time the same little turd piles run up to you."

This myth has already destroyed. Enemy variety in BG1 espicially and BG2 as well is not any more than it is in DA.

" I thought BG2 had much darker themes and characters... "

Wrong.

"bio would benefit greatly if they woulds run some o' these ideas past Gromnir in the early stages o' development... save 'em much wasted effort."

Nah. They already have your money and gaming time. Hence why your opinion is irrelevant to them. they don't need to sell grom as Grom has already been bought.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

haha, wait, RPG of the decade that has just started? like 2011-2020? :p that's a very tricky way of luring suckers in

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.