Dragon Age 2

Gorth

I agree that the lack of proper iso view is difficult. I disagree that this means 'bye-bye tactical combat.'

Anybody know how does the autoattack work on consoles?

I read somewhere that there is no global switch, instead you have to activate it from menu for every single enemy. Is this true?

It's an excellent question. As much as I'd like to find the answer for you, that would be going onto the BioWare forums, and someone is posting thread titles with spoilers in it.

I hope it's a general option. I was lead to believe it was a general option. It would be stupid of BioWare to link it to the radial menu, but I fear that's the case.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I guess I'll never figure out now if the Gorthling spawn that Morrighan ran off with is going to be one half swamp with, one half Gorth and one half old dragon essence :ermm:

>_<

But there is always Youtube. Besides the warden won't be mentioned in DA2. It's all about Hawke and that manly chin(regardless of gender.)

Technology of DAII

Edited by Bos_hybrid
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

@ Volourn; If DA was so successful, why did they rape it like this?

I think both DA2 and ME2 have shown that current BIO has a habit of overfixing stuff.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Guest Slinky
Guess what? Going by the spoilers it sounds like this game has a

KOTOR2

style ending.

>_<

The reviews already have criticized about unsatisfying ending, so I guess no surprise there :ermm:

It would be stupid of BioWare to link it to the radial menu, but I fear that's the case.

I would love to know their reasoning behind this rather baffling decision. Damn.

Edited by Mera

*shrug* Tghat's true for pretty much every EVERY rpg ever. Heck, Fo can be betaen in less than an hour. EASY.

haha, c'mon, Volo. you can do better than that. fallout was designed that way, 10-minute speed runs aren't in any way representative of the game's length. >_<

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

The whole "the beginning is exaggerated" part seems to have been a bit too much for poor old Hassat. :ermm:

Oh, I've played beyond that (after the whopping 7 minute loading screen). Though it didn't seem to improve much. And then it crashed after the cutscene of the girl saving my brother and then vanishing which apparently let the game as baffled as me what the hell was going on.

That was my first and still lingering impression. I fear that this game is going to focus more on it's bad combat that on other things.

Seems so. DA:O's wasn't great, but it definitely feels like a step back. And then with more focus on it. I rather had origins than this.

A matter of taste. I didn't like it either.

Information previously easily accessible with one click now requires 5. And then is split so you have to do more to see all info, while it was all in 1 screen in DA:O.

That's hardly improvement is it?

Beg to differ, I was frantically trying to zoom out, wrestling with my mouse, trying to get some kind of overview of the mess going on on the screen. Bye bye tactical combat >_<

Same.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

The whole "the beginning is exaggerated" part seems to have been a bit too much for poor old Hassat. :(

Oh, I've played beyond that (after the whopping 7 minute loading screen). Though it didn't seem to improve much. And then it crashed after the cutscene of the girl saving my brother and then vanishing which apparently let the game as baffled as me what the hell was going on.

But you sure as hell weren't level seven at that point. :ermm:

I still think you guys are drinking your own brand of kool aid here. >_<

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

There seemed to be only a couple of actual changes to the combat in the demo.

1: the tactical view. You couldn't zoom out and around as you used to do. However, when a mage does an area attack...then you can freely roam around the map not linked to any particular character... (So it seems kind of weird they won't let you do that otherwise).

2: the animations/actions are sped up. so things happen at a quicker rate..and which also has faster cooldowns to go along with this... Although there were a few times they get stuck on the autoattack and won't actually do what you tell them...

3: the skills for the non-mages are a bit more "flashier" then they were. As if they were trying to follow a "rule of cool" more then anything else... Although I couldn't decide quite how successful that came across in the demo.

Apart from that.. it pretty much seemed as the combat was in DA:O. The sped up pace makes it a bit more awkward to hit pause and sort out what everyone in the party is doing... but it's still possible to do it.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

A matter of taste. I didn't like it either.

Information previously easily accessible with one click now requires 5. And then is split so you have to do more to see all info, while it was all in 1 screen in DA:O.

That's hardly improvement is it?

This is why I automatically cringe when I hear that a game I'm looking forward to is being developed "with consoles in mind". Somehow, the developers' brains just seem to go on hiatus when it comes to PC interfaces if they've been looking at the console side. Info in DA2 is more segregated (you've got the main skills page on one screen, but you have to click to go into each tree before seeing anything substantial about those skills? Why? Only answer I can come up with is "controller"), and this was my main beef with Oblivion as well. It was just too much work getting to the information I wanted for the game to be any fun. Never mind the (apparently) lame-brained plot line or the repetitive gates, it was the interface that killed that game for me.

I would say that I'm hoping they've improved the PC interface since the demo was put together, but at this point I find that I don't much care about DA2 any more. But it's a problem that seems to plague every single cross-platform game in some way, regardless. Am resigned to the fact that certain gameplay elements have to be altered to cater to all platforms, but I will never understand why the interfaces have to be borked as well. Am growing increasingly weary of tolerating it, as well.

There seemed to be only a couple of actual changes to the combat in the demo.

1: the tactical view. You couldn't zoom out and around as you used to do. However, when a mage does an area attack...then you can freely roam around the map not linked to any particular character... (So it seems kind of weird they won't let you do that otherwise).

2: the animations/actions are sped up. so things happen at a quicker rate..and which also has faster cooldowns to go along with this... Although there were a few times they get stuck on the autoattack and won't actually do what you tell them...

3: the skills for the non-mages are a bit more "flashier" then they were. As if they were trying to follow a "rule of cool" more then anything else... Although I couldn't decide quite how successful that came across in the demo.

Apart from that.. it pretty much seemed as the combat was in DA:O. The sped up pace makes it a bit more awkward to hit pause and sort out what everyone in the party is doing... but it's still possible to do it.

I dunno, seemed to me like the mage spells actually had longer cooldowns than in DAO. Apart from that, your comments pretty much sum up what my feelings are (and are also why I think that the ZOMG THEY RUINED DAO!!11 seems like total bs) :p

KOTOR2

style ending.

:p

What, do you mean that Hawke have to venture into the unknown regions of Thedas in search for

The True Darkspawn

? :sorcerer:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

KOTOR2

style ending.

What, do you mean that Hawke have to venture into the unknown regions of Thedas in search for

The True Darkspawn

More like

Dragon Age MMO confirmed!

KOTOR2

style ending.

The True Darkspawn

More like

Dragon Age MMO confirmed!

You're a very mean man :p

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

"I've heard (not from EA at all, or even official Bioware statements, or even NON-Official Bioware statements) that Bioware DID say DA:O was the best selling game they ever had (which could be where the foreign markets come in) in the Summer of last year...but the US numbers don't seem to indicate that."

Yeah, likely before ME2 was released/out for very long as well. L0LZ Or taken out of context. L0LZ

"haha, c'mon, Volo. you can do better than that. fallout was designed that way, 10-minute speed runs aren't in any way representative of the game's length."

hAHA, c'mon, Soro, you can do better than that. DA2 was designed that way, 23 hour speed runs weren't in any way representative of the game's length.

Mores eriously, Fo was a short RPG. Period. 20-25 hours was it's more 'serious' length. It was short deal with it. And, it didn't hurt FO's quality. Length is pretty much irrelevant.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

KOTOR2

style ending.

Yeah, what gives with that?

Revan The Warden has gone missing and now Hawke must follow

?

! if you're going to rip off an ending at least make it a good one.

...still excited for the game though.

KOTOR2

style ending.

Yeah, what gives with that?

Revan The Warden has gone missing and now Hawke must follow

?

! if you're going to rip off an ending at least make it a good one.

...still excited for the game though.

Actually

it's more or less that, yeah

The technology of DA2: "Dynamic lighting, pretty fire, pretty shadows, pretty shadows on the walls, pretty background"

Is BW becoming the Michael Bay of video games?

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

The technology of DA2: "Dynamic lighting, pretty fire, pretty shadows, pretty shadows on the walls, pretty background"

Is BW becoming the Michael Bay of video games?

Bioware gets criticized for out-of-date engine in DAO. Bio fixes engine. Obs board know-it-alls now call Bio Michael Bay of video games and yet wonder why nobody makes games for them.

What's wrong with Michael Bay?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

What's wrong with Michael Bay?

The romances and the linearity in his movies.

Yeah, it's not like Bio games have ever been anything but linear, and chock full of cringe-worthy romance. So it may be true that Bio is the Michael Bay of games, but it's certainly nothing new.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.