Dragon Age 2

Gorth

Trade secret ? Heh. Seeing that ~50% didn't finish the game is amusing though. How can you blame them for simplifying stuff, hah.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Trade secret ? Heh. Seeing that ~50% didn't finish the game is amusing though. How can you blame them for simplifying stuff, hah.

Too bad I, for one, have absolutely no idea what the average completion % is.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Happily, my enjoyment of things is not affected by what some arrogant **** on the internet thinks. I know it does matter to some people, one reason why some friends of mine avoid this place like the plague.
Good to know that you can handle the whole Obsidz boards experience. Funny though, that you felt the need to take a potshot and call names. Shows how strongly you don't care.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Too bad I, for one, have absolutely no idea what the average completion % is.

crazy-mass-effect-2-stats-and-what-theyre-used-for-20100903105831289_640w-620x.jpg

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

YES YES, I GET IT, MY INITIAL EXPRESSION WAS INACCURATE, I SAW THE HUGE TEXT THE FIRST TIME AROUND, I meant I was wondering how the 50 % compares to, say FONV on one hand or... I meant to say CODBLOPS on the other, but I think a lot of people don't even boot into SP in those, so I dunno what another suitable comparison would be.

Also, someone has to deflate the windbags. Or at least try to. :ermm:

p.s. And I mean, really, the "average" wasn't clear enough?!

Edited by Nepenthe

And, since I apparently need to elaborate things further, I'd like to point out that I might think that anyone who enjoys Bethesda RPGs is a ****tard, yet I stay out of the Skyrim thread. If I went there to proclaim this supposed opinion, I think people would be very correct in calling me an arrogant four-star. :ermm:

From Majek's info, I'm thinking we're gonna see a serious DLC treadmill with DA2. The "unfinishedness" of the story would suggest this, and the model adopted would enable it. Hm.

Edited by Nepenthe

Demo unlocker: http://mod.gib.me/dragonage2/demo/chargen.7z

Sadly, I just deleted my copy of the demo.

Extract this to My DocumentsBioWareDragon Age 2 Demo

It enables the appearance customization and other junk in the character generation screen. Note: to customize appearance, slide the preset slider over a few times (you can't customize the default faces for some

reason).

another note, it also enables the difficulty selection after you complete character generation, nightmare demo anyone?

dragonage2demo201103011.jpg

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Dragon Age: Origins

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Is that image photoshopped? I mean... the hair looks really weird. :S

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

No, that's the editor option ingame.

and http://social.bioware.com/forum/Dragon-Age...-6287347-1.html where else would i get the numbers?

A'ight, cheers; Did'nt see it when I went in there - must've been jumping between page 1 & 2.

Well friendly fire makes the combat difficult enough, but a few good placed AOEs still kill all of them fast. FF on Normal would have been fun enough, hardcore and nightmare are just not as fun.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

When ME2 came around, I remember there was a site that had listed a bunch of saves from ME1 that you could import. Is there anything like this for DA2 as well?

No. There's a vaguely similar site, but it hasn't been updated since before Awakening.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

thatisawoman.jpg

that is quite scary, yes it's female. :lol: And mom and sis changed a little as well. But after trying a few presets i still think i'll play default ones first.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

say FONV on one hand or... I meant to say CODBLOPS on the other, but I think a lot of people don't even boot into SP in those, so I dunno what another suitable comparison would be.

Here you go (for example)

Fallout New Vegas

About 95% complite "Ain't that a kick in the head". If racall this correctly, it means you complite character creation and walk outta docs house. Dunno what happens to that 5% :lol:

About 62% make it to next offical storyline mission "They went that a way". Obviously in open world game they can adventure hours and hours, but they don't care abou the story in that case. But they don't adventure long in that case, since about 61% make it to level 10.

Call of Duty Black ops

About 75% complited the first mission (this probably includes multiplayer only gamers, I can't belive that stat correct otherwise), only 70% complited second mission. Only about 45% complite the campaign at any difficulty.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

Guest Slinky

I just tried DA2 demo on 360 just out of curiosity.

A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A

5min and the demo got deleted.

Meanwhile, Italian reviewer and administrator of the TGM Online forum (and Italian online mag) "ToSo" (****ty username, btw) said that the game is not an RPG at all and that it lasts 21 hours. Imagine the chaos! :lol: He also added that despite not being an RPG it's a good game (he's still writing the review).

Post for anyone who wants a reference.

no. complexity has no inherent value. there is, sadly, a level o' education and experience that blinds an individual to the appreciation o' simplicity. as we has grown older and more experienced, we has gained greater appreciation for the elegance that accompanies enlightened simplicity. chess and go, as examples, is not terribly complex games. mastery o' such simple games can takes a lifetime o' dedication. produce endless wonder and challenge. is perhaps ironic that the genuine educated man and the child may takes joy from simplicity that eludes the apprentice or journeyman scholar.

*shrug*

is a matter o' opinion and taste, but am gonna suggest that derision o' simplicity is the result o' hubris born o' ignorance... lack o' experience and education.

HA! Good Fun!

Gromnir, old pal, I'm kind of surprised to see this from you. At your worst (best?) you resemble a chapter of Ulysses.

*chuckle*

fair enough. nevertheless, we do appreciate simple and elegant pleasures. as noted already, complexity got no inherent value. there is goals that one may not be able to achieve w/o complexity. even so, it is the goal that is admirable and not the ineffable solution. which is the superior character: a multi-dimensional characters with depth and breadth developed through dense literary allusion and rhetorical device such that only folks with a masters degree in literature will comprehend more than a fraction, or a similar multi-dimensional character with with Equal depth and breadth developed so that the bottom feeders frequenting game development boards may enjoy? is not the complexity that makes superior, but is hardest for the moderate educated to recognize that fact.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)