What are you playing now?

SteveThaiBinh

I reached level 20 in Rift. I'm starting to feel pretty studly, wandering the lands shutting down Rifts. I helped kill some giant yesterday as well, it was pretty intense, I think we had about 20 people attacking the guy.

I was also swimming out in the middle of nowhere and came across a chest with decent armor and some water breathing potions. There is a ton of cool stuff in this game.

I reached level 20 in Rift. I'm starting to feel pretty studly, wandering the lands shutting down Rifts. I helped kill some giant yesterday as well, it was pretty intense, I think we had about 20 people attacking the guy.

I was also swimming out in the middle of nowhere and came across a chest with decent armor and some water breathing potions. There is a ton of cool stuff in this game.

Hehe, welcome to raiding.

I've always stayed away from raids in other MMO's because they seem like work and I don't really want somebody yelling at me about how to kill a dragon, but when it is as simple as running up to a big rift in an area and hitting the join public group button, it makes it pretty accessible. You also are rewarded based on your contribution, so that works out good.

Restarted my Shogun game, Traded out Date for Chokosabe. My segmented empire would have worked if I'd not been so backwards about growing my armies.

My current Chokosabe game has me rockin out on my starting island, and then I'm in the process of an "invasion" of Satsuma. I say "invasion" because the nations over there are all christian and a couple of the provinces had Buddhist rebellions that I took advantage of. Only problem now is that due to nearby influence, I've got to keep making monasteries and pumping out monks to keep a few of my regions Buddhist, Including my capital (because I allowed foreign trade, the Europeans brought in Christianity).

One thing I think I forgot to mention was the revamped "family tree". Now, instead of M:TW2's or Romes tree where it starts with your first faction leader and then you can pick from any of the cousins, or anyone REMOTELY connected to your blood line, you only have the immediate family of your Daimyo that matters and then his brothers as generals. It's kinda cool actually.

I admit, I was happy a few turns ago because Motochica Chokosabe finally came of age, so in my head I can say that this guy is rampaging around Satsuma conquering towns.

331498.jpg

And I have mostly figured out how to defend castles. Basically you just stay inside and have a whole PILE of katana soldiers and a few archers, the archers do damage from the walls until the enemy is literally climbing to get em, then back off and the katana soldiers charge in and smash. Of course I've only done this once or twice and it was against a HUGE stack of Yari Ashigaru (I was using Yari Samruai, and a few naginata). The big thing here is that if you're catching the enemy as they JUST finish climbing the walls your soldiers can just tear them apart because they aren't a mass yet. This leads to pretty hefty morale damage that usually ends with them starting to flee before the last soldiers are up the walls. The main fight I pulled this off in I had 800 men against 2600, I managed to kill about 1900 of the enemy before loosing finally.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I've always stayed away from raids in other MMO's because they seem like work and I don't really want somebody yelling at me about how to kill a dragon, but when it is as simple as running up to a big rift in an area and hitting the join public group button, it makes it pretty accessible. You also are rewarded based on your contribution, so that works out good.

Admittedly, raiding in WoW takes a bit more organization as you need certain classes in the party but the "raiding" is the same, going to kill some big baddie.

How does it work in Rift? Say only dps and tanks happen to be in the raid, is it just a wipefest because no healers happened to wander by when a rift opened?

Admittedly, raiding in WoW takes a bit more organization as you need certain classes in the party but the "raiding" is the same, going to kill some big baddie.

How does it work in Rift? Say only dps and tanks happen to be in the raid, is it just a wipefest because no healers happened to wander by when a rift opened?

Most rifts can be closed pretty easily with a decent group, healers or no. There are also a lot of hybrid healer classes, so having no healing is fairly unlikely. Now there is the occasional big guy stomping around, and he would be a pain to kill with no dedicated healers, but you can always choose to run away from him.

Kunoichi

doesn't "kunoichi" mean "woman" in Japanese?

woman_kanji.gif

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Kunoichi

doesn't "kunoichi" mean "woman" in Japanese?

woman_kanji.gif

It's how ninja are generally referred to if they're female.

Woke up this morning and found out that after 3 days you guys are still talking about ninjas. >_<

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Just finished Homefront.

Disapointing. Installed the game. Then steam spends 2 and a half hours updating it. Then the single player campaign is about 4 or 5 hours long. It feels like they're either expecting to send out dlc that push it on, or have a sequel ready to go...

They pushed the whole "you'll make choices and see how being a resistance fighter effects the civilian population around you"... and bollocks. It's a straight, short first person shooter with no real choices in it. Just from point a to point b with some companions and shooting whatevers in the way.

Storywise, its quite good. (I mean, yes, its by the writer of Red Dawn and Apocalypse Now). They really do make you feel the horror of whats going on. The background effects of an oppressed citizenship... the brutality and such. But that's all just.. background. It doens't really connect to you, just events going on around you. Even the set piece where you end up hiding in a mass grave.

The shooter mechanics are pretty damn standard. Although they are brutal. A few hits and you will die. Which makes the checkpoint system really annoying at times. When you have to listen to the same few minutes of dialogue before walking in a doorway and getting shot repeatedly....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Trying to replay New Vegas still. But I think I'm still too familiar with it, so I'm kind of bored.

Fighting the urge to do a new Mass Effect 2 run. I lost my old profile, so getting the unlock powers again is tempting. Trying to wait until Arrival is released.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Just finished Homefront.

Disapointing. Installed the game. Then steam spends 2 and a half hours updating it. Then the single player campaign is about 4 or 5 hours long. It feels like they're either expecting to send out dlc that push it on, or have a sequel ready to go...

They pushed the whole "you'll make choices and see how being a resistance fighter effects the civilian population around you"... and bollocks. It's a straight, short first person shooter with no real choices in it. Just from point a to point b with some companions and shooting whatevers in the way.

Storywise, its quite good. (I mean, yes, its by the writer of Red Dawn and Apocalypse Now). They really do make you feel the horror of whats going on. The background effects of an oppressed citizenship... the brutality and such. But that's all just.. background. It doens't really connect to you, just events going on around you. Even the set piece where you end up hiding in a mass grave.

The shooter mechanics are pretty damn standard. Although they are brutal. A few hits and you will die. Which makes the checkpoint system really annoying at times. When you have to listen to the same few minutes of dialogue before walking in a doorway and getting shot repeatedly....

And they were selling that for $60 ? Yeesh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

And they were selling that for $60 ? Yeesh.

I've heard that the multiplayer aspect is very good... but that's not something I've played around with yet. Especially as they were heavily pushing the single-player storyline aspect of it.

I don't know, I just expected it to be a souped up style of Freedom Fighters. Or at least some elements of choice within it. Not such a linear, controlled event.

So yes, a disapointment.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

finished Red Alert 3

so cheesy. i wanted to skip the briefings, but at the same time i was thinking "surely it can't get worse, right?" :grin:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Bulletstorm. First FPS I'm playing in years, and it's a pretty fun romp, albeit a very sloppy console port.

Don't look at the textures, don't look at the characters when they are talking, and try to ignore the storyline. This way you'll get maximum enjoyment out of your game.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

finished Red Alert 3

so cheesy. i wanted to skip the briefings, but at the same time i was thinking "surely it can't get worse, right?" :grin:

What you didn't like the sexy women ? ;)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Bulletstorm. First FPS I'm playing in years, and it's a pretty fun romp, albeit a very sloppy console port.

Don't look at the textures, don't look at the characters when they are talking, and try to ignore the storyline. This way you'll get maximum enjoyment out of your game.

I think it looks just as good as any other U3 game. And I dont understand how it is a sloppy console port? A bad console port is something like Saints Row 2 that runs like ass on the fastest supercomputer and doesnt even have mouse support.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

finished Red Alert 3

What you didn't like the sexy women ? :lol:

i dunno, the one in the allied campaign looked really vacant sometimes

and jenny mccarthy as tanya was... interesting. particularly when she's supposedly undercover. which entails her holding a knife to some russian dude's throat. way to keep a low profile... ;)

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Did a bit more on my Chokosabe game, it's late enough that I won't be able to move fast enough to take the provinces I need, but here's a basic overview of my empire.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Calaxprimal/s...680317441338787

As you can see, I'm in a bit of a bind, I have less than 5 years to take another 10-15 provinces. For the record, the two Islands I'm invested in are ENTIRELY mine (the other colors on the place are my vassal states).