What are you playing now?

SteveThaiBinh

Playing Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King. I've been playing for 6 months on and off. Really good game.

I love that game! shame about the lv 60 dragon transformation, why does it take so long to lv up.

I don't know anything about level 60 Dragon transformation, lol. I'm still level 18/19/17/16. I guess the slow levelling up is just to make the player spend even more time with the game. I think all games in the series are like this. Slow paced and long time to level your characters. Luckily, I managed to find a spot on the world map with random metal slime encounters and I got some great exp when I actually managed to kill them(bastards tend to flee half the time). I enjoy the game because of the overall mood(soundtrack and world design). It's just the slow pace and the inability to save anywhere that annoys me. Even save points in dungeons would have been good. But other than that, I'm liking it. Visitied the shadow realm for the first time to help the mourning king of Ascantha and I'm now at Pickham, Yangus' hometown. Going to fight outside of town and try to experiment with different alchemy recipes.

Playing Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King. I've been playing for 6 months on and off. Really good game.

I love that game! shame about the lv 60 dragon transformation, why does it take so long to lv up.

I don't know anything about level 60 Dragon transformation, lol. I'm still level 18/19/17/16. I guess the slow levelling up is just to make the player spend even more time with the game. I think all games in the series are like this. Slow paced and long time to level your characters. Luckily, I managed to find a spot on the world map with random metal slime encounters and I got some great exp when I actually managed to kill them(bastards tend to flee half the time). I enjoy the game because of the overall mood(soundtrack and world design). It's just the slow pace and the inability to save anywhere that annoys me. Even save points in dungeons would have been good. But other than that, I'm liking it. Visitied the shadow realm for the first time to help the mourning king of Ascantha and I'm now at Pickham, Yangus' hometown. Going to fight outside of town and try to experiment with different alchemy recipes.

I just love the old school JRPG feel and the cel shading. I actually didn't know about the Dragon thing until after I beat the game a few times, that's why I felt like mentioning it. I didn't achieve the transformation until playing the game on an emulator with a tweaked exp gain. Also you should pick a walkthrough for the alchemy recipes, It won't ruin your game and help you immensely in terms of what to buy and sell beforehand.

Today I tried the Bullestorm demo and feel that Bulletcrap is a more appropriate moniker.

Currently doing a Drakensang RoT playthrough.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

ALWAYS ANGRY

ALL THE TIME

Dang IG deployed a Baneblade. I caused it to run away twice with minimal losses. The Tyranids deployed at least 3 Carnifex, but that is no match for the ANGRY MARINES.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Done with Gothic II. Loved the first 2 chapters and the xpack content, but decided Ch3/4/5 weren't worth playing. I don't think any Gothic or Risen has been fun past the halfway point - its not just the macguffin linearity, but the fact that high level game just isn't fun for me. I think the great fun in the early game is how challenging it is, how limited your resources are, and how you're running past / away from things you know you can't kill now, but can kill later. But that 'combat economy' often runs out, then in the lategame you're just introduced to completely new and strange creatures, often with souped up HP and attack (e.g. lizardmen), and it's not as if you get any new abilities or anything, either.

Not sure what to play next, don't see anything on the horizon till Witcher 2.

Playing Might and Magic 7 after the sixth.

I have fun playing those old games.

I actually found the cloth map that came with M&M6 the other day.

I did revisit the series a bit a year or two ago. My taste for such Old-Skool fare has waned over the years, though-- I just don't have the time to indulge the level of obsessive behavior that the games require to get anywhere. And, nostalgia aside, M&M games don't really have much beyond that to recommend them. But I do have a wholly subjective soft-spot for M&M, generally-- Might and Magic: Secret of the Inner Sanctum was the very first CRPG I played, on my uncle's C64.

I do occasionally still play M&M 4-5 (which allows your party to travel between the two settings when both games are installed on 1 hard drive) on my netbook. It's a good airplane time-passer.

Guest Slinky

Since Deus Ex: Human Revolution is going to get released sometime in the near future, I decided to play through the original Deus Ex again so I don't miss any references to it in human revolution.

And damn, it's been a while since the last time I played it, but it's still every bit as good as I remembered!

Really enjoying Rift, so far I've tried a few different classes as well as the two factions, and I think I've settled on one. At first I started as a Guardian warrior, because they looked like the good guys and I like to melee it up. I played for a couple levels, but then I read some folks I know were on the Defiant side, and I wanted to try a mage. My mage didn't last long, and then there were server queue's, so I started all over on a lower pop server with a rogue because they get guns and I like that.

I took my rifle toting Defiant giant looking guy to level 10. I was enjoying it, but I had to use a pet to survive and I wasn't a fan of that. So I decided to try a warrior again, but I didn't give the Guardian faction a fair shake before so I played through the introduction with a paladin/warlord/Void Knight. I loved the classes and the way he played, but the Guardians really are a bit too holy roller so I made a new warrior on the Defiant side. So far I'm at level 6 and I think I'm sticking with him.

Phew.

Lets see what am I playing currently...

Desktop:

Dragon Age: Origins, and A Farewell to Dragons.

Netbook:

Baldur's Gate and XCom

PS3:

Bulletstorm, Vanquish, and Front Mission Evolved

XBox 360:

The Eldar Scrolls IV: Oblivion, and Epic Dungeon.

Wii:

Nothing that I can recall... Usually R-Type when I do turn it on.

Edited by Nightshape

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Really enjoying Rift, so far I've tried a few different classes as well as the two factions, and I think I've settled on one. At first I started as a Guardian warrior, because they looked like the good guys and I like to melee it up. I played for a couple levels, but then I read some folks I know were on the Defiant side, and I wanted to try a mage. My mage didn't last long, and then there were server queue's, so I started all over on a lower pop server with a rogue because they get guns and I like that.

I took my rifle toting Defiant giant looking guy to level 10. I was enjoying it, but I had to use a pet to survive and I wasn't a fan of that. So I decided to try a warrior again, but I didn't give the Guardian faction a fair shake before so I played through the introduction with a paladin/warlord/Void Knight. I loved the classes and the way he played, but the Guardians really are a bit too holy roller so I made a new warrior on the Defiant side. So far I'm at level 6 and I think I'm sticking with him.

Phew.

Good to hear your thoughts. I started the Guardian Warrior and am at level 26 right now and am really enjoying it so far. I started a quick rogue but shied away a little on the amount of different abilities and opportunities available. I also started a Cleric and enjoyed some of that class a little, only a few levels, but so far, I'm really enjoying the warrior, even with the tons of abilities offered to me. I feel that about 10 levels or so ago, I really hunkered down and figured out the best combinations for my abilities in the way they need to be used and since then, I feel like it's really helped out a lot. I do look forward to going back to the rogue or even the mage, but in good time.

A Farewell to Dragons.

that's a Russian-made game, right? boy, for a 2009 title it sure looks like crap in videos...

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I bought DQVIII back in 2006 before FFXII came out. Started it but never finished it. Think I was about 1/4 way through the game when FFXII came out and then stopped playing it. Started playing it again last summer and was about 3/4 of the way through when my TV fried. By the time I got it replaced I was in the middle of playing Dragon Age and other PC games that I just never got back to finishing it. All my characters are around lvl 40 and it was a blast to play. Its probably my favorite JRPG since Final Fantasy IX. I really need to find time to go back and finish it before I forget where I was in the story.

After you finish with VIII I highly recommend picking up DQIX on the DS if you already haven't.

Phew.

I thought about playing Rift, even got a beta invite for it but never downloaded it because the opinions I got from my brother and friends were, "It's a WoW clone!". Since they had no plans of playing it at launch, I felt it was a waste of time to even bother with it. Now I'm reading good things about it and regret not beta testing it. Oh well, looking forward to Guild Wars 2.

A Farewell to Dragons.

that's a Russian-made game, right? boy, for a 2009 title it sure looks like crap in videos...

Its awful. Sometimes I play bad games... Helps fill out the spectrum. A Farewell to Dragons so far is a 3/10.

480-racing.jpg

Im still completely hooked on iRacing. What makes it even dumber is that Im mostly racing in the NASCAR leagues, because real cars on actual tracks that have corner are just too hard against the kind of nutjobs who uses iracing. People are taking that game waaaay too seriously.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I bought DQVIII back in 2006 before FFXII came out. Started it but never finished it. Think I was about 1/4 way through the game when FFXII came out and then stopped playing it. Started playing it again last summer and was about 3/4 of the way through when my TV fried. By the time I got it replaced I was in the middle of playing Dragon Age and other PC games that I just never got back to finishing it. All my characters are around lvl 40 and it was a blast to play. Its probably my favorite JRPG since Final Fantasy IX. I really need to find time to go back and finish it before I forget where I was in the story.

After you finish with VIII I highly recommend picking up DQIX on the DS if you already haven't.

I've heard good things about DQIX, but unfortunately I don't own a DS. Might get it if I decide to buy a 3DS in a year or two.

Still being angry for the emprah. Tried out using nothing but assault squads. Takes a while to start pumping those out, though.

Tried my hand at painting some Pretty Marines, but don't have a custom badge for them.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Since Deus Ex: Human Revolution is going to get released sometime in the near future, I decided to play through the original Deus Ex again so I don't miss any references to it in human revolution.

And damn, it's been a while since the last time I played it, but it's still every bit as good as I remembered!

I did the same thing last summer. But just remember: when you're done with Deus Ex, Invisible War is every bit as bad as you remembered. I forgot that part.

Everything was beautiful. Nothing hurt.

I did the same thing last summer. But just remember: when you're done with Deus Ex, Invisible War is every bit as bad as you remembered. I forgot that part.

Honestly, I think Deus Ex could have worked if they hadn't forced on the license and then had changed the ammo system.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Flight of the amazon queen, Beneath a steel sky, Indiana jones and the fate of atlantis on my android LG Optimus One P500. I cant' seem to get enough to playing games on it XD

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Flight of the amazon queen, Beneath a steel sky, Indiana jones and the fate of atlantis on my android LG Optimus One P500. I cant' seem to get enough to playing games on it XD

Try some Gobliiins

Guest Slinky

Heh, yeah, IW is pretty bad when compared to the original, but it's not that bad game. Horrible disappointment as a sequel? Yes. One of the worst examples of "streamlining"? Yes. A bad game? No.

Still, I'm hoping like hell Human Revolution will be closer to original DX than to IW..