Piracy

Mamoulian War

Nah. been there. Done that. I want to watch the movie in peace not with not morons nor do I want my hearingd estroyed with things going fullblast.

Unless the theatre experience has changed in the last 10 years or so (that's when I think I went for the lastime); I'll survive without. the only weakness from not going, imo, is movies are often spoiled for me. But, shrug, I'll live.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Theaters are awesome, you guys are missing out.

Nah, I find that girls these days don't go for the "**** in the popcorn" as they used to.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Nah. been there. Done that. I want to watch the movie in peace not with not morons nor do I want my hearingd estroyed with things going fullblast.

Unless the theatre experience has changed in the last 10 years or so (that's when I think I went for the lastime); I'll survive without. the only weakness from not going, imo, is movies are often spoiled for me. But, shrug, I'll live.

Perhaps the theater culture around these parts is different. At least people generally stay quiet and don't clap.

Plus, I don't have an awesome home cinema thing

the theaters around me have become increasingly worse over the last ten years.

5 out of the last 6 movies i saw in the theater, someone began talking on their cell phone in the middle of the movie. I'm not paying $11.00 to see a movie so some 50 year old dude can talk to his kid on the phone.

and god help me if there are teenagers in the theater. text text text text text text text

you know i can see your goddamn phone right!! the light is distracting you are ruining the movie i had to pay for this unlike you who dont have a job and all you do is take money from your parents and text on your text text text ahhhhhhh

so yeah, once movie prices either drop back down to $5 so i don't mind this stuff, or people learn some manners, im out. dvd at home for me please.

for the price of seeing one movie in the theater i can watch as many as i want on netflix.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

• 4 weeks later...

Good statement. I personally know several friends who were more adamant against Piracy than I originally...but now are rampant pirates. Why?

All of them, to a person...finally found a game that the DRM was simply too much...so they went and downloaded a cracked version...and they have been downloading the cracked versions ever since.

Me? My solution was simply to do more gaming on a console...hence my PS3.

Let me get this straight, your solution to not being able to play games (DRM) is to not be able to play games (Platform). Sounds like a solid plan. :rolleyes:

Let me get this straight, your solution to not being able to play games (DRM) is to not be able to play games (Platform). Sounds like a solid plan. :rolleyes:

He said he does more gaming on a console, not that he's given up on PC completely.

I'm in a similar situation, as now that I do the majority of my gaming on the 360 I've avoided many of the most complained about DRM (like being able to play Ubisoft games without needing an internet connection).

As I game on the 360, PS3 and PC, I've got all of their strengths and none of their weaknesses. MWAHAHAHAHAHA.

To tell the truth, there aren't many PC games being released in the US that are PC exclusive and that I'd like to play. Given that I've been a console plebian for many years (well since the Atari 2600, the C64 and Apple IIe not withstanding) I have not problem playing games on consoles.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Lucky for me the games with the "strongest" DRM aren't ones I really care to play.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

*sad*

That's why I won't buy FN:V, but do go for The Witcher II.

It's kind of sad actual titles I enjoy start forcing Steam, since draconic DRM seemed usually to be tagged to titles I really didn't give a **** about anyways.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I'd like to be a whining bastard again and point out that I have nothing aginst steam because firstly it sugars the pill with social and other tools, and secondly it ****ing works.

My experience with Ubisoft DRM over the last few months is that it knackers the games I buy and I can't play them, and that's ALL IT DOES. Meaning - although I haven't - that the only way I could play them is to pirate them FOR FREE. This is quite literally insane.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

*sad*

That's why I won't buy FN:V, but do go for The Witcher II.

It's kind of sad actual titles I enjoy start forcing Steam, since draconic DRM seemed usually to be tagged to titles I really didn't give a **** about anyways.

The Witcher 2 uses Securom. :*

CDProjekt announced some time ago the the Witcher 2 wouldn't use any DRM if you got it from GOG -- instead they were planning lawsuits against the pirates. Has this changed in the last few months?

Edit: Just saw the story than non GOG distributions will have SecuRom.. bleh

I'd like to be a whining bastard again and point out that I have nothing aginst steam because firstly it sugars the pill with social and other tools, and secondly it ****ing works.

My experience with Ubisoft DRM over the last few months is that it knackers the games I buy and I can't play them, and that's ALL IT DOES. Meaning - although I haven't - that the only way I could play them is to pirate them FOR FREE. This is quite literally insane.

You could also just download the crack and use it on your legitimately purchased game -- although that's always a bit risky because of all the fake cracks/trojans.

Edited by LostStraw

The Witcher 2 uses Securom. :ermm:

SecuROM beats Steam in my book.

I don't have to log in and be online every single time I have to game.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

even the steam version will use securom??

gog it is!

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Same here. I'd prefer to buy TW2 from GoG and avoid SecuROM but with my bandwidth cap it's a non starter unless I find someone local willing to cut me a DVD of their install files (and I'd no doubt run into the fact that "I've bought the game, honest, cut a brotha a DVD will you?" sounds just a touch dodgy)

I always get a chuckle from people who go apoplectic about SecuROM's one off activation- which in the case of TW2 will get patched out judging by TW1- yet love Steam's constant activation model.

Let me get this straight, your solution to not being able to play games (DRM) is to not be able to play games (Platform). Sounds like a solid plan. :ermm:

No, the solution is that DRM prevents me from playing the game at will. Console I don't have a problem with the installation and playing of the game. Even if it has a platform DRM associated with it, it's not the type like the PC which has never been a simple fix and sometimes does bad things to MY PC. Also don't have to worry about always connected to internet or occasionally connected to internet problems with a console like you do with some PC DRM.

I still play games on the PC however, and actively support games that actually work on my PC. I just finished another play through of ME2 recently, and wondering if Elemental: War of Magic has been patched enough at this point to not have to worry about the bugs that much...if so I might buy that one and play it.

Edited by greylord

He said he does more gaming on a console, not that he's given up on PC completely.
Oh, I miss interpreted the meaning then. My bad.

To tell the truth, there aren't many PC games being released in the US that are PC exclusive and that I'd like to play. Given that I've been a console plebian for many years (well since the Atari 2600, the C64 and Apple IIe not withstanding) I have not problem playing games on consoles.
I guess when you say "PC games being released" you really only mean AAA titles, not PC games as a whole ?

There's zounds of PC games being released every year from smaller studios, none of which will ever see console port, and some of those are quite enjoyable.

• 6 months later...
Russia is our (2nd) biggest market = lots of key resellers.

Valve does not sell keys. All keys are publisher sales, not Steam.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."