FO: NV (General Discussion)

Hey, thank you very much for responding, but

Also, what's the reasoning behind allowing only one human companion?

Was hoping to go with either Cass/Arcade along with Veronica.

Oh yeah, all of your textures are compressed into that .bsa.

For the companions, there are a few reasons:

* It makes the game way easier to have two human companions whom you can equip.

* Reduces logical complexity in a variety of scenarios.

* Memory. It's hard enough to account for the player's various equipment loadouts in an area. Three human characters with potentially any weapon or armor -- that gets really hard to deal with.

You forgot ai... one companion can already be a pain in the arse in a lot cases. Not to forget if they decide to get stuck somewhere and you have to search them.

I would love to take more companions with me, but it's really not a good idea with that engine (and for me personally, with that gameplay).

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

* Memory. It's hard enough to account for the player's various equipment loadouts in an area. Three human characters with potentially any weapon or armor -- that gets really hard to deal with.

I definitely preferred/enjoyed the party mechanics in Kotor2 more. But then again FO:NV is, for me at least, as enjoyable if not moreso without any companion at all, so it kind of evens out. ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I don't have issue with knowing what area the NPC is in, but exactly where in the area/compound etc. is another story. The areas are so huge sometimes I run around & run around because I can't recall if they're upstairs or in the left wing or the right wing or in this tent or that tent.

Oh well....yellow notepad time. Or stop solving side quests. ;p

I usually just switch from world map to local map at that point.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

The Gambling trait is missing, which should be in considering FNV brought back gambling. Love playing the slots.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Just did the Vault 34 quest, excellent area!

Also, just trekked through a long-ass canyon type of thing filled with Cazadores. That was rather painful overall but I was rewarded with finding a Super Mutant corpse with a Fat Man on it.

There are people on the Bethsoft forums complaining that the exploration isn't as good in New Vegas as in F3 but I find that they really cut back on the tedium and introduced some really good locations. The settlements feel quite different from one another (and actually feel like settlements). Perhaps the most fun thing about exploring New Vegas is that there is a real chance that you're gonna die horribly if you're not careful.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Thanks.

Just got to the Brotherhood of Steel bunker.

Unsure why they chose to go with generic FO3 music instead of Metallic Monks. Which is, to be honest, a real shame. Aw.

To be honest, the Brotherhood bunker feels very unfinished anyway. First the used graphic set is just bleh, then how the map is build up, etc. Feels like it was a rushed we-are-close-to-end-of-the-dev-cycle location. Quests and dialogues in this area the same.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

What's with the deathclaw difficulty? Even at the maximum level, my party is toast if we come across more than one deathclaw.

I can solo through areas with Nightkin, Super mutant masters, and any other enemies. But one friggin' deathclaw gives me no end of trouble.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

the common deathclaws go down in 2 hits (the first should be to the head though). but the Alpha male put up quite a fight...

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

What's with the deathclaw difficulty? Even at the maximum level, my party is toast if we come across more than one deathclaw.

I can solo through areas with Nightkin, Super mutant masters, and any other enemies. But one friggin' deathclaw gives me no end of trouble.

Ever since I got the Anti-Material rifle I haven't had a problem with them.. of course I kill 4 before the 5th reaches me..

Fortune favors the bald.

To be honest, the Brotherhood bunker feels very unfinished anyway. First the used graphic set is just bleh, then how the map is build up, etc. Feels like it was a rushed we-are-close-to-end-of-the-dev-cycle location. Quests and dialogues in this area the same.

Yeah, I had hoped it would feel more like the FO1 bunker ;)

Also, after speaking to the Elder, some random members came to me all like "rawr Veronica has always twisted the founder's principles to her own ends. We will not stand idly by and allow her to corrupt our Elder's thinking!"

And then they proceeded to unbind my hotkeys. It was terrifying.

And seriously, they did. All my hotkeys for weapons and such were gone, for whatever reason.

I hope you have a high speech skill ;) you'll need it shortly

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Those Brotherhood guys.

I used the Q-35. VATS up a headshot, it shows two bars of damage. "I'm so screwed," I think. It fires. Critical Hit and he's goo in one shot. Target another. Goo. Third. Goo. Fourth? I let Veronica punch him. He's using a 10mm.

Meltdown is awesome, FYI. But be very careful with it. I fired a plasma rifle headshot on a nearby fiend. Sneak Attack and he blows up. This Sneak Attacks the fiend next to him, who blows up. Both of these explosions sneak attack Veronica and ED-E, who are barely left alive.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

There are people on the Bethsoft forums complaining that the exploration isn't as good in New Vegas as in F3 but I find that they really cut back on the tedium and introduced some really good locations.

YES! Due to FO3 I have a pathological hatred towards the DC metro. :sorcerer:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

There are people on the Bethsoft forums complaining that the exploration isn't as good in New Vegas as in F3 but I find that they really cut back on the tedium and introduced some really good locations.

YES! Due to FO3 I have a pathological hatred towards the DC metro. :sorcerer:

Eh. Try taking the Red Line to work everyday.

YES! Due to FO3 I have a pathological hatred towards the DC metro. :p

Speaking of, I think I found a subway entrance. And I can't bring myself to open that door.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

72 hours into the game. Still doing some sidequests Just obtained a power armor training recently and feel a bit safer.

I find the world pretty dense and appreciate that the 'dungeons' are smaller than in FO3.

I think that money is a bit too easy to earn, maybe because I'm playing an easy character. After having bought 5 implants I have still 40k caps.

I've tested the grenade-machinegun today and it's somehow fun. First I thought it's a bull**** weapon and as ridiculous as the Fatman. But it's not bad and looks cool... doesn't seem to be much more worse than a minigun from logical point of view.

Fatman is still a bull**** weapon, because of the nucular catapult thingy, tho'. I am happy it's very rare in the game.