FO: NV (General Discussion)

I guess .45-70 is pretty rare because only veteran rangers carry weapons that use this ammo type (hunting revolver, brush gun). Which is a pity, since the Ranger Sequoia is the best revolver in the game and can be obtained pretty quickly.

There's the console, though..

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

In my game it's the 12.7mm ammo (which is actually .50 ammo with a different name) that's scarce. That sucks because I love that pistol.

Just because it has the same measured caliber it doesn't have to be similar at all. Case in point, .50 AE and .50 BMG.

Clearly just better to use 12,7mm and .50 separately than to confuse people even further by differentiating "pistol-type" and "rifle-type" .50 ammo in some other way...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Truth be told I played most of the game through with the Ratslayer. On the whole its dirt cheap, and kills almost everything in one hit.

My other weapon is Lucky (.357 unique revolver). I just blew Benny's head off with it. I'm level 25 and quite pleased with the way my char can pass every single skill check and still murder everything with a sniper.

My third weapon is the Gobi Sniper Rifle, which takes care of the heavier enemies.

I'll be exploring and questing until I hit level 30 and then its time to see what the endgame is like.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

It was a bug, but it was fixed with the patches. Does anyone know a caravan player whop is filthy rich by any chance? I used to be able to play for hundreds of caps, but now its just pocket money

Hmmm I have the game set to autopatch in Steam.....

EDIT: Restarting Steam seems to have me d/l something though :-

Edited by Thorton_AP

ha! you're right, a striking resemblance :-

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I did the Repconn HQ last night, and afterwards I finally switched my loadout to 100% energy weapons. I had been carrying around a few conventional firearms for utility use, but I realized that it had been a long time since I had actually used them. Now I'm running around with a Laser Pistol, a Laser Rifle with the 2 good mods I've found, a Laser RCW (haven't used it much yet, but it's just so damn cool!), and the unique Plasma Rifle from the Repconn HQ.

I did have to switch out my Laser Rifle once, though, because I mistakenly installed the "beam splitter" mod that does nothing but make the weapon demonstrably less effective. It splits the LR's DAM into 3x(smaller DAM), kind of like a shotgun, but without the spread of pellets. I could see it as an interesting choice, if it actually added up to a larger aggregate DAM v. unarmored opponents. But when I had it and a slightly-inferior-condition unmodded LR in my inventory, they had the same DPS, and the "3x(smaller DAM)" was within rounding distance of the DAM of the unmodded rifle. Something is broken with how that particular mod works.

I'm now level 14, and started heading to Vegas for the first time before going to be last night. Ditched my human companion before doing so, though. Veronica was irritating (and I don't trust the BoS all that much), and Boone doesn't seem like the kind of guy you want to have along on a weekend in Vegas.

Today I finally managed to find me a hunting shotgun, only to discover that someone got the scale wrong when importing it into the game. It's ridicilously huge compared to its real-life size and those of other rifles in the game. It looks so silly I cant bear to use it. If I knew how, Id make a special version of the 1887 lever shotgun with the same stats, but i cant be bothered with GECK

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I've been tempted to start pumping the skill to use Laser guns, because I keep finding the coolest sounding special lasers. I love the Nikola Tesla references...

P.S. I don't like swimming in FONV.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm probably the last to notice.

sdasdn.jpg

I actually had not noticed. I keep hoping to find a blind old woman, though.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

do you have the water breathing thingie?

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Swimming isn't great in this or any of Bethesda's Havok Engine games, but if you do get the rebreather from Jack, check out Lake Mead Cave, right by the sunken bomber (part of the Boomers questline). There are underwater art assets in that cell which I don't believe are used anywhere else in the game, and it looks quite nice.

Of course, considering how weirdly stiff the swimming is (and how you can neither sneak nor fight while submerged), you can also understand why the Lake Mead Cave is the only location of its type in the game.

A dull boy.

i kept expecting something REALLY cool in the cave, but couldnt find much other than some rare ammo.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Nope. I figured there'd be one somewhere, but I haven't run across it yet. It's not the breathing that bothers me, it's just awkward overall. And companions don't seem to like it much either.

Other:

--Couldn't there be an option to show a mini-map in one corner, if a player wanted? It gets so annoying having to constantly hit TAB to pull up the PipBoy mid-jog all the time.

--too...many...factions w/side quests! lol ... don't get me wrong, the choices are great. But I think I'm going to have to ignore some of them for other playthroughs!

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The Pipboy is the single worst RPG interface in the last 5 years, at least. It's even worse than Oblivion, in that at least that one didn't lag and flicker and jolt every other time you opened it. Seriously, it's FOUR CLICKS to turn on/off the radio, four + scroll for a stimpack. You don't even have to change the whole thing. Just let people map I to pipboy inventory, M to map, etc. Maybe Obsidian didn't have time but I can't believe some people give this one a free pass, it's like saying King's Bounty had a good story.

Anyway, my playthrough continues, and I've just reached Novac. Caravan is officially too easy, and it almost feels like a money-making cheat at the moment, so hopefully some better players turn up. Hardcore Mode's food/sleep/water meters are very loose (probably a reaction from Spirit Meter complaints) but hardcore + hard is suitably challenging for a terrible shooter like me. Hoping to level up then repair a certain robot.

The Pipboy is the single worst RPG interface in the last 5 years, at least. It's even worse than Oblivion, in that at least that one didn't lag and flicker and jolt every other time you opened it. Seriously, it's FOUR CLICKS to turn on/off the radio, four + scroll for a stimpack. You don't even have to change the whole thing. Just let people map I to pipboy inventory, M to map, etc. Maybe Obsidian didn't have time but I can't believe some people give this one a free pass, it's like saying King's Bounty had a good story.

Anyway, my playthrough continues, and I've just reached Novac. Caravan is officially too easy, and it almost feels like a money-making cheat at the moment, so hopefully some better players turn up. Hardcore Mode's food/sleep/water meters are very loose (probably a reaction from Spirit Meter complaints) but hardcore + hard is suitably challenging for a terrible shooter like me. Hoping to level up then repair a certain robot.

That's not really the pipboy's fault. The control scheme simply isn't properly adapted to the PC. It's the exact same control scheme as the 360. That's why we hold down buttons for functions that should be independently bound and have no bindings for half the sensible functions.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I have a problem in that I don't like any of the factions enough to feel like supporting them very much. They're all a bunch of busy-bodies who take my weapons & clothes and tell me to do silly errands. Can I kill them all? :x

Edited by LadyCrimson

I have a problem in that I don't like any of the factions enough to feel like supporting them very much. They're all a bunch of busy-bodies who take my weapons & clothes and tell me to do silly errands. Can I kill them all? :x

Yeah, I guess.. but that would probably make the game difficult. o:)

Fortune favors the bald.

Yeah, I guess.. but that would probably make the game difficult. o:)

I dunno....I have the feeling only a few npc's are truly necessary. But you'd miss out on lots of quests, yes. :x

My favorite aspect of the game is the wandering/regenerating enemies, as well as a few scripted events/fights that I've run into. I guess I'm not a big quest after quest after quest person. I try, but....the open road keeps calling.

I just got further into the main story and lol..Mathew Perry's voice work is some of the worst I've ever heard in gaming history. I guess the idea was to bring more life into the characters by adding Chandler Bing, but it failed hard and that should've been picked up by the team at the beginning of the session. Ignoring that, though, a lot of quests and decision making opportunities are opening up and so the game looks like it's going to be getting fun again.

And oh, as I thought, I just added +1 points to my Luck and I'm pretty deadly with Guns now. I don't really see why Luck should play such a huge factor in hitting/damaging a target when your actual gun skill is already so high, but ok.