FO: NV (General Discussion)

Game isn't as crashy as I feared. After the poor first impression where the game crashed in the first hour of gameplay I've put in another 9 hours with no crashing yet (hope I didn't jinx myself!).

Really enjoying the game so far. I'm down to Nipton trying to figure out whats going on. I JUST WON THE MOTHER******* LOTTERY! >_<

Well, just lost Rex somewhere in New Vegas.

Any idea if there's a console command to teleport him back to me? I think he got stuck somewhere and I can't find him.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Any idea if there's a console command to teleport him back to me? I think he got stuck somewhere and I can't find him.

There's a glitch where if you tell him to go the Lucky 38 to wait for you..he instead returns to the Kings School of Impersonation...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm sure I'm late to the party, but that's because I don't have F:NV yet.

1.4 million in first week USA, more UK sales than FO3?

Feargie got done slam dunk!

Only 100K on PC. Shame on you pirates. But yeah, VGChartz probably has to be taken with a grain of salt.

Edit: I wonder if that counts on-line sales anyway.

It probably doesn't, which means it's at least twice that.

You can try "player.moveto rex" assuming he still is in a valid area.

Fallout: New Vegas loads slowly? Then I'm guessing my SSD is working, because entering and exiting locations is basically instantaneous for me.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

What if the companion is lost in a console version?

I own the PC version personally but I know a friend playing on PS3 who lost Veronica.

After a week or so your companion should automatically return to some pre-determined location.

You'll get a message when it happens.

Just wanting to say: loving this game so far but...how could Obsidian screw the companions quests so much? so full of bugs & glitches...

Really Obsidian, I am forgiving for a lot of things, but effin up the companions until some patch dares to point out... hell not even Jesus would forgive you.

Edited by yoomazir

the majority of players don't give a damn about companions, I didn't even realize they had quests. I see them as mules, nothing more.

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I doubt I'll be finishing the game any time soon - real world calling.

Overall I'd say its a good game. What I don't like about it really boils down to things I didn't like either with fallout 3 (engine, interface, inventory, graphics) or with the Fallout universe itself, which has become progressively wackier and wackier (in a way that irritates me) since the original.

I mean, a t-rex toy gift shop?

Its just not my idea of a post apocalyptic world. Stalker was more post apocalypse for me - and it doesn't even belong to that genre strictly speaking.

I'd like to commend whoever did the guns, and whoever insisted on the wild west theme. The soundtrack is nice as are the sound effects. The voices are average, everything is delivered in the same monotonous way and most characters have very childish/soft voices.

I can't comment on the story seeing as I only got to Lucky 38 so far, but its interesting enough to hook a player in - unlike Fallout 3. The writing is a bit lazy, but I guess the console kids cant strain their brains to read more than two sentences in one go so, whatever....

The grade I'd probably give FNV would be 85-89%, which is a sort of silver medal. KOTOR II is still my favorite Obsidian game - this would be a close second.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Its just not my idea of a post apocalyptic world. Stalker was more post apocalypse for me - and it doesn't even belong to that genre strictly speaking.

hmmm, have you read the original book? or seen the movie? to me it's very post-apocalyptic :(

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

hmmm, have you read the original book? or seen the movie? to me it's very post-apocalyptic :(

I haven't read the book and the movie is one of my all time favorites. The small area called the Zone exists in the real world, which in either case is untouched. Hard to say its post apocalypse considering there was no global scale "apocalypse".

Apart from that, it does have a post apocalyptic atmosphere... without an apocalypse. Go figure.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

The small area called the Zone exists in the real world

yeah, I was born 100 kilometers north of it :( good thing my family moved in 1985

Walsingham said:

I have to agree. I wish they had gone more in a Stalker-ish way when designing the game, instead of this Disney-ish tone. I mean, I absolutely love this game, but I just personally prefer the ominous atmosphere from the Stalker apocalypse more.

I do love the weapons, the world, the characters, the quests and all the little details though. Right now I'd rate it 9/10. I really hope Obsidian keeps this level of quality up for their upcoming projects.

I have to agree. I wish they had gone more in a Stalker-ish way when designing the game, instead of this Disney-ish tone.

but this is what Fallout is all about. the bombs had fallen back in 2077, but life didn't stop after that. it's not like an anomaly, that can cover and morph the whole territory and it's inhabitants. Fallout is not about the wasteland itself but about the impact the war had on the society.

Walsingham said:

I should probably mention that I am using Wasteland (1988) as a reference point for my post-apocalyptic vision. I was never a big Fallout fan.