FO: NV (General Discussion)

I've got an odd question, as I've noticed something. I've checked out the texture for the Crimson Caravan sign in Fallout: New Vegas, as something felt very familiar about it. After adjusting the aspect ratio and checking it out in Photoshop, it turns out that the texture is a near-perfect match for my recreation of the Caravan logo from Fallout 1 I made for The Vault. The margin of error is, at worst, 2 pixels, so I guess the author of the texture simply took my recreation and used it.

Not that I feel bad about it, on the contrary, I'd like to know if it's true, as then, as insignificant as it is, I've helped make New Vegas >_<

You know, I'm really enjoying this game despite the massive amount of bugs/glitches but I was wondering, will Obsidian ever make another Fallout game? I think they probably got free card this time by Zenimax because of the Van Buren legacy, so they could port most of the plot/ideas.

But like I said, I really love this game, it fits way more into the Fallout universe than Fallout 3, I just wish Obsidian could make more Fallout games.

Turning the mouse turns the bobby pin. Then the W key to check if it'll turn. I find the trick is to not press the W key for a long time because that increases strain/breakage of the pin. Just tap the key long enough to see if the lock is going to turn at all. If it 'feels' loose/turns then press it slightly longer each time while moving the pin in small increments.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

OK, as usual, I always read how people spend 50, 60 hours and then get disappointed. ;) Map-wise I am now nearing the Strip and I've probably clocked in 25 hours or less. Still not bad, but I feel like I'm missing something - Boulder City had one quest, there was nothing to do at Camp Golf besides talk to a couple of people, same with Hoover Dam. Maybe I'm meant to come back later?

The game balance also seems to have the all-too-familiar tipping point. I'm level 12 now and similarly to FO3, when after Level 10 you were really a god (a particularly rich God, at that), there's not too much challenge going on. Granted, it's probably because I have two companions, but I expected more from Hard/Hardcore. I'm hoping things will change when I start fighting more organised peeps, though. Currently going back to the areas I've passed through and exploring the nooks and crannies more.

I think after my first playthrough I'll fiddle with the GECK and see if there's an easy way to increase prices of everything in the stores by 25%, reduce all ammo drops by 25%.

Yeah, I thought I'd go wacky on the second playthrough. I've tagged Speech, Sneak & Guns this time with a liberal investment on Science, next time I'll probably do something a bit weirder as well.

Cazadors are worse, even the small ones can kill you with two bites

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I kinda bitched earlier about how easy it is to kill most stuff even with a low Guns skill. But I must say, this time around I'm using a character with more focus on Guns and being able to VATS shoot critters like Cazadores in the wings before they get close to you is a huge help.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Exactly, cazadores were really really annoying, until I learnt to stick Boone on them. I'm sure I've missed all sorts of goodies, but I'm still going on my 10mm Pistol & magnum - and I just sit and watch as Boone takes care of at least 2 cazadores before they even get to him, even at their crazy speed. All I need to do is use VATS to get the rest in the wings as Starwars says.

The robots might have been challenging,

as I triggered the alarm in the REPCONN HQ

, but I picked up Robotic Expertise, and I avoided the nightkin in the

REPCONN facility

using Stealth Boys. Otherwise, no real combat challenge yet since early game.

there was nothing to do at Camp Golf besides talk to a couple of people, same with Hoover Dam. Maybe I'm meant to come back later?

exactly. there's a couple of quests at camp Golf, and Hoover Dam is the end-game area (but it does have a small optional quest a bit sooner)

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

The "problem" with these types of games, imo, is the difficulty is often dictated by what you do within the game. If you do every quest you encounter, pick up/sell everything, play caravan/gamble until you're rich, use companions all the time, etc, it's definitely not a hard game beyond the first 5-7 levels or so. But if you don't use companions/explore than you feel like you're missing half the game or whatnot. Always a conundrum.

I'd suggest Very Hard, don't play caravan, and no human companions - or at most, hire them then leave them in a room for the entire game on 'wait' (you still keep their perk).

In terms of time...most of mine is spent exploring. Walkwalkwalkwalkwalk......I think I'm finally getting close to having seen the whole above-ground map w/1character.

(edit) I would like it more if I didn't feel like I leveled up so fast, too.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I don't think Hardcore really added much to the general difficulty of the game.. it just added a higher level of annoyance over weight limits... :thumbsup:

One slightly random thought, does Ceasar's Legion react any differently if the main character is female?

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I think Hardcore's main change is the healing over time which can really change some combat situations. Other than that, I don't really view it as difficult, more as a second layer of managing for the people who like that (I do).

There are a few comments about you being female in CL, and I hear that you can't fight in their arena, but other than that there's not a big change I think.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I finally got around to visiting Benny, that guy from friends really did not make much of an effort there. Sounds like he just went into the soundbooth, read the lines from a paper and left to collect his paycheck.

"Doing voiceovers for a videogame?! Geez, who do you think I am? David Schwimmer?!?!"

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

If you're overwhelmed, using Turbo is very effective. It turns you into Max Payne for 10 seconds or so allowing you to quickly blow away everything. Only drawback is that this drug is very addictive (but with good Medicine skill you can craft Fixer anyway).

Steady is also pretty fun. It allows you to use a shotgun as a hunting rifle, basically.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.