What are you playing now

Pidesco

Still playing New Vegas, checking out the stuff I skipped on my first playthrough. But I also started Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Command & Conquer. Forgot how much I hate the Delphi mission.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I have a free day today so I'm going to play FONV until I drop. I love my life.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Old platform games are great for killing an odd hour or two. Flashback: The Quest for Identity - remembered for its fluid rotoscoped animations, but it's more than just Prince of Persia with guns.

post-144-1288969873_thumb.png

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

flashback was such a stellar game, i never finished it though, and now i lack the patience cause im old and grumpy

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

flashback was such a stellar game, i never finished it though, and now i lack the patience cause im old and grumpy

I know. Waves of casual gameplay wash over me like bad booze and drain my will to play serious games.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

it sucks really, but I have no one to blame but myself.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I picked up the English version of River of Time today, plus the Dragon Knight saga.

River of Time has a pretty fantastic, very detailed manual, which I didn't expect considering how minimal the marketing for the game had been outside Germany. Hopefully the voice-over & dialogue in English will be of the same quality.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Playing Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga. If this is the new graphics engine, I'd hate to see the old one. Pretty fun, nontheless.

The game's streamlined for sure. In Ego Draconis I was at least 2 levels lower when I met Talana, meaning I couldn't just run around everywhere without getting owned if I wasn't careful.

There also seem to be new dialogue options and armour/weapon sets, even in the first area, which is nice.

New Vegas looks tons better, if that's what you're implying. This game reminds me of Neverwinter Nights 2.

Playing Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga. If this is the new graphics engine, I'd hate to see the old one. Pretty fun, nontheless.

I don't see much difference in graphics quality with the original, tbh. Textures just look shinier and more sharp.

I'm more concerend about the gameplay. The original game was much more challenging because for instance magic missiles & arrows couldn't be dodged, meaning you were guaranteed toast if you met enemies with explosive arrows, unless you outleveled them by 5 levels.

New Vegas looks tons better, if that's what you're implying. This game reminds me of Neverwinter Nights 2.

It doesn't remind me of NWN2, that's more up Drakensang's alley.

Fallout 3 for the moment. I'm taking a break from FNV for the time to think if I really want to side with Mr. House.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

So yeah, rendering a verdict here on Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga. I like it. It's not open, the customization isn't deep, my mage is currently doing better with his sword than his rank 5/5 magic missile, but it's fun. Dodging arrows and all that.

Shattered Horizon free weekend is finishing up today so I've been getting in some more time while there are people around. Had a few good matches and one "rivalry" with another player that was pretty evenly matched until the last round when he went around 7-1 against me. The last battle match I played went so well. We managed to get the enemy down to 2 of 7 control points and then it was like they realized that the match had started and steamrolled my team.

I think I'm finally starting to get the hang of the weapons again. Last time I tried to play after the introduction of the new weapons I just got my ass handed to me all over the place. Assault Rifle for Skirmish, Shotgun for Assault/Battle. I still like the old one gun system better. Hitscan weapons are so much easier to use. :D

Just finished a marathon 1.5 hour game of Company of Heroes Online.

Red Ball Express is one of my least favourite maps for a number of reasons, it's like a bowling alley rather than a fire-and-move map. My Blitz commander got stuck at the northernmost VP, tied down by a fairly skilfull Ami Inf commander micro-ing MGs, mortars, AT with the odd blast of ranger attacks. We fought to a stalemate at this point, but he took the VP (damn that forward operating base ability, there's a house next to the VP he set it up in using a clever tactic of making a mortar off the bat to dislodge the MG team he knew I'd put in there to cover the point early doors).

An all-arms defence (not good for a blitz commander) of AT guns, nebs and MGs allowed me to hold the line before I cranked out some armour. The American teams (this map is a 3 V 3) attacked with an armour heavy force up the centre of the map (I felt like I was letting the other two guys down as they'd taken their VPs) allowing us to arty-spam them with rockets and reactive arty. In the end the whole thing got very messy and it was a win on the tick-down timer to us with 2 VPs in the bag and one white with neither side in control.

What I learnt from it is that on that map you need to go much further forward, but in my humble the way it's configured allows the Allied commander an advantage in that the gaps in hedgerows and terrain favour early inf spamming (and the early US game is all about spamming infantry).

Anyway, am now level 35 but still nowhere near as good as I should be! Lest we forget, this game is completely free.

sonsofgygax.JPG

plus the Dragon Knight saga.

So is it a continuation, or just a remastering?

DKS is both. It's Ergo Draconis + some new quests and changes (supposedly, but I never played Ergo Draconis) and a new adventure called Flames of Vengeance.

Edited by Tale

Just finished a marathon 1.5 hour game of Company of Heroes Online.

Red Ball Express is one of my least favourite maps for a number of reasons, it's like a bowling alley rather than a fire-and-move map. My Blitz commander got stuck at the northernmost VP, tied down by a fairly skilfull Ami Inf commander micro-ing MGs, mortars, AT with the odd blast of ranger attacks. We fought to a stalemate at this point, but he took the VP (damn that forward operating base ability, there's a house next to the VP he set it up in using a clever tactic of making a mortar off the bat to dislodge the MG team he knew I'd put in there to cover the point early doors).

An all-arms defence (not good for a blitz commander) of AT guns, nebs and MGs allowed me to hold the line before I cranked out some armour. The American teams (this map is a 3 V 3) attacked with an armour heavy force up the centre of the map (I felt like I was letting the other two guys down as they'd taken their VPs) allowing us to arty-spam them with rockets and reactive arty. In the end the whole thing got very messy and it was a win on the tick-down timer to us with 2 VPs in the bag and one white with neither side in control.

What I learnt from it is that on that map you need to go much further forward, but in my humble the way it's configured allows the Allied commander an advantage in that the gaps in hedgerows and terrain favour early inf spamming (and the early US game is all about spamming infantry).

Anyway, am now level 35 but still nowhere near as good as I should be! Lest we forget, this game is completely free.

Monte, I've found that usually on VP maps there's one close to axis, one close to Allies, and one in the center.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.