What you did today

Gorth

Worked on my college apps. The sheer amount of busy work involved in getting into college is absolutely barbaric.

Get them done asap, because the sooner you hear back the sooner you can stop giving a **** about senior year.

Edited by Gorth
Language

Just wait till grad school.

...or jobs, really. I think training in bureaucracy should be compulsory in high school, really.

Also, a crappy day ended in a crappy way when following the swedish elections. It's gonna be a long 4 years until the next election... :o

I'm keeping an eye on your election too - I hope that your other parties can strangle the support for Sverige Demokraterne before they become a serious threat.

Fortune favors the bald.

Sverigedemokraterna will not get any support from either side. There will be a re-election before we allow any racist parties to play any role in Swedish politics, that much is confirmed.

But it will be fun to see how they solve this dilemma.

As a side note: 82-84% of the Swedish populace voted. Almost every fifth Swede didn't think it was important enough to use their democratic voice. To me this is horrible. Which groups in society are feeling so out of touch with their own government that they choose not to vote?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Also, a crappy day ended in a crappy way when following the swedish elections. It's gonna be a long 4 years until the next election... :o

Could'nt agree more, Alliance continued government and the Swedish Democrats in the middle. Frickin' scary. Then again, I think they've always been there lurking, just spread out amongst more parties while they've now rallied under one banner.

Sverigedemokraterna will not get any support from either side. There will be a re-election before we allow any racist parties to play any role in Swedish politics, that much is confirmed.

But it will be fun to see how they solve this dilemma.

As a side note: 82-84% of the Swedish populace voted. Almost every fifth Swede didn't think it was important enough to use their democratic voice. To me this is horrible. Which groups in society are feeling so out of touch with their own government that they choose not to vote?

Was hilarious hearing different politicians insults against SD; "They're coming into an civilized arena now, a place they've never heard of before" and things like that.

'Tis a bit sad that people don't want to go vote, they unwittingly aid people like the Swedish Democrats. Even though a few percent of those are possibly completely incapable of voting a few percent. I wonder how they deal with demented persons and so on though, I'm not learned about those details.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

It's pretty interesting to see the struggles with democracy though. Seeing as how the Swedish Democrats did get such strong support and many of the other parties are trying to "suffocate" and push them down. I think it's scary as hell that they made it into parliament myself but is it really democratic to try and push them down and basically "bully" them? It's a pretty interesting situation.

But I'm pretty angry overall with the voters for being so uninformed and short-sighted that they would put their votes down for SD. It also shows the bad sides of democracy in a way because, well... I wonder in all honest just how many people in Sweden actually voted after having actually done research and knowing what their party *really* stands for. Even if you're angry, who in their right mind would vote for SD after really doing their research? It's not exactly a party that have proven themselves to be serious or capable.

It's obviously impossible to tell but I think a huge number of votes are completely uninformed. Just how many people are on auto-pilot voting for the Social Democrats just because they've always done so? It's probably the same case with the Moderates.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Uh oh. I may have one of them love conundrums. It's hard trying not to read too much into the situation so I'll spare you guys the long drawn out speel until a later date in which I have analyzed and reviewed the necessary data. To put it simply, I have one girl who I am semi-committed to and then 2 other girls who are into me. The issue, all 3 have some incredibly alluring traits that draw me to them and I keep making promises to them all. Promises that will probably land me in hot water if any of them found out. I want to say it's because I like being nice and making them feel good but really I just like stroking my ego since it has spent the last 2 decades getting completely brutalized by a supreme lack of female sexual contact. It's hard being

shryke

As I'm sure we will all agree. Women are like buses. Crowded with smoking teenagers and covered in grafitti.

I had a particularly misogynistic 'women are like' revelation last ~thursday, which I (un)happily seem to have forgotten during a three-day Mass Effect 2 binge. Seems to work as a reasonably good reset button, am actually feeling like working for the first time in months (the only problem is that I'm nodding off at the computer).

Also checked out the stats in Finnish parliamentary elections, 67,9 % voted the last time... And here's the complete post-war stats: http://www.kansanvalta.fi/1168343287020 (number to the right of the cyan bar is the %).

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

LadyCrimson and Bokishi: Sorry to hear about that, my condolences.

And the swedes out here on this board: What is so special about these SverigeDemokraterna? Do they want to abolish healthcare? Kill the eldery? Support organized crime? Ressurect Satan and embrace total decadence?

Sounds like something really horrible has happened there.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Good day buzzing by so far. Saw this, completely by chance, and now want to visit Australia:

http://www.innerwestlive.com.au/blog/2010/...w-monkey-magic/

nom nom nom

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

It's pretty interesting to see the struggles with democracy though. Seeing as how the Swedish Democrats did get such strong support and many of the other parties are trying to "suffocate" and push them down. I think it's scary as hell that they made it into parliament myself but is it really democratic to try and push them down and basically "bully" them? It's a pretty interesting situation.

But I'm pretty angry overall with the voters for being so uninformed and short-sighted that they would put their votes down for SD. It also shows the bad sides of democracy in a way because, well... I wonder in all honest just how many people in Sweden actually voted after having actually done research and knowing what their party *really* stands for. Even if you're angry, who in their right mind would vote for SD after really doing their research? It's not exactly a party that have proven themselves to be serious or capable.

It's obviously impossible to tell but I think a huge number of votes are completely uninformed. Just how many people are on auto-pilot voting for the Social Democrats just because they've always done so? It's probably the same case with the Moderates.

It is, considering that 94% of the other voters did'nt vote for them, and that the majority of the elected parties are strongly anti-racist it goes both ways I reckon. I don't really see anything wrong with bullying them down a bit and refusing to work with them due to them being racist. Their political views are quite narrowminded, and their rethoric goes on about muslims being a danger to "Swedish culture", while they don't mention anything that actually could be a danger to our culture.

Yeah, there is shortsighted and narrowminded people in Sweden, but thankfully they are in a minority - Gr

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Nice to see proportional representation doing what it does best. Hand the swing deciding role in government to a bunch of loons. :thumbsup:

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Grans visiting family in America, so popped over to her place to fix some things out in her greenhouse.

Hm, and for the slight vent..

There's an organisation in my city that is basically an umbrella group that organises all "volunteers" in the city.. so if you want to do volunteer work, you go to them, fill out a few forms, and get shown a list of all groups/organisations/charities/companies that use volunteer workers in various situations.. you point out which ones would interest you, add in when you could be available..and then they forward details, handle a lot of the communication back and forth..

I went to them back in November last year and put my name down, got posted to a bunch of groups I thought it would be either interesting or useful to do some work for (both for general interest, and having something on my CV while I struggle to get back in the actual jobmarket).. Since then, I've been notified of forms being passed along, several emails saying "cool, but maybe in a few months", and a few places where you get asked to come along to fill out a few more forms and then get told to wait some.

Then after even more months of nada, I got asked to come into a meeting, where at the meeting they told me I needed to get some forms of ID and fill out another form for the CRB report (basically background check for criminal history/sex crimes etc.). That was the whole point of the meeting.. to tell me I'd need to get id to come back another time and fill out this form... I was like.. "jeez, why didn't you just say come to this meeting with id and the forms can get done right now". Still, I did that.

Two months later, I chase it up as to why I haven't heard anything and today I got an email "sorry I haven't gotten back to you, we've just got your form back..apparently in the time it was in the post they changed the forms. So we're going to send you another to fill out."

.....10 months of paperwork and waiting. All because I just wanted to do some volunteer help work.

I am so tempted just to say feck it now. :thumbsup:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Ressurect Satan and embrace total decadence?

They have my vote.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Ok, so over the weekend I noticed while taking a shower that some of the caulking had decided to fail and one of the walls was falling in. I put in a maintence request and they came today while I was in class... And they left a note saying "We're going to call a contractor and have to replace your shower" >.>

That's gonna be a bit weird.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Does each dorm room have an attached bathroom or is it a barracks type setup?

I think making students live in barracks is a good idea. They should also have to have haircuts, wake up early, polish the insides of dustbins and bascially have a Drill Sergeant-from-Full-Metal-Jacket type character chase them around screaming. Constantly.

This would do wonders for grades and the US economy in general.

sonsofgygax.JPG

There's nothing like running into a cute girl you semi-know, who's first reaction is to hug you. I think I look too safe or something. Even with the 1-week growth of beard (though I've noticed that a scruffy beard with business casuals tends to impress the ladies. Not sure why).

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Since none of you swedes bothered to answer about the Sverigedemokraterna, i had to wiki it up myself:

As the party considers Sweden to have had too much immigration in the later years, which it claims have seriously threatened national identity and societal cohesion, SD wants to reinstate a common Swedish national identity which in turn would mean a stronger inner solidarity. The party rejects the policy of multiculturalism, but accepts a multiethnic society where cultural assimilation is promoted.

Oooh, i am scared. Really scared. Five percent voted for a bunch of national romantics? Sounds like any national-[insert some political ideology here]-party anywhere in the world. Damn you media for drumming the beat of a party of Belzeebubs and Azraels awakening in Sweden.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

After nearly ten weeks of bull****, money, sweat and bloody fingers, my condo is finally renovated! I meet with a realtor tomorrow morning.

With any luck the weather will clear up and I'll be able to golf in the afternoon.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.