What you did today

Gorth

Having got the blues out of my system from last week, into this one with a will. Discretely sent around my CV just in case everything goes belly up and I need to sell out to some ghastly multinational.

Good weekend with lots of pretty ladies at the wedding, which was jaw-droppingly insane. How else can you describe a spiritual service which was one part best-man's speech and one part scat singing? The only upside wasthat it was so mad all the vaguely normal people in the family got along splendidly.

I have also sworn off alcohol for a month, more or less just to see if I can.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

That's one of those curious things.. now, as I grew up my parents were quite happy to let the kids enjoy wine with certain meals, and when we went off on the cruises they'd even let us try out ****tails in the evening.. very much in that "This is alcohol, there's nothing special about it." So both my sister and I never really thought of alcohol as that wonderful, mysterious substance to hammer as we grew up.. Although the tour around the vinyards of madeirra on the new year when I was eight and I managed to get hammered for the first time in my life wasn't something they reacted well to.. (I blame it on looking totally pure and innocent, and the mixture of newly married couples and old age pensioners doing the "aww, you're so cute, why don't you have one of these tasters?")

But I've seen so many classmates and such react to it as if it's the be all and end all of a night out. Hell, I remember one time just after the christmas break when some 18 year old who worked the same part-time job came in and did this whole "Wow, I had a great christmas week. I spent over

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

That's one of those curious things.. now, as I grew up my parents were quite happy to let the kids enjoy wine with certain meals, and when we went off on the cruises they'd even let us try out ****tails in the evening.. very much in that "This is alcohol, there's nothing special about it." So both my sister and I never really thought of alcohol as that wonderful, mysterious substance to hammer as we grew up.. Although the tour around the vinyards of madeirra on the new year when I was eight and I managed to get hammered for the first time in my life wasn't something they reacted well to.. (I blame it on looking totally pure and innocent, and the mixture of newly married couples and old age pensioners doing the "aww, you're so cute, why don't you have one of these tasters?")

But I've seen so many classmates and such react to it as if it's the be all and end all of a night out. Hell, I remember one time just after the christmas break when some 18 year old who worked the same part-time job came in and did this whole "Wow, I had a great christmas week. I spent over

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Got a little hope back about my grade for midterms, but have been watching a panel of power rangers (what? the cast are fun). And then saw an interview with David Yost where I learned a few things:

A) he was a producer for several shows and a couple sci-fi films.

And here's the newer info:

He's gay and he says that he ended up leaving the show (he was the longest surviving cast member on the show, lasting 5 seasons) because he was harassed by the other members of the cast and production clue.

For those who don't know, David Yost is Billy, the blue power ranger :lol:. And ironically he "came out" in an interview with a power rangers centric website (nopinkspandex) who uses Youtube to post videos.

http://www.youtube.com/user/nopinkspandex (as of this post, the three most recent posts)

He, after leaving the show, promptly had a mental breakdown and tried to "pray the gay away" before having to be hospitalized.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I was raised the same way. However, when I got older I discovered that one can mix alcohol with overexcited females, chips, and running around very fast, while laughing. This particular c*cktail is most habit forming.

Nevertheless I've decided I need a proper detox chance for my liver after all the boozing I've done in recent years just to stay sane.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I was raised the same way. However, when I got older I discovered that one can mix alcohol with overexcited females, chips, and running around very fast, while laughing. This particular c*cktail is most habit forming.

Nevertheless I've decided I need a proper detox chance for my liver after all the boozing I've done in recent years just to stay sane.

Well my comment wasn't aimed at you Wals, but since I live in a student city.. I'm forever stumbling over alcohol ganked up students around town on the weekends.

After all, there's something to be said for quiet parties where you drink a bit to the merry side, and have a raging fire pit in the backyard while the guys sit back with some fine spirits and cigars brought back from mexico, cuba and points around there.. :lol:

But I just can't get into the mindset of several associates who drink to the point of throw up/pass out.. purely for the sake of reaching that point and declaring it fun..

If you're trying to reach unconsciousness for other reasons, that I can understand.. but to say it's fun is something I just don't get... :p

I appear to have an ingrown toenail. Woke me up last night about 5. Played with a nail file, then I went back to sleep.

Woke me up today at 4:30. Some ice, some scissors, some nail file, still can't get back to sleep.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Well my comment wasn't aimed at you Wals, but since I live in a student city.. I'm forever stumbling over alcohol ganked up students around town on the weekends.

After all, there's something to be said for quiet parties where you drink a bit to the merry side, and have a raging fire pit in the backyard while the guys sit back with some fine spirits and cigars brought back from mexico, cuba and points around there.. :(

But I just can't get into the mindset of several associates who drink to the point of throw up/pass out.. purely for the sake of reaching that point and declaring it fun..

If you're trying to reach unconsciousness for other reasons, that I can understand.. but to say it's fun is something I just don't get... :ermm:

I take it you've never tried to do a 360 degree backflip from a standing start just to see if you can?

-Elwood Blues

I bought my dad a cane today because he's been having pains in his leg. After about 2 hours of carrying it I found it to be surprisingly addictive, caught myself subconsciously doing a couple of House'isms and noticed that people on the bus were much nicer than usual. I was tempted to keep it but now I feel like some sort of cane-stealer so I'm going to have to give it up :lol:

Edited by Serrano

I bought my dad a cane today because he's been having pains in his leg. After about 2 hours of carrying it I found it to be surprisingly addictive, caught myself subconsciously doing a couple of House'isms and noticed that people on the bus were much nicer than usual. I was tempted to keep it but now I feel like some sort of cane-stealer so I'm going to have to give it up :lol:

I kinda want a cane simply to have one to play with as I move. While I may not need it it can certainly be useful sometimes.

I appear to have an ingrown toenail. Woke me up last night about 5. Played with a nail file, then I went back to sleep.

Woke me up today at 4:30. Some ice, some scissors, some nail file, still can't get back to sleep.

I shall give you the same advice I was given: let the little bastard have its way and grow right through. Keep it clean and disinfected throughout. Worked for me.

-Elwood Blues

I have been enjoying some moderately warm temperatures here to get some late season golfing rounds in. I bought myself some newer clubs, and still haven't quite adjusted to them yet.

And today while I was on the links my realtor phoned to let me know the sale of my condo went through. And only for a few grand off of my asking price. It should be either later this week or early next before I go to the lawyers to sign the papers. It will represent the most money I've had in my bank acco

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I shall give you the same advice I was given: let the little bastard have its way and grow right through. Keep it clean and disinfected throughout. Worked for me.

hurts like a ***** if you accidentally kick something though

or if someone steps on your foot :skeptical:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Guest The Architect

Ice? Pansy.

hurts like a ***** if you accidentally kick something though

or if someone steps on your foot :skeptical:

I know. But the alternative is to keep trimming it, or to have surgery. Either leaves one weaker, where my solution leaves the nail stronger.

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

Mine came out about half an inch away from where it should have been.

Actually, I'm not sure I'd have the balls to do it any more. :skeptical:

-Elwood Blues

Woke up this morning crawled to the edge of my bed... and nearly fell onto the floor/air conditioning unit as I missed a foothold.

Managed to actually get to bed early last night... and then ended up waking up late with a cringing headache.

Surviving, but now have to face the autumn weather to go pick up the milk and assorted groceries..

Not sure I'm going to be able to make my date this evening. :shifty: I feel like I have a porcupine stuck in my larynx. And it's on fire.

-Elwood Blues

You know.. if we're not careful this could turn into a total "when I was a boy, we used to live in a cardboard box, and have to wake up 2 hours before we went to bed" type of thread.... :shifty:

Still, may the gods of healing and luurv visit and clear up the throat spike issues Wals.

I got a really bad infection from one. It's really important not to cut the corners of the nail. Trying to trim the in-grown part only seemed to make it much worse.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Well, it's fine now. Two days of pain, everything's cool.

My muscle fatigue from Monday's exercise is lasting longer.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."