What you did today

Gorth

Sausages, Raithe... lots and lots of cheap sausages...

Ironically, I've been the opposite. Had a pretty good night's sleep, but have been clearing al the gunk out of my system all day. Blowing my nose til my sinuses squeak, and coughing up chunks of yellow goop. rat tired, especially after doing my physio exercises.

Settled in now with some work reading and a huge mug of tea.

Best find in recent days is this Rochester ginger stuff. Basically hot ginger and sugar. Looks and sips like a liqeuer. Zero alcohol. Thinking about maybe making some of my own with the addition of some salt, lemon, black pepper, and chillis. Real fire water.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

^ I had a cold. The answer was a very hot indonesian curry, the one with beef, potatoes, ginger, garlic, chilli, coconut cream, more chilli, some brown sugar and more chilli. And nuts.

I had a large bowl of this with sticky rice and (yes) a shed-load of beer. My morale soared and the cold regressed.

Curry is a massive source of happiness and I recommend it to you all with alacrity.

sonsofgygax.JPG

^ I had a cold. The answer was a very hot indonesian curry, the one with beef, potatoes, ginger, garlic, chilli, coconut cream, more chilli, some brown sugar and more chilli. And nuts.

I had a large bowl of this with sticky rice and (yes) a shed-load of beer. My morale soared and the cold regressed.

Curry is a massive source of happiness and I recommend it to you all with alacrity.

I have a Thai style curry on the stove right now, along with a huge chicken soup for tomorrow. The Thai style has naga chillis and bird pepper chillis in it. Hot enough to burn the skin on the back of your hand. :shifty: And plenty of ginger and coconut and lime.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

What is with you brits and curry?

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

What is with you brits and curry?

It's one of the many things we brought back from India in the glory days of the Empire.. :lol:

Hm, now that has me thinking of an old song by the Bonzo Dog Band.. Hunting Tigers down in Indi-aah...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Two words: The Raj.

We were in India forever, it is etched on our cultural DNA. Then in the 1970's Bangladeshis arrived in the UK and brought with them their food, which is very different from traditional Indian cuisine, including southern Indian vegetarian food. As a Londoner I am therefore familiar with Nepalese curry versus Bangladeshi curry versus more traditional Indian curries from say Kashmir. Of course this is before we explore the murky Balti connection from Birmingham. Personally, I am a big fan of tandoori food and also Pakistani curry house / kebab hybrids of the type you find in East London (where the kebab and sub-continental food collide in gloriously tasty gastro-colour).

The curry is a British staple - it is consistent, generally good value for money, tasty and goes well with beer. Brits love curry. I can go to a local curry house and eat great food, I can eat Michelin-starred curry.

I've not even hit on Thai, Indonesian and Chinese curries either. This is a big subject.

sonsofgygax.JPG

I wish I could get curry around here.

there's a place about 30secs walk from my flat that does the most awesome thai green curry

best solution ever if i can't be bothered cooking dinner

though i still maintain my cold cure of choice is whiskey

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I like Thai red curry lamb.

Maybe you should take me out to someplace that serves it sometime!

Harumpf!

What is it with you Texans and eating out?

I wouldn't trust your cooking with my life. Which is exactly the problem.

My favourite is the Vindaloo. Doesn't have to be superhot, hot will do :thumbsup:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

So who here has never had curry in their life?

*Raises hand*

*Raises hand*

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

You guys haven't really lived yet :thumbsup:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein