What you did today

Gorth

Did some work on moving. Got told off by my mom for being lazy and playing to many games. Went to work after having broken my glasses so I'm using old, not the right prescription, models.

At least I see Our Almighty Lord Al Yankovic tomorrow.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Having had a chance to concentrate, and done some work to assist, I set to on my friend's problem.

According to my analysis there are four component sectors to the problem, listed here in descedning importance:

1. A biochemical architecture in his brain/glands/breakfast cereal

2. A cognitive architecture in his thoughts and attributions

3. An interpersonal architecture of his immediate social circle

4. Peripheral environmental factors

According to the same analysis as his friends we have an inverted capability to assist on that list, beginning with peripheral environmental factors. So we're making sure all teh mundane stuff is handled, then moving to support his girlfriend in anything she needs. That should square everything we can really access, and leave the remainder to the professionals.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Walsingham, speaking from experience (having been on both sides of the fence on this one) just having a friend remind you that they're there if you need them is helpful with depression. The careful nod of "I'm around if you need to vent. Or just for general company if you need it." can have a definite boost. The trick is always finding the balance of being there without making them feel like you're constantly trying to push into that personal bubble.

There's that wonderful screwed up area when you don't want to deal with people that much, and having friends and family constantly push to get in can just put your back up and make you even more resistant.. And then there are days when you don't want to deal with people, and having them push slightly can get you out and about and feeling better. It can be a bit of a crapshoot on what it turns out like.

On a seperate note, finished off a bit of the redecorating today.. a little bit of diy and assorted fixing doors to new base units and wall units put in... Chasing up that meds were had on time, and then catching up on some tv watching that has been stacking up for awhile.. (the last few episodes of Fringe season 2)... hm, and bugger. Just realised I missed the new episode of Sherlock that was on tonight..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I just made gim a mix CD of melancholic, bur subtly cheering tunes.

But thanks for the advice, tho. I think you're probably spot on.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Bought the Kodak zi8 HD video camera for casual use. Initially thinking I'll like it for the features more than the no-feature/fixed internal memory Flip. Only downside is it uses .mov files so need a converter software if want to burn DVD's & the internal mic is mono so if you want stereo you have to buy an external mic. But at least it has ex. mic option, unlike the Flip.

Charging battery...we'll see! Can't wait to try it.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Ya could have just gotten a cell phone...

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Ya could have just gotten a cell phone...

I have no need for/don't want a cell phone/contract & all the cluttering apps/menus that go with a cell. All I want is the video. I don't care about anything else, so not interested in a unit that does 100 other things. :p

Edit: Stand alone units are still better quality than the phone (even the 720) too. Probably not for long, but...

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Just found out my godmother isn't going to hold out much longer due to her cancer. This doesn't surprise me (been fighting for years) and I don't expect to get sentimental about it when the time finally comes. But still, we just buried another one of my aunts in December. :p

Raithe is definitely right Wals. Having been depressed for a long time now I can tell you that it's not so important that you're physically there but rather that he knows you'll be there when he needs you because when you're depressed you don't want to be around people. And quite frankly its kind of a good thing, at least for a little while. You can't let him stay isolated for too long but he needs enough space to try and figure things out on his own. Don't try and force him into anything but that shouldn't stop you from giving him a call or text to see if he wants to go out or talk. I know a huge turning point for me was when one of my old friends I hadn't seen in forever invited me to his place for new years. I've been going there just about every weekend since and it keeps me sane.

In other news, I'm going to see inception tomorrow night with girl. If things go well I'll see if she wants to grab dinner then have sex back at her place amirite shryke you know what im talking about you sly little horn dog you. Been a long time since I've seen her tho, kind of mildly excited. I also test drove some cars yesterday, wasn't that impressed so I'm going to give the audi a4 a shot tomorrow and maybe even a 2011 buick regal, tho the place is on the other side of freakin town so I kind of doubt it.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

My great-grandma was attacked in her home a couple days ago. She is now in the hospital.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

In other news, I'm going to see inception tomorrow night with girl. If things go well I'll see if she wants to grab dinner then have sex back at her place amirite shryke you know what im talking about you sly little horn dog you. Been a long time since I've seen her tho, kind of mildly excited.

hope it goes well for ya sluggy :p

My great-grandma was attacked in her home a couple days ago. She is now in the hospital.

she going to be okay? :)

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I know it's bone obvious, but attacking the elderly should be considered especially significant in sentencing. You just can't attack old people. It's pathetic.

-Elwood Blues

I know it's bone obvious, but attacking the elderly should be considered especially significant in sentencing. You just can't attack old people. It's pathetic.

And should result in the death penalty, well in any truly civilized society anyhow.

sonsofgygax.JPG

yesterday I swung my PhD interview, and got permission to seek part time funding with the blessings of the university. I also did some other work stuff which took until midnight. This has left me all in all feeling rather smug and burned out. Today's plan is to have a mate of mine round, and we shall goof off, drink beer, play games, and cook massive quantities of food. Then try to get everyone out for a gig this evening.

-Elwood Blues

I am seriously scared of my impending move

You could use the change of scenery, although is is a really big change. Just wait until winter.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I know... it also feels kinda freaky going to Hades old stomping grounds.

Also gots new phone.

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.