What you did today

Gorth

You know guard dog, if I turn out to be 3/4th's the man you are I would be pretty happy with the end result. That was pretty awesome. I believe in you man and think your a real cool cat who is inspiring and admirable and if I could heap more praise on you I would.

As for me, I want to start dating. Been getting some relatively horrible pangs of loneliness as of late. I know school, work and fitness are going to fill my days but that's still a whole month away before I start back up class and my internship. Been pretty bored at home, no video games or anything to really occupy my attention for long spans of time besides watching true blood and reading through the internets.

Other than that my material worth is going to sky rocket in the coming month(s). Test driving new cars this weekend (2010 Altima, used 2010 VW CC - 17k miles - clean carfacts, 2011 hyundai sonata. Please comment if you have any advice). I'm also going to become a new smart phone initiate and I'm debating between sticking with t-mobile and choosing one of their phones (much cheaper) or getting an iphone and jailbreaking it or still getting the iphone and going over to at&t. Either way it's going to be a monumental upgrade from my brick I had to get at walmart when my last phone died. Then I'm supposed to get a new tv, flat screen.

I'm not used to really having nice things having grown up relatively house poor so I've been stalling on these items for quite a while now (months and even years) but I'm really starting to come around to the idea.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I'm at the stage of my friends devoting hours of time to fixing me up with friends of theirs. Trouble is that I basically get along OK by myself with the obvious exception. I pretty much rule my own existence, and the thought of having to make all sorts of compromises terrifies me.

I don't think there's any harm in going off dating for a bit, GD. Sounds like it's a natural point for a break. Just don't quit entirely because of a few loons. Which is kinda the advice I should probably apply myself.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm not a man but if my date told me to get rid of my pets (any pet) for whatever reason, that date would be out the door in a hurry. Anyone who isn't either as passionate about pets as I am, or at least willing to tolerate my passion for pets with an affectionate smile, isn't going to be the right person for me.

Now, of course plenty of differences can be tolerated or enhance/grow a relationship...but other differences mean you're just incompatible. Knowing what the latter are for you is a good thing, imo. *high five* :shifty:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Guard Dog I bet these women are in their thirties, right? Just play the demographics game to your advantage --- there's more single ones of them than there are single ones with your chromosome. Every single guy I know who should be married by now is taking some sort of revenge on womankind for the way they treated them in their twenties.

The balance of power shifts at your age. I'd enjoy it while I could!

sonsofgygax.JPG

Guard Dog I bet these women are in their thirties, right? Just play the demographics game to your advantage --- there's more single ones of them than there are single ones with your chromosome. Every single guy I know who should be married by now is taking some sort of revenge on womankind for the way they treated them in their twenties.

And there I was, thinking I'd invented it. :thumbsup:

Of course, there's also the fact that I today accidentally came across a pic of my ex at some office party - and almost came unglued on the spot. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

And there I was, thinking I'd invented it. :thumbsup:

Of course, there's also the fact that I today accidentally came across a pic of my ex at some office party - and almost came unglued on the spot. :p

I try not to think about some of my exes for the same reason. Actually, I should drop a couple a line tonight, see what they're up to. :)

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Of course, there's also the fact that I today accidentally came across a pic of my ex at some office party - and almost came unglued on the spot. :lol:

Was the breakup fairly recently?

March, but there are... complications. Like the fact that she was the most gorgeous woman I've ever MET, never mind... spent time with. :huh:

Let's just say that a week later, she was engaged to somebody else. And that we work at the same place. :p

one of these days, I'll start writing my mopey crap here, but not right now.

Right, so i woke up in morning and i got myself a beer...

Tormented by the unforgiving sun around the northern hemisphere...

sat on a chair in the shade... had another beer... half a pack of smokes...

Life is good, and it was allegedly even better yesterday :x

A high lore skill will automatically identify a magical item as it enters your inventory.

Let's just say that a week later, she was engaged to somebody else. And that we work at the same place. :(

CRIT for double damage!

Ouch man, genuinely sorry to hear that.

I think it was more *DEATHBRINGER ASSAULT*, a special ability she had rather than a natural 20. :)

Also there's supposed to be an epic thunderstorm coming. I believe it, since it feels like my head is about to explode.

My four week vacation is over by monday, and i already hate the idea of going back to work. HALP.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

....most of the time this forum has men complaining about girlfriends. But today..

...husbands. No matter how much freedom & space you give them - & believe me, my husband has a lot of both - some of them will still complain that you nag too much. o:)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

My best and oldest friend got taken into A&E due to depression. This is like my most indestructible pal from school, who came unstuck at some point in the last ten years. I have literally no clue what to do. I feel like I should storm down to London and sit at his feet like a bloodhound. But rationally I don't see what good I can do.

o:)

-Elwood Blues

^ You should go. Take some grapes, Lucozade and an erotic magazine for him as gifts.

You know if the shoe were on the other foot you'd want a friend there, don't you?

Good advice. I should go.

-Elwood Blues

OK. I'm trying not to be irked, but I seem to have been frozen out by my mate's girlfriend. I'm 99% sure it's not the case, but it sure as hell feels that way. NOw I'm in a bind because I can't throw myself into the situation without making it painfully clear that I feel I'm being frozen out by vuirtue of being unable to get permission and...

... oh ffs. Why do women insist on complicating everything? [no offence intended. I have to let off steam]

-Elwood Blues

I don't know what A&E is, but if there's some kind of serious depressive breakdown going on, as much as it feels sucky to stand around 'doing nothing,' sometimes it's actually better to keep distance a little while. That is, of course, assuming your friend has some known support/watchdogs around him already (like his gf, parents, other family, doctors etc).

Call & ask if there's anything you can do/if a visit might help, but if the answer is no, let it alone for bit then ask again later when family have had time to figure things out themselves.

Also, it depends on the situation & the person of course, but I know that some ppl don't want many around to witness their problems. Don't know what the gf said, but it's possible your friend is insisting on not wanting to see ppl & she's just respecting his wishes.

I don't know what A&E is

Neither did I, but google is amazing! :lol:

I did try to do a Search, but all I came up with the cable channel and many pages of encyclopedia A-E entries. But then, I didn't try very hard. These days if I searched every reference/acronym/slang term I saw on the 'net that I wasn't familiar with I'd have no time for anything else. hahah :lol:

Sitting there, quietly minding my own business on a late Saturday evening (after midnight actually), reading a few documents, casually browsing the forum every now and then when suddenly this vivid bright light shines through the window blinds...

While my eyes are preoccupied watching psychedlic colours, my brain started working on the puzzle of what happened. Logically, it shouldn't have happened, because the covers on window completely blocks light, even sun light. UFO's didn't really enter the equation, nor is the neighbourhood an obvious terrorist goel. There are no nuclear powerplants either. Eventually, my addled and slightly sleep deprived brain arrived at the conclusion that it had to be a weather phenomena.

True enough, while trying to figure out the WTF for the last 1/100th of a second, the shockwave arrived on schedule and shook the building, rattled the glass and sent several concussion waves echoing back and forth, bringing back nostalgic memories of the earthquekes I experienced in Wellington. Except, they weren't so noisy o:)

Ah well, the fans on my computer radiator eventually stopped rattling (they don't like being moved around), the vibrations ceased and eventually the ringing in my ears even stopped. Enough anyway to listen to the sudden downpour. I guess if you are a garden plant, you appreciate the rain.

Reminded me a bit of a Black Sabbath concert I once saw live.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein