What you did today

Gorth

Situation with landlord is pretty idiotic, they didn't reply to my email then blamed it on me for daring to use email (heaven forbid), threatened me with eviction during the weekend which I ended up paying the $500 to stave off. $500 for having a electric freaking jug in the room (which they argue.... threatens the life of hundreds via fire? Did these guys even go to school?) And of course they're trying to blame me for the alarm I didn't break and will probably try and extort more $.

Look at the bright side, you could've been living in Christchurch :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Soo, woke up this morning to three construction workers banging on my window. They proceeded to enter my studio and tell me that they were about to rip off my old window and replace it with a new one (planned renovation, but not supposed to start for a few weeks). To cut the long story short, place is now covered in (saw)dust. I'm spitting mad. They're paying for somebody to clean the place up (not sure if they are genuinely sorry, or just ****ting themselves as I whipped the lawyer card out pretty early) this afternoon, and I already got an apology from the supervisor (who's already scared of us - my mother is also one of their tenants, and she's even more hardcore than I am).

I was somewhat worried about my home theatre amp, but the shop told me not to worry. The x360 took the burnt of their initial onslaught (they had apparently never imagined dustsheets might be of use on an op like this), but if that thing fries it's just a lucky break :fdevil:

Argh.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Well had the wakeup of a neighbour mowing the lawn with a serious petrol lawnmower.. it's something like the 5th day in a row I've found a headache to be rolling in and out.. I'm guessing something with the weather changes is doing nice pressure fluctuations.. Sorted out a little banking, laundry and general tasks around the house.

Tis a grey and very windy day here, psyching myself up to go out and get some prescriptions picked up and filled out for my mother before the weather turns nasty.

Hm, although does seem to have the feel of one of those slightly depressing, bang head against the wall sort of days. But we'll have to see how it goes...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I got tickets to the Roger Waters "The Wall: Live"-concert. Krikey they were expensive.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

If international representation was possible I'd get Grommy, but he's probably one of those super expensive hot shots.

I'm not sure how beneficial it would be to your case if your lawyer would refer to himself in third person and always finish with a cheery " HA, GOOD FUN!" :fdevil:

Woke up, did a bit of gaming, then had to get out of my building because the fire alarms went off. Turns out somebody burnt pancakes on the 4th floor. Basically we ended up just parking ourselves outside for about 30 minutes while the FD showed up to check it out. Met a blind girl while out there and we got to talking. Hopefully I can find her again and start a bit of a relationship, she seems fun.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Woke up, did a bit of gaming, then had to get out of my building because the fire alarms went off. Turns out somebody burnt pancakes on the 4th floor. Basically we ended up just parking ourselves outside for about 30 minutes while the FD showed up to check it out. Met a blind girl while out there and we got to talking. Hopefully I can find her again and start a bit of a relationship, she seems fun.

Good plan, because the odds she will find you are pretty low.

If international representation was possible I'd get Grommy, but he's probably one of those super expensive hot shots.

I'm not sure how beneficial it would be to your case if your lawyer would refer to himself in third person and always finish with a cheery " HA, GOOD FUN!" :lol:

Yet he obviously ranks the Khan higher than me. :p

I'm not sure how beneficial it would be to your case if your lawyer would refer to himself in third person and always finish with a cheery " HA, GOOD FUN!" :lol:

ROFL

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I recently heard a story about a man who went to Thailand, and they let you jump in and take photos up close and cuddle them and such.

That's just stupid-reckless, on everyone's part. :p Sure maybe if you raised it from a cub like in Born Free, but other than that...yeah. They're not tabby house cats where if you startle/annoy them you'll only get a minor scratch. If I ever get to Africa/Australia, I'm going armed with a huge expensive major-zoom video camera, because I'm not going anywhere near anything. :lol:

Glass walls are annoying for photos because of reflections and foggy dirt, that's all. Maybe they could build the front section viewing area higher so you look downwards more, thus retaining safe height distance that way, rather than trying to keep it at low eye level. But for SF that'd be more expensive rebuilding of whole thing so glass walls it is. Zoos are a paradox for me...on one hand I like seeing 'em, on the other, I hate the big animals confined to small spaces. One day that's the only place we'll get to see them tho, probably. :/

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I recently heard a story about a man who went to Thailand, and they let you jump in and take photos up close and cuddle them and such.

That's just stupid-reckless, on everyone's part. :ermm: Sure maybe if you raised it from a cub like in Born Free, but other than that...yeah. They're not tabby house cats where if you startle/annoy them you'll only get a minor scratch. If I ever get to Africa/Australia, I'm going armed with a huge expensive major-zoom video camera, because I'm not going anywhere near anything. :thumbsup:

You plan on seeing tigers in either of those places?

Well, since I believe there are no known tiger populations there....no. Hence the "anything." :thumbsup:

Always wanted to go on a two month safari/camp/walkabout or something in those places, as well as Alaska. Armed with that video camera, of course. I'm a wildlife documentary filmmaker in my fantasy life. Heh.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well, since I believe there are no known tiger populations there....no. Hence the "anything." :p

Always wanted to go on a two month safari/camp/walkabout or something in those places, as well as Alaska. Armed with that video camera, of course. I'm a wildlife documentary filmmaker in my fantasy life. Heh.

Phew. I was worried there, for a second. :)

Ever had a headache and think to yourself, this must be what having a baby feels like if my skull were a uterus?

Something wants out.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Nice sluggy.

Ever had a headache and think to yourself, this must be what having a baby feels like if my skull were a uterus?

Something wants out.

birth.jpg

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Which, incidentally, gave birth to the incredibly insane FLCL, where everyone's heads burst.

Spoke to a lawyer and he's very very nicely agreed to help out though I can't afford it. This is pretty stressful since I don't have any experience or knowledge necessary to deal with it myself, but hopefully I'll persevere.