Mass Effect 2

Pidesco

You only need $5 to exercise the Gamestop option.

A matter of principle. It's not the way things customarily work around these parts, and I'm not going to support anyone who thinks they can change it.

Also, the $ is not the currency around these parts. :o

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

You only need $5 to exercise the Gamestop option.

A matter of principle. It's not the way things customarily work around these parts, and I'm not going to support anyone who thinks they can change it.

Also, the $ is not the currency around these parts. :o

Which is why you get more principle for your $. Not only do you get what you pay for, but you also get when you pay for. If you don't want to cough up the advance dough then you settle for crappy copy of average Joe.

Edited by jaguars4ever
manthing2.jpg

Which is why you get more principle for your $. Not only do you get what you pay for, but you also get when you pay for. If you don't want to cough up the advance dough then you settle for crappy copy of average Joe.

I'm also getting the CE+Inferno armor for less than what the regular edition costs at gamestop.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

If I pre-ordered through gamestop I'd then have to wait an extra two or so weeks for it to be shipped across the atlantic and then clear customs.. so Nah.

I was going to pre-order via amazon as I usually do.. but I've decided to go with the CE (mostly because I want to flip through the "art of book" and such) and you can never get the CE's from amazon.. so I'm having to get it via Game.. so no extra goodness for pre-ordering for me..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I went for the Inferno armour, but I didn't exactly have a choice if I wanted a CE. EB Games/Gamestop stopped taking PC CE pre-orders something like a week after it was announced. :/

EDIT: In game shots for you.

inferno01p.jpg

terminus01p.jpg

Edited by Deraldin

I was thinking of buying the CE as a digital download from Telia, but it appears they're using some weird kind of steam-ish software/distribution and I dont want more crapware on my system. I cant buy it through Steam because they still run the exchange scam:

$59 =

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

PC games go are about 39-49

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I just replayed the original and only got to level 47. I did like every side quest I saw, went to a ton of planets, and still fell short. Ah well, at least I have a save game with the choices I want.

Hm, strange, first time I played through I hit 50 and would have probably got higher if I hadn't had to finish the game to unlock past 50.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I was thinking of buying the CE as a digital download from Telia, but it appears they're using some weird kind of steam-ish software/distribution and I dont want more crapware on my system. I cant buy it through Steam because they still run the exchange scam:

$59 =

I just replayed and have a level 60 femShep. I've got paragon points out the wazoo, and a couple renegade points on account of accepting a mission from Helena Blake and giving information regarding

Cerberus

to the

Shadow Broker

Having the DLC certainly helps max out your level.

I just replayed the original and only got to level 47. I did like every side quest I saw, went to a ton of planets, and still fell short. Ah well, at least I have a save game with the choices I want.

Hm, strange, first time I played through I hit 50 and would have probably got higher if I hadn't had to finish the game to unlock past 50.

I hit 50 originally as well, but I was replaying it on the PC (I played originally on the 360) and I think it was because I kinda blew through a lot of combat and lock picking stuff. I actually pretty much ignored containers after awhile, I got tired of the game quick.

I hit 50 originally as well, but I was replaying it on the PC (I played originally on the 360) and I think it was because I kinda blew through a lot of combat and lock picking stuff. I actually pretty much ignored containers after awhile, I got tired of the game quick.

If you switched systems, one of the factors may be that some achievements give a minor benefit to XP earned. People replaying on the same system probably achieve slightly higher levels because of these.

Almost forgot.

I was kidding back there (mostly) but since you seem so keen on the subject of video game relationships here is what I have to say on it.

Actually, I was pretty much satisfied with the fade to black approach of BGII since the romance (Jaheira) that led up to that point was fulfilling. The "sex" was just a part of it, and to be frank - the least important part (I had no idea that there would in fact be sex, and I didnt care).

With Mass Effect they "introduced" sex (visually), but there was no emotional attachment to the potential love interests at all. When there's nothing satisfying about the romance it becomes a game of choose-the-right-answer-to-get-in-my-pants. Since I'm not expecting anything better of ME2, I want the reward for the minigame to be a bit more interesting, (read: naked women) not a family friendly sex scene.

In short: since they dont give a toss for my appreciation of an engaging romance, they might as well appeal to my base instincts. This desire comes out of the very very low expectations I have for this game, and their future games.

I've nothing against exploring more relationships and pushing the limits of the sex taboo in computer games, as long as it doesnt tarnish the core playing experience (by being lackluster in some way).

What I dont want to see is them putting in sex just because the Witcher is doing is, and because it sounded like a very "mature" idea at the time - and then when they finally shoehorn it in somehow it turns out to be meh. An unfulfilling relationship followed by unfulfillling sex is a lose-lose situation. (in life as well, lol)

An engaging relationship followed by tasteful and graphic sex is a win-win situation. But if I had to pick just one of those, it would always be an engaging relationship, (Jaheira, Deionarra, Fall-from-Grace :wacko: ) simply because of the role play potential.

I

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I'm currently in my last runthrough before Mass2. Male, Vanguard, 54. I want to hit level 60 again before it comes out (I already have one). If I don't oh well, I already made all my final choices in the last playthrough.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Actually, it's because europeans have to pay VAT, not because they're fiddling with the exchange rate (well, maybe a little due to fiddling with the exhange rate).

That's not true. Steam has different pricing policies for different regions and Sweden (and the rest of Scandinavia) is in the most expensive echelon, thus the straight conversion from dollar to Euro. VAT has nothing to do with it.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!