Mass Effect 2

Pidesco

I don't even want to imagine the (inevitable) sex scene with Subject Zero. >_<

As long they keep the people who are resposible for DA's sex scenes far, FAAAAAAAAR away, everything is all right :p

I don't even want to imagine the (inevitable) sex scene with Subject Zero. >_<

Don't worry, judging by her character - she'll be doing all the work.

On the topic of sex in recent videogames: the only thing I hate more than including sex just to make a game supposedly mature is not having the courage to go through with it once its in. Mass Effect's "sex" was tamer than the average commercial, and that kind of political correctness just drives me barmy.

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Okay, this is something that bothers me a great deal. The last two games (DA and ME2) the majority of preview trailers have consisted of FMV that is not in the game at all. Depictions of actual gameplay have been very brief. Yet, everyone seems to believe that the game will be the best game ever based solely upon these non-game FMVs. Why is that? Are we gamers really that shallow?

This is just... retarded. I mean Bethesda level of retardation. Makes Wrex looks like Aristotle.

Why do bioware's attempts to do "badass", "dark", "gritty" end up so juvenile?

Because instead of letting you decide for yourself what you think of a character, they scream "THIS IS EPIC/HARDCORE/BADASS/GRITTY, B****!" in your face. <- Also, this is a big weakness of the internet, characters feel a lot more natural if you don't watch crap trailers and random poster #17321-17335's opinions on them.

"This is a video game? That's crazy!".

Geez, this gets dumber and dumber.... >_<

I think they're running with a sort of reversed plausible deniability. Show the shiny new game to someone (preferably famous) who thinks tetris is the most sophisticated vidijo-game, then show their fans how they're all over it.

On the topic of sex in recent videogames: the only thing I hate more than including sex just to make a game supposedly mature is not having the courage to go through with it once its in. Mass Effect's "sex" was tamer than the average commercial, and that kind of political correctness just drives me barmy.
At the ME sex had *some* eroticism instead of fade-to-black or hiding-under-the-blanket.

Okay, this is something that bothers me a great deal. The last two games (DA and ME2) the majority of preview trailers have consisted of FMV that is not in the game at all. Depictions of actual gameplay have been very brief. Yet, everyone seems to believe that the game will be the best game ever based solely upon these non-game FMVs. Why is that? Are we gamers really that shallow?
Welcome to humanity.

I believe the correct phrase would be "Do not want!".
Moar liek cannot unsee, amirite? Edited by Oner

boo2.jpg
I believe the correct phrase would be "Do not want!".

Mhaaawahaaha! He shoots, and he scores! >_<

If you read some of the post here, you'll find that we aren't that excited over the FMV's.

Yes to the last question.

RPG gameplay doesn't show very well and most people have already seen/played the first game. If I was marketing this game, I would not be showing clips of gameplay for trailers either. Also, it's not like they're hiding the gameplay, you can see all the gameplay you want here.

You should know by now that Youtube is overrun by kids and retards. I never saw a video with an educated comment on it, whatever the topic.

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Wasn't referring to Obsidianites, but to the people making the comments in those YouTube vids. They think ME2 is going to be the greatest game ever because of some Blur video.

And another hapless victim falls into the online streaming video comments trap. The rule is that whenever there is online streaming video you DO NOT look at the comments, EVER.

Tactics won't really matter. They didn't matter in ME1 either. Because Action-orientated games these days are made so easy that fideling around with all your options seems to be just artificially prolonging your fight. What works 95% of all time is just aim and hold down your LB until enemy is dead.

Sadly, but true.

Edit: The last really good action game I remember that required you to think and use every tool available was SWAT 4. Too bad we don't see these kind of games these days anymore.

Edited by Morgoth

ME on hard-to-insane is no cakewalk. You have to use every trick at your disposal to get through it. You cant play a game on normal and then bitch that it was too easy.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

ME on hard-to-insane is no cakewalk. You have to use every trick at your disposal to get through it. You cant play a game on normal and then bitch that it was too easy.

We were talking about tactics, not difficulty. The problem with ME was that every battle scene was designed like a film set with some AIs plunged into it, that didn't allow any dynamic behavior, or unpredictability. That's what I miss so much in modern action games. Just increasing the damage/health values of an AI is not what I consider challenging. At best, it's just frustrating.

Edited by Morgoth

I agree that its more fun when the AI uses different and more advanced tactics to beat you. I dont remember there ever being game that does that though (because AI is usually not a priority in game development) The normal way of increasing damage etc. forces you to use more advanced tactics to make it. In ME that means you have to use a lot of tech, biotics and the right equipment.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "