Mass Effect 2

Pidesco

What Boo meant was that BioWare needs to have the courage to show hawt, naked women.

Indeed. :lol:

Artistic integrity is just a codeword for BOOBS, you know.

Nothin escapes this girl. :lol:

I was kidding back there (mostly) but since you seem so keen on the subject of video game relationships here is what I have to say on it.

Actually, I was pretty much satisfied with the fade to black approach of BGII since the romance (Jaheira) that led up to that point was fulfilling. The "sex" was just a part of it, and to be frank - the least important part (I had no idea that there would in fact be sex, and I didnt care).

With Mass Effect they "introduced" sex (visually), but there was no emotional attachment to the potential love interests at all. When there's nothing satisfying about the romance it becomes a game of choose-the-right-answer-to-get-in-my-pants. Since I'm not expecting anything better of ME2, I want the reward for the minigame to be a bit more interesting, (read: naked women) not a family friendly sex scene.

In short: since they dont give a toss for my appreciation of an engaging romance, they might as well appeal to my base instincts. This desire comes out of the very very low expectations I have for this game, and their future games.

I've nothing against exploring more relationships and pushing the limits of the sex taboo in computer games, as long as it doesnt tarnish the core playing experience (by being lackluster in some way).

What I dont want to see is them putting in sex just because the Witcher is doing is, and because it sounded like a very "mature" idea at the time - and then when they finally shoehorn it in somehow it turns out to be meh. An unfulfilling relationship followed by unfulfillling sex is a lose-lose situation. (in life as well, lol)

An engaging relationship followed by tasteful and graphic sex is a win-win situation. But if I had to pick just one of those, it would always be an engaging relationship, (Jaheira, Deionarra, Fall-from-Grace 8) ) simply because of the role play potential.

Hear, hear!

Listen Bio - learn from Witcher! Give us b00bie cards!

mirandawitchercard.jpg

Seconded :woot:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Well those are just fantastic.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Too bad her face is weird.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Too bad her face is weird.

She was modeled after Yvonne Strahovski.

Somethings not right then.

Yvonne = hot

Miranda = not

Edited by Slinky

The problem is that the good looking one is a real person while the other one is plasticky and artificial. Then again, most guys seem to consider, say, Carmen Electra hawt, so what do I know.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

She looks awfully pale TBH.

And the mouth is in the uncanny valley.

It's the tip of the lips. Every female Shepard lips had that and it drives me insane.

So typical of Maria. I actually switch my brain on for a moment and write a reasonably articulate post and she just disappears. Even Volo doesn't disappear without attempting to incite a flame war. What's the world coming to. *shakes head*

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

"Even Volo doesn't disappear without attempting to incite a flame war."

Troll. Don't ASSume to knowm my motivations. Then again, you are the one who thinks a rodent is the best npc ver. Dunno why I keep taking you seriously. L0L :lol:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

It seems obvious that pouring money into one aspect causes another to be lacking. Eg:

Mass Effect, more graphics > less content

Dragon Age, sh!t graphic > much more content

Well, Mass Effect 2, 2 DVDs > Dragon Age, 1 DVD

That kind of mixes up that equation :/

As does:

Mass Effect 2, awaited sequel to financially successful first outing > DAO, years in production hell to be finally kicked out

They're getting better at it with every game, so I have high hopes for their future offerings.

Not really unless you're talking about romances for female PC's (which is possible since I don't play them). As far as male romance options are concerned the 3 in BGII haven't yet been matched let alone surpassed. (though I cannot confirm this for DA, I don't know what the romances are like there)

Agree with Master Boo, here - and this includes DAO. The longer time given to the romances to build was essential in making them as good as they were in BG2. I think the issue is that now they are being kept pretty much just in the camp (Ebon Hawk, etc.). This is probably a good gameplay decision, as with parties of 3-4 including the PC, having to drag your digital love interest along would probably restrict your builds quite a bit... But it does make the romances - and other backstories - shallower :/

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

So typical of Maria. I actually switch my brain on for a moment and write a reasonably articulate post and she just disappears. Even Volo doesn't disappear without attempting to incite a flame war. What's the world coming to. *shakes head*

*wanders in*

Maria's are terribly fickle creatures. I dig through the posts and find whatever you want s response to tomorrow. Cross my heart and hope to die.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

*wanders in*

Maria's are terribly fickle creatures. I dig through the posts and find whatever you want s response to tomorrow. Cross my heart and hope to die.

If this wasn't a ME thread... I'm pretty sure I could make a snarky comment about all women being fickle.. but I still need my morning tea and aren't quite prepared enough to duck and cover.. :shifty:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Welcome back ladies and gents! Now its pre-order time.

Should I preorder and receive Bonus A: Inferno Armor which increases negotiation skills, run speed, and combat damage:

500x_inferno.jpg

--

Or should I preorder from Gamespot and receive Bonus B: The Terminus Assault Armor which augments run speed, damage, shields, and adds an additional magazine of reserve ammo, and also the M-490 Blackstorm Heavy Weapon which generates a localized gravity well:

500x_terminus.jpg

I'm going Vanguard on the first playthrough, so I'm not sure how useful that gravity gun will be. On the other hand, Termy Armor gives nerdgasms and Gravity Gunz are made from pure awesome.

Decisions, decisions!

manthing2.jpg

I've considered the Inferno armor to be a consolation prize for missing out on the preorder stuff from Gamestop. That said, I rather took the CE+consolation prize from a store that only charges me when I pick the game up over the Gamestop bs.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif