What are you playing now?

Gorth

They now have epic weapons that level with your character. So instead of throwing out your gear every few levels, you keep them with you, name them, and even assign traits to them by doing special quests. Which, in retrospect, seems like the way to go.

Wow, thats a really great idea. I wish WoW did that. Not because I mind changing gear, thats the carrot of WoW, but because it sounds so cool. Can you give a few examples of traits that you can apply to weapons/armor?

soz here, too. just finished nwn2 + motb with my terracotta soldier thingy (uh, ftr12/bard1/wm7/rdd10). too easy.

i'm almost not sure what to do with soz since i aint' chosen and nobody seems to care about my existence in the game. hmmm...

taks

comrade taks... just because.

oh, and on the PS3 my son has gotten into my uncharted game. he thinks it's cool because i'm letting him play a "T" game, which is really only for "big boys," but he figures he's pretty big. he won't play devil may cry 4, even if i tell him it's ok because "M" games are only for adults and he's only a big boy. well, the child learned reading and arithmetic in about 2 months, so it is no surprise that after 2 days of playing uncharted, i'm asking him for help now. sigh...

taks

comrade taks... just because.

well, the child learned reading and arithmetic in about 2 months, so it is no surprise that after 2 days of playing uncharted, i'm asking him for help now. sigh...

My little brother catches things in games that I miss all the time. It took me forever to train him not to blurt out the answer to something that has me stuck. >_<

My eight-year old brother figured out a puzzle in portal before I did, and I was completely lost.

Pretty cool.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

They now have epic weapons that level with your character. So instead of throwing out your gear every few levels, you keep them with you, name them, and even assign traits to them by doing special quests. Which, in retrospect, seems like the way to go.

Wow, thats a really great idea. I wish WoW did that. Not because I mind changing gear, thats the carrot of WoW, but because it sounds so cool. Can you give a few examples of traits that you can apply to weapons/armor?

It's almost too complicated to explain, the write ups don't do justice to the way it ends up working. You recover an artifact and take it to a master craftsman to identify it. There are certain properties already given to it, maybe ice or fire damage. Then you can use scrolls to give it a title, and the title also modifies what damage it does (westernesse, dwarf-iron, etc.) Then you can insert three items to enhance the stats. The items can be swapped in and out (although I think it destroys them when you swap out). I went with a strength bonus and a couple other things.

Then it levels up as you kill stuff. Each level grants certain bonuses to the stats.

The weapons are all class specific, so many of the bonuses enhance my skills.

Oh oh, use the space ship naming thingymagig!

Those names were hilarious.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

It's almost too complicated to explain, the write ups don't do justice to the way it ends up working. You recover an artifact and take it to a master craftsman to identify it. There are certain properties already given to it, maybe ice or fire damage. Then you can use scrolls to give it a title, and the title also modifies what damage it does (westernesse, dwarf-iron, etc.) Then you can insert three items to enhance the stats. The items can be swapped in and out (although I think it destroys them when you swap out). I went with a strength bonus and a couple other things.

Then it levels up as you kill stuff. Each level grants certain bonuses to the stats.

The weapons are all class specific, so many of the bonuses enhance my skills.

Personally I think that WoW should have done this for the Death knights weapons.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I finally got the cursor in Dungeon Siege2 to stop flickering like a candle in the wind, and now on my 2nd try to play this game I'm kinda liking it. Nothing special, but for hack n slash it's still passable fun. I really disliked it when I first bought it a while ago, possibly because I liked DS1 enough that the differences in DS2 irritated me, but once you get farther into it, it becomes more engaging. Probably won't finish it, but since I'm sick of WoW and wanted a quickie weekend action-rpg fix - the only kind I have the patience/time for anymore - it's working nicely.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Since I'm out of a gaming PC at the moment, my laptop can only run NWN in this strange Silver Surfer mode. I'm fine with that, though; I always thought Norrin Radd to be one of Stan Lee's finest creations, but having almost everyone like that gets jarring after a while. And as I'm *finally* getting to play Hordes of the Underdark to great lenghts, I'm wondering... Anyone here tried both editors in NWN and NWN2? Which is easier to work with? Some of the mod ideas I had are much closer to completion than before, but I don't think anyone would still play NWN mods when NWN2 seems to do it all much better.

Edited by Diogo Ribeiro

I think the NWN community is still fairly active. There's probably more NWN1 online players then there are NWN2's nowadays.

NWN2 toolset is more powerful (especially in terms of external area design), and is more streamlined in some aspects (makes dialogue/scripting easier to handle at parts). I haven't touched it too much, though. From what I have, though, NWN1's is more easily accessible nevertheless, perhaps because it's just simpler to use (and less powerful subsequently).

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Llyranor is pretty much correct. If you don't have time to spare and don't care all that much about fancy area creation then NWN1 is probably a better bet. However, as someone who never modded before, had no idea about anything basically, I could still get into NWN2 modding via using some of the excellent tutorials on the Neverwinter Vault.

The supposed complexity of NWN2 is *really* overrated I think, it simply takes longer to create the mods because of the increased powah (mostly due to more possibilities in area creation).

There are definetely people still playing NWN1, no doubt about it. However, it might be harder to make a "splash" if you release a single player mod nowadays.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Llyranor is pretty much correct. If you don't have time to spare and don't care all that much about fancy area creation then NWN1 is probably a better bet. However, as someone who never modded before, had no idea about anything basically, I could still get into NWN2 modding via using some of the excellent tutorials on the Neverwinter Vault.

The supposed complexity of NWN2 is *really* overrated I think, it simply takes longer to create the mods because of the increased powah (mostly due to more possibilities in area creation).

There are definetely people still playing NWN1, no doubt about it. However, it might be harder to make a "splash" if you release a single player mod nowadays.

It would probably be a "thud", then, seeing as I was aiming for a series of SP mods.

I've got a game of Half Life going and Left 4 Dead is still a major draw, and I should be picking up a copy of both Underworld and the NWN 2 expansion next week so they'll be on the slate.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I'm playing NWN2 OC. w00t! At long last! ;)

can anyone tell me why party members aren't following my PC, whilst my PC does follow other party members?

have I toggled something?

Did you use the party selection screen outside of the Inn/Keep? If so, you need to use the command that tells you party members to follow you. I can't remember it's exact name, but it is there together with stand your ground, guard me etc. It's a bug that drove me crazy and made me put it on the shelf for a while in the beginng.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm playing NWN2 OC. w00t! At long last! ;)

can anyone tell me why party members aren't following my PC, whilst my PC does follow other party members?

have I toggled something?

Did you use the party selection screen outside of the Inn/Keep? If so, you need to use the command that tells you party members to follow you. I can't remember it's exact name, but it is there together with stand your ground, guard me etc. It's a bug that drove me crazy and made me put it on the shelf for a while in the beginng.

You can actually drag those commands (from the voice command menu, which I recall is hotkeyed to "v") onto a hotbar and activate them with one click. Big time-saver.

WoW.

Dragonblight is REALLY well done (it even has a lore cutscene) and I've also invaded the Undercity with the king of stormwind.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I'm actually a lot more impressed with Northrend than I was the Hellfire Peninsula. Being forced to fight a hellboar every other step while dodging the Fel Reaver sucked. Northrend has good quests, and you can enjoy them a lot more. I came to love Hellfire, but mostly because Fel Iron is soooo plentiful there. The wife and I are hitting WoW again presently.

CoD 4 single player.

Damn, this game is way too short. So much goodness.