What are you playing now?

Gorth

I would play SOZ but it needs a stupidly large patch so I'll just go play solitare instead... mmmm solitare.

Wasn't that thing finished a year ago or something?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

:( Solitare is horrible... I'm going to stare at the wall while it patches...

I wouldn't mind, but the fact that every .dll has been duplicated for each SKU is annoying, it makes me want to slap someone.

Edited by Nightshape

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I would gladly download a patch of the same size if it made Fallout 3 stop crashing. :)

Also, if it's the one called "NX1 VO fix" or something like that, those are the files needed for the Mask of the Betrayer campaign that broke. You don't need to download those to play SoZ.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I think I'll toss MotB into the drive and give it another go before I get SoZ - I've only ever finished it once and I'll most likely not be buying the other expansion within the next month (I've spent way too much on games recently and I need to cut back a bit, although I might make an exception for an Obsidian product). Anyone tried the Yuan-ti Pureblood yet? They sound interesting and I'll definitely give it a go once I get the expansion. :)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I like Yuan-Ti quite a bit, though the Gray Orc just looks much cooler. My first party had a Gray Orc Cleric/Doomguide of Kelemvor, hehe!

A fun thing to do in SoZ is making a party consisting of races with level adjustments and go out looking for the more challenging fights.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I'm surprised I haven't seen a review of this in CnC yet. I'm iffy on the purchase, though. I enjoyed MotB quite a bit, but I'm getting sick of DnD CRPGs generally and the NWNx engine specifically. Still, I might break down and get it. I dunno. I'll take a wait and see approach.

I started playing SoZ today. So far, it's good, but it doesn't hook me up so intensily like MotB did.

I like the change of pace.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I've been playing No One Lives Forever: The Operative on my laptop lately. Its so damn good. I love the story, and how it actually drives the player. For instance finding the intelligence is worthwhile because it gives more background on all the players, and is funny as hell most of the time. Also listening in on the baddies is quite hilarious too. Monolith had quite a sense of humor when writing this!

Im in Germany right now, and im infiltrating the STASI base.

NWN2 with MotB, SoZ and the 1.21 patch.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I uninstalled all games except NWN and NWN2 (and all XP's). Back to working on my NWN2 mod. Bloody hard work compared to NWN1. But I'm going to finish come hell or high water this time.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Finally continued to play some Dead Space again. I'm now in Chapter4, and these huge bulky boss monsters don't really make any sense at all. But it's much better with a gamepad to control.

The monsters actually get scary around the 3/4 mark. You'll be seeing a lot less of the regular zombie.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I'm mainly playing BioShock and Assassin's Creed - although I am still a little miffed that the former requires an on-line activation (no installation limits though, and that's not a bad thing for I would not have bought the game if it still had them).

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I felt the urge to start playing Mass Effect again, and unfortunately I installed the PC version (don't know where my 360 copy is, exactly) and hit a game-bricking General Protection Fault a few days into my game. Checked on their forums and there's a 30-page long thread started in May (when the game was released) filled with people who can't figure out how to get past it. Troika wasn't this bad.

Blame EA, I suppose. Support for other Bioware games has been pretty good.

I felt the urge to start playing Mass Effect again, and unfortunately I installed the PC version (don't know where my 360 copy is, exactly) and hit a game-bricking General Protection Fault a few days into my game. Checked on their forums and there's a 30-page long thread started in May (when the game was released) filled with people who can't figure out how to get past it. Troika wasn't this bad.

Blame EA, I suppose. Support for other Bioware games has been pretty good.

Jade Empire didn't receive much better support than Mass Effect has. IIRC it had one patch and if your problem wasn't fixed by that you were SOL. Two games doesn't really constitute a pattern, but I sure hope they do more with Dragon Age.

NWN2 started to bore me. Went back to finish a game of Half Life 2.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

IWD 2 is a blast, I love it to bits.

I love the hook horrors to tiny bits of bloody pulp with a hasted Shambling Mound.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Played through the Company of Heroes Demo. It was great! Sadly my current computer won't run it well so I'll wait to play the whole game until upgrading. The physics and AI were really impressive and I felt like I could do anything I wanted to do on a battlefield of that scale. Particularly blowing stuff up. Great great stuff.

Edited by Nikolas