What are you playing now?

Gorth

Played through the Company of Heroes Demo. It was great! Sadly my current computer won't run it well so I'll wait to play the whole game until upgrading. The physics and AI were really impressive and I felt like I could do anything I wanted to do on a battlefield of that scale. Particularly blowing stuff up. Great great stuff.

my biggest problem that I have with Relic in general is that they tend to make the fights on a smaller scale. Company of Heroes is the biggest offender in that generally fights are decided by one or two squads. I guess that's why I love Supreme Commander. Company of Heroes will start multilayer wise with the infantry skirmishing over resource points, then who ever has the most fuel will end up winning as the game turns into a tank war. It used to be really bad for the allies because the most basic Axis tank (a Stug) could easily stand up to a Sherman. Fortunatly they rebalanced it like four or five times before the Panzer IV was actually worth anything. usually a Axis commander was pumping out Stugs until he had enough oil to pop out a Tiger. Of course the Allied Armored tree was able to easily fight off an opponent who had all the armor because he was able to summon Calliopes every two minutes (those are shermans with Rocket racks on top), finially Relic pulled the ability for the main cannon on the Calliope to fire in order to make armored commanders work harder for oil.

All in all it was pretty balanced then they popped out Opposing Fronts.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

NWN2: SoZ, WoW: WotLK, Final Fantasy 3

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Close to hitting level 54 in LotR Online. The Mines of Moria are just huge.

If only LotRO had a better PvP system in place, it would be the perfect MMO.

I haven't touched PvP at all, although I did create a warg and run around for about an hour one time. I'm glad Turbine has focused on the single player aspect. It's difficult to pull off both, and I think developers need to choose one over the other. I thought WoW really shifted too much attention to raids and PvP and that's why I eventually stopped playing.

Warhammer Online is my PvP game of choice. It's designed around it and it shows. I recommend it if that's what you want.

Bought GTA IV, but as fate would have it - I won't run properly on my PC. I get small graphic glitches, then it runs too fast and sound disappears - only to eventually crash to desktop with a "fatal error" message.. Support, or even something as simple as a webpage with troubleshooting, is apperantly no where to be found (I searched for 30 minutes on both Rockstars Homepage and through google)..

This game is losing points by the minute.

Fortune favors the bald.

Close to hitting level 54 in LotR Online. The Mines of Moria are just huge.

If only LotRO had a better PvP system in place, it would be the perfect MMO.

I haven't touched PvP at all, although I did create a warg and run around for about an hour one time. I'm glad Turbine has focused on the single player aspect. It's difficult to pull off both, and I think developers need to choose one over the other. I thought WoW really shifted too much attention to raids and PvP and that's why I eventually stopped playing.

Warhammer Online is my PvP game of choice. It's designed around it and it shows. I recommend it if that's what you want.

Played Warhammer in beta and at release for the free month. PvP is good but everything else about the game sucks. Crafting sucks. PvE sucks. I want to play an MMO that has a nice combination of all 3 and right now WoW is the only MMO out there that has it.

LotRO Monster play is a joke. Tried to get into it but couldn't. I love the PvE and Crafting system though....it's the best of any MMO I've played and the game looks beautiful. If they had gotten the PvP right it would have been the perfect MMO, in my opinion.

Edited by Setzer

I preordered GTAIV from Spelbutiken.se instead of my usual online retailer (Webhallen.se), and it turns out it's a Danish company! That means they don't actually give a crap about release dates or anything non-beer-like like that. So instead of sending it to me so it arrives at the day of release, I just got an email saying, "We've just finished out thirtyseventh beer today.. oh, and I think we shipped your copy of GTAIV too. It will probably be there sometime next week, depending on how many beers the postman had today".

Sure, the prices are low, but the service is Danish (read: lousy)!

TAKE THAT, ROSBJERG AND GORTH! Danskj

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Twin Snakes is a lot like Baldur's Gate Tutu in a lot of ways, really. In both cases, elements of respective sequels (for Twin Snakes, it's tranqs and first-person mode, for Tutu, it's class kits) were introduced into the original games. In both cases the additions are initially delightful, but sooner rather than later you discover that the games weren't designed with the additions in mind, and thus they get broken and become much, much, much, much easier. The AI in Twin Snakes is at times hilariously stupid, because your first-person mode allows you line of sight they don't have.

Unfortunately, Warhammer is a one trick pony, like Setzer said. The real misfortune is that it's a one trick pony that pulls up lame with unnerving frequency. I'm sure they're working out their problems over on the W:AR design team, but it's not just that PvE is bad. The game is simply unstable.

As for WoW PvP, I've been quite happy with it. Like a lot of you, I much prefer W:AR's PvP. There is little doubt about the PvP inclinations of the game, and I find that refreshing. WoW: Burning Crusade tried to stuff PvP down our throats. You found it in virtually every zone and gear, the accumulation and improvement of which is the backbone of MMOPRGS, was decidedly skewed towards PvP. This was to the point where someone like me, who doesn't generally play for the PvP content, felt compelled to do a LOT of PvP in order to get the gear because there was no PvE equivalent outside of a raiding guild. WoW: Wrath of the Litch King has gone a LONG way towards redress. The crafting is better. There are two launching zones for the xpac, and both are much more visually appealing that the Hellfire Peninsula. There is still plenty of PvP available, but it's not the focal point of each zone. On the other hand, the PvP that they have in the game is much better from a story standpoint and it's really interesting to see PvP themes played out in a PvE setting or even PvP themes that can be accomplished by either PvP or PvE kills. I really think they did a great job in that regard. MOST of the PvP accomplishments are quite good. You can earn achievements by defending your capitols, attacking enemy capitols, participating in BGs, and other ways. Some of the accomplishments strike me as stupid, but I'm sure they don't have a shrine dedicated to my particular views at Blizzard. I don't demand that everything fit my particular view. What does fit my tastes is more than enough to make up for the difference.

Going back to Setzer's comments about LotRO, I agree. For all practical purposes, it has no PvP. I like that. In fact, if it weren't for my wife, family, and friends, I would have jumped ship on WoW, great expansion and all, and stayed with LotRO. I prefer the atmosphere, the crafting, the backstory, classes, the... well, you get the point. It's all better. Even the locations are beautiful. For someone who doesn't favor PvP, LotRO is the way to go.

That said, I do sometimes like to engage in PvP. Sure, it's not a big draw, but every now and then I like to fight with folks. I especially like it when I get into a row with folks and someone comes online with an alt to comment or joke about the fight. Not ridiculous griefers, mind you, but folks who actually want to chat. However, in the balance, I would gladly forgo PvP for a better PvE experience.

I guess my longwinded post is simply made to agree with Hurlshot and Setzer. Kind of makes me wonder why I took the time. >_<

Oh, and I've been playing Deus Ex and WotLK.

Twin Snakes is a lot like Baldur's Gate Tutu in a lot of ways, really. In both cases, elements of respective sequels (for Twin Snakes, it's tranqs and first-person mode, for Tutu, it's class kits) were introduced into the original games. In both cases the additions are initially delightful, but sooner rather than later you discover that the games weren't designed with the additions in mind, and thus they get broken and become much, much, much, much easier. The AI in Twin Snakes is at times hilariously stupid, because your first-person mode allows you line of sight they don't have.

Uhm so in short, I shouldn't waste my time with it?

I preordered GTAIV from Spelbutiken.se instead of my usual online retailer (Webhallen.se), and it turns out it's a Danish company! That means they don't actually give a crap about release dates or anything non-beer-like like that. So instead of sending it to me so it arrives at the day of release, I just got an email saying, "We've just finished out thirtyseventh beer today.. oh, and I think we shipped your copy of GTAIV too. It will probably be there sometime next week, depending on how many beers the postman had today".

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm playing Disciples 2.

:p I'm currently playing the addon, Guardians of the Light, for the first time on the side of the dwarves.

Also: SoZ! :p It's a real change that the fights are so hard, and an annoyance that even long-lasting buffs wear off as soon as you leave a battle-card, making clerics and wizards a poor choice compared to favoured souls and socerers :/ other than that: fun!

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

My Bioshock copy used to temporarily freeze every few seconds and had awful texture popping.

Thank you so much, NXE, for the save to harddrive feature! Now the Unreal Engine has literally no popping textures and the game works like it was new.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Sigworthy? I think it might be... :(

Anyways, "British Literature Paper: The Extra-long Edition." >_<

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Fortune favors the bald.

The Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft. Not a bad adventure game, actually, with some decent voice acting. I'd never heard of the Hardy Boys, but Wikipedia informs me they're quite a big thing in the US. :)

Anyways, "British Literature Paper: The Extra-long Edition." :)

Don't forget to mention all the irony. :wub:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)