What are you playing now?

Gorth

The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew are pretty big young adult franchises in the US. There was even at least one TV series about the Hardy Boys. Detective Sleuths. Not too many years ago, there was a Nancy Drew movie.

I'm still playing WotLK. I've got a 72 warrior and Mage, a 73 hunter, and a 74 rogue. Pretty good gaming, although I haven't spent as much time playing as some. He'll I've seen some level 80 Death Knights running around. Must have been focusing on leveling, I guess.

I have A Vampyre Story, which tries to be a very funny adventure game. So far the humor is strained - I think the problem is that I'm not sitting back and enjoying it. Almost everything you look at prompts a 'wise-crack' from the main characters and I just want to puzzle solve.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

The Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft. Not a bad adventure game, actually, with some decent voice acting. I'd never heard of the Hardy Boys, but Wikipedia informs me they're quite a big thing in the US. :)

Anyways, "British Literature Paper: The Extra-long Edition." :)

Don't forget to mention all the irony. :wub:

Hardy boys is one of those series where the boys somehow are interested in whatever the crime happens to be about (be it fencing, skateboarding, or scuba diving) and just happen to be good enough that one of them is able to work in the industry long enough for them to figure out why X is happening.

The Hardy Boys have also had a few cross overs with Nancy Drew.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Man.. I've been hanging out at GTAforums.com to try and find a solution, there's some cool cats over there and we've found some rather cool solutions for a few bugs.. but it's like being on a mmo forum :lol: nerdrage!!

Fortune favors the bald.

I have A Vampyre Story, which tries to be a very funny adventure game. So far the humor is strained...

I started playing A Vampyre Story and I thought exactly the same thing. I wondered if perhaps I just wasn't in the right mood, so I put it aside to play in a few weeks, but if you're having the same experience, maybe the humour is indeed faulty.

The Hardy Boys have also had a few cross overs with Nancy Drew.

Yes, and you get to phone Nancy a few times in the game. I didn't have to look her up on Wikipedia, because I'd heard of (though not seen) the movie. :lol:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

PoP

How is it?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

PoP

Tell me how it is!!

Wait, it comes out on PC soon enough. I can wait. I CAN WAIT.

Just give me a hint..

I have A Vampyre Story, which tries to be a very funny adventure game. So far the humor is strained...

I started playing A Vampyre Story and I thought exactly the same thing. I wondered if perhaps I just wasn't in the right mood, so I put it aside to play in a few weeks, but if you're having the same experience, maybe the humour is indeed faulty.

It's like a bad comedy routine - they're trying too hard. If they pared the jokes down to just a few witticisms, it would be good. Instead, it's constant yuk-yuk.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

PoP

Tell me how it is!!

Wait, it come out on PC soon enough. I can wait. I CAN WAIT.

Just give me a hint..

Why do people even play platforming games on the PC? You'd have to buy a joystick to be able to do any sort of decent platforming in it.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Why do people even play platforming games on the PC? You'd have to buy a joystick to be able to do any sort of decent platforming in it.

Because I don't have a next-gen console. :lol:

I played PoP: The Sands of Time and The Two Thrones on PC and didn't have any difficulty. Don't get me wrong, I like controllers, and I think it would be *better* with a controller, but it's still good on PC.

Edited by Maria Caliban

Because I don't have a next-gen console. :lol:

I played PoP: The Sands of Time and The Two Thrones on PC and didn't have any difficulty. Don't get me wrong, I like controllers, and I think it would be *better* with a controller, but it's still good on PC.

I still wonder how someone can cope with 8 directions for movement only.

A controller might not make a huge difference in the sense of how many directions, but at least its a lot smoother. And I'm pretty sure some PC games work with 360 controllers, not to mention actual controlers made for the PC.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

You can get a good PC controller for about 10 or 15 euros.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Grabbed Tombraider: Underworld down at EB Games today. Got to play a bit this evening, making it past the giant squid and looking at Thors left glove. Good fun so far :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Oblivion. I guess I'll finish the game I started this summer.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I've been wheeling and dealing on the Auction House in LotR Online. These new legendary weapons come in two flavors, standard third age and extremely rare second age. The second age weapons can level up more and usually have better stats. They are selling very high right now, and any time I see a second age priced too low I buy it and sell it at a higher price. I've made an enormous amount of gold off just a couple weapons so far.

Unretired my War in the Pacific game.

If people like I could post After Action Reports like last time :)

Absolutely, that was a great read! :wacko:

Okay, I'll write them up in chunks since I'm a few months into the game by now.

fallout 2

i'm thinking maybe i'm a bit too low a level to be at the sierra army depot right now

thank jeebus for psycho upping my damage resist - now i can run right up to the turrets and punch them to death muahaha

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!