What are you playing now?

Gorth

There's always No One Lives Forever 2.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Tombraider: Underworld :lol:

A pleasant surprise. I had very low expectations after the pathetic excuse for TR title that was "Anniversary". It is almost like they took "Legends" which was a mixed experience and separated all the bad part out into "Anniversary" and all the good part into "Underworld".

No stupid boss battles so far, no constant ledge climbing, even the stupid "Quick Time" mini games has disappeared, sort of. At least the current implementation makes in-game sense and lost it's mini game feel.

Disclaimer: I've made it to Mexico so far, opinion subject to change.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Mirror's Edge.

This game is glorious really, truly glorious. I do love it so.

Speed runs are proper whores though, keep messing up on chapter 2. Got a second or two over the limit too many times now. Borked LB button probably doesn't help at all with this tbh. Too poor for a new controller though.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Tomb Raider Underworld.

Aside from some technical bugs in terms of clipping and path finding, the gameplay gives me strong nostaligia of the very first Tomb Raider with the spirit it tries to capture: A sense of adventure in exploration and raiding tombs.

A worthy game that lives up to the name of Tomb Raider. Its my personal favourite amongst the series (Which I mostly hate from 2 onwards).

What's wrong with Anniversary though? The levels are mostly the same as I recalled from the original Tomb Raider as well as gameplay which is combat minimum. Except the QTE which I agree the implementation is out of place.

I finally got my GTA4. Wow, the install problems people have been talking about was no joke! I inserted the DVD1 (out of 2) and up pops a window devoid of any text and two buttons. One button is blank and the other one is filled with weird signs. I pressed the blank one and the installation started. So I sit there and wait for 14 GB to fill up my poor hard drive. When that is done it installs C++ runtime, Windows Live something, Rockstar Social Club, DirectX, some Windows components and some other crap I forgot about. Then it forced me to make a Rockstar Social Club account. And then I had to update the Rockstar social Club. And then authenticate my game. After that I had to login to Windows Live. Which needed an update. And then I had to authenticate the game for it too. But it turned out it wouldn't work because Windows needed a hotfix of some kind. Luckily the program provided a direct link to the hotfix, so I downloaded that too. But it turned out that it didn't work with the Swedish version of Windows XP, so I never got the Live thingie to work correctly. Anyhow, then I wanted to start the game so I had to go through the Rockstar Social Club, which immediately crashed, but the game started anyhow. Then the game wanted me to authenticate my copy! So I did that too, but the server didn't respond so the game crashed. I restarted the Social Club and started the game anew and this time it worked. I finally got into the game and immediately went into the options.. only to find out that my 4870 can barely run this game on 25% of the max settings!! ****ING CRYSIS RUNS BETTER THAN THIS!!

Anyhow, I did two missions (or so) but I was too tired from the installation process to continue playing. Now I'm going to eat candy and cry myself to sleep.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I just had the wonderful experience of attempting to get Fallout 3 working on a couple different computers. This is by far the most crash prone game I have ever had the misfortune of attempting to play. I managed to get through the vault section on both systems only to then experience the damn thing CTD'ing on me once every 20 minutes on average. Fast traveling somewhere? Crash on arrival. Leave a building? Crash just after loading the new area. Just wandering the wilderness? Crash for no reason. Standing still shooting it out with some raiders? Crash again!

The patch and official forums were no help at all. There were several things suggested, running in windowed mode, something about creative sound which I don't have, turning off AA, none of them worked. How did this pass QA?

Weird, I had very little issue running F3. I did get a CTD every hour or two, but not enough to stop me from playing it.

LotR Online has some great storytelling in it. I played through my second flashback, this time as a dwarf during Balin's expedition into Moria. I was slaying Orcs all over the place until the Balrog showed up. I ran for my life, eventually locking myself in a burial chamber. Some guy named Mazog showed up with an army and overwhelmed me.

It's been a great storytelling element to the already very entertaining books.

Edited by Hurlshot

What's wrong with Anniversary though? The levels are mostly the same as I recalled from the original Tomb Raider as well as gameplay which is combat minimum. Except the QTE which I agree the implementation is out of place.

My pet peeves are small (microscopically so) linear levels, killing any sense of exploration, spending 75% of the time hanging on walls (she has a nice butt, but not *that* nice, that I want to watch it zoomed in all the time), Quick Time events, horrible boss fights: T-Rex, Centaurs, I made it past the centaurs through sheer stubborness, not because it was fun. After those two "guys" I shelved the game and couldn't be bothered to give it a second try. It was a pathetic excuse for a TR game that had only the words Tomb and Raider in common with the original. After that, I installed and completed the original which felt just sooo good. It really made Anniversary look like the bumpkin that didn't get the joke by comparison. Underworld so far seems to be a completely different ball game.

Edit: So Anniversary gets to share the honour with NWN1 being games that I bought and never finished. I took a gamble buying Underworld hoping that it would at least continue the interesting story of Legends.'

Edited by Gorth

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Left 4 Dead. The best thing Valve ever done. (Actually, the only good thing)

No One Lives Forever. The best thing Monolith ever done. (Actually, the only good thing)

I disagree. FEAR was awesome.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

No it wasn't, FEAR was awful.

Speaking of which, I've been playing through recently. I can only pass the game on Low, surprisingly, and this is from someone who passed Halo 3 on Legendary without a sweat. I just hate oldschool medkit gameplay, so annoying.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

No it wasn't, FEAR was awful.

Speaking of which, I've been playing through recently. I can only pass the game on Low, surprisingly, and this is from someone who passed Halo 3 on Legendary without a sweat. I just hate oldschool medkit gameplay, so annoying.

How anyone can prefer FEAR to NOLF just boggles the mind. I enjoyed the fights in FEAR, but other than it was pretty horrible. It's probably the most disjointed game I've ever played.

Heja Sverige!!

How anyone can prefer FEAR to NOLF just boggles the mind. I enjoyed the fights in FEAR, but other than it was pretty horrible. It's probably the most disjointed game I've ever played.

Woah, I didn't say it was better than NOLF, I haven't played NOLF.

And its the only game that actually scared me, but to get the best of the experience you need to play in the dark, alone when everyone else is sleeping. Not BOO scary, but outright freaky moments.

It's an awesome FPS with fairly open ended levels, where action and stealth approaches are viable gameplay options, aprtly because your enemies have great AI. Also, it has funny conversations which make even the goons you face seem like real people, intelligence items to pick up that add depth and hilariousness to the game world, and most importantly it doesn't take itself seriously. Finally, the game and has the best set pieces(only matched by the sequel) you can find in a FPS.

Oh, and it also stars the best female lead character in gaming, ever.

Heja Sverige!!

Just completed the new Prince of Persia.... after watching/playing the ending I think that Ubi tried to hard to create an opening for Prince of Persia 2 to appear. Major spoilers and a grumbling below

Ok so the prince goes through hell to save the land and he does it but because Elika was resurrected by Ahriman she has to give her life in order to seal Ahriman away. Then the prince has to go and invalidate EVERYTHING THAT JUST HAPPENED, defile four fertile grounds and release Ahriman so that he can get the girl back. While this might have been a good idea to do after say 1/4 of the game I don't think that it's a good idea to make everything the player just did completely useless because the Prince wants to be with his girlfriend again. If you did it earlier on fine, at least the prince can get yelled at by the girl who just spent her life doing what the prince just undid, and then they can have a few good character moments where they are forced to work together to either call in celestial help or whatever. But when you completely kill the sense of accomplishment for the player by making him watch everything he just did come undone because the prince is a selfish ass, you have a problem.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I think its his first time to have truly fallen in love with a woman. He did mention in the introduction that he wanted to spend the treasures on women ect when he gets back home. So the sense of loss he experienced for the first time must had been a devastating impact and the subsequent decision was one of rashness.

Besides, I think the fanbase may be pissed off to see the heroine they may have grown attached to suddenly killed off like that.

The bottom line is, Ubisoft just want to make more profits with sequels!

Fallout 3 again. I found some mods and tweaks on the internet that look good.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Fallout 3 again. I found some mods and tweaks on the internet that look good.

I sure hope it wasn't the child killer mod. D:

I just finished Half-Life. I have NEVER played it before, and I really really enjoyed it. It was nice that the current version from Steam has a 1280x1024(LCD) display mode. Even with it's..... antiquated graphics it still wasn't that bad.

Anyways, I just bought Half-Life

NCAA Football 08. My junior running back better win the Heisman after getting robbed the last two years. Player of the week three out of 5 times should count for something. I can't decide whether to go pro at the end of the year or stay for my senior year.