What are you playing now?

Gorth

Fallout2

set Cassidy's burst fire setting to "be absolutely sure you wont hit me" and gave him a combat shotgun

went to Redding and was clearing out rats in Frog Morton's area and soon enough he does a fecking burst shot at a rat with 2 hp left and hits me for 33 damage

now i remember why i prefer to not have any NPCs with me :biggrin:

Heh you should have given him a mini gun. I usually give him the Pancor Jackhammer shotgun. I try to stay out of his firing range though.

i don't know if i can be bothered keeping him round until i get my hands on a gauss rifle

Dogmeat and i should be able to handle things well enough on our own :sorcerer:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Dead Space is the perfect game for me.

Atmospheric, gorgeous graphics, not too much gore, seamless animation, immersive, the ship just feels like an actual ship and repairing it is a nice concept. Voice acting and dialogue is solid enough to not be a problem.

I haven't watched Aliens or anywhere near enough sci-fi to feel this is a rip-off, the voice acting is solid and something about the animation/interface and third person camera gives it a sort of realistic feeling, like an actual sci-fi movie. The monsters are creative and the zero-g sections are lots of fun.

Definitly a better buy than the Orange Box.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Gears two. Epic win.

Word.

At the Skorge fight currently. Sadly I'll be away a couple of weeks and won't see the rest until then.

Ah, sucks for you, you're almost at the best part... but Skorge is a pretty awesome boss...

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Beat Gears of War Saturday morning. Getting closer and closer to the end of Fallout 3. Kind of bored with that, so I'm glad Resistance 2 arrives today on my stoop.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

NHL 09, of course. My league is THA awesome. EASHL is okay.

Waiting on NWN2 expansion which I already preordered to come out this week.

Waiting on FO3's price to be chopped (in a year) so I get suckered out of $25 based solely on the FO name.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Gears two. Epic win.

Word.

At the Skorge fight currently. Sadly I'll be away a couple of weeks and won't see the rest until then.

Ah, sucks for you, you're almost at the best part... but Skorge is a pretty awesome boss...

Awesome boss. Maybe. Maybe.

But that kind of implies, to me, that you get into some sort of "boss fight" with him. As opposed to some moderately interactive cutscene. Which is what I would more accurately call it.

No, there's a boss fight while riding a reaper afterwards. And his repaer is considerably bigger and better armed.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Game 2 with Oblivion with Guns.

Did you like the ending?

No, there's a boss fight while riding a reaper afterwards. And his repaer is considerably bigger and better armed.

Thanks for spoiling it, thanks a lot.

Well, ****.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

He also dies at the end.

...not too much gore...

:o:ermm::huh::blink:;)

Enemies don't leak 10 tons of blood everytime you chop their limbs off. That's pretty much what I meant. The point is I haven't found the gore to be in bad taste yet, which is weird.

No. The ending was very lacking. Of the entire game that must have been rushed. A shame to.

Thoughts on the game?

Its ok. The ending was lame. Love VATS. Sniper rifle should be better than what it is. I can hit things further away with the laser rifle. Lots of quests, and a lot of open places to explore which I like.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Played an hour or two of Resistance 2 last night. Sadly, it didn't improve in the areas I really wanted it to.

First impressions:

Visuals

Good: There's some more color. I just happened upon a colorful 1950s american burg.

Bad: Still overusing the sepia filter. Lots of pixelation on my 46".

Gameplay

Good: Much the same as Resistance. Tense assault set pieces and ambushes.

Bad: Too much the same as Resistance. Boss fights that are either trial and error or trial-until-lucky.

Really, Resistance 2 looks like a run-of-the-mill FPS with excessively powerful multiplayer options.

Also, the particle effects range from pathetic to PS2 quality. Nobody cares about that but me though.

Awesome boss. Maybe. Maybe.

But that kind of implies, to me, that you get into some sort of "boss fight" with him. As opposed to some moderately interactive cutscene. Which is what I would more accurately call it.

Yeah, I guess, but he's still awesome. With the 'saw staff. That has two heads. Overuse of iconic weapon, anyone? :)

Thanks for spoiling it, thanks a lot.

Well, ****.

At leat there is a story, this time around... though a (somewhat) cryptic one... seriously, how'd the flood get into my GoW?

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Still on Dead Space. Chapter is intense. The new monsters are freaking creepy, especially the morphed statis soldier zombie monster things. Sadly, only 3 chapters left.

I finished Fallout 3. Unlike everyone else, I thought it was a pretty decent ending, and I really enjoyed the scenes leading up to it.

I'll be tinkering with LotR Online until the expansion comes out next week. I was planning on finishing Fable 2, but my 360 died.